Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who's to blame for the position we are now in.

+10
xmiles
Hipster_Nebula
bwfc71
Natasha Whittam
MartinBWFC
Spirit of 58
Culcheth_White
Copper Dragon
Soul Kitchen
Banks of the Croal
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:

Name me two players under 25 who have played for us since that you don't consider to be shite or injury prone.

But seriously, that's not really the point is it. We all know Coyle signed a load of shite whatever their age - but you were suggesting Allardyce left us some sort of good player legacy for the future. I disagree.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:
xmiles wrote:

Name me two players under 25 who have played for us since that you don't consider to be shite or injury prone.

That will take some research!

Laughing

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

xmiles wrote:Not sure about other countries but, six seasons later five players are still active in the Prem: Jussi, JOB, Nolan and Vaz Te at West Ham and Al Habsi at Wigan.

Diouf is in our division with Leeds and doesn't Anelka still play as well?

Speedy went on to manage the Welsh team, before he prematurely died by taking his own life Crying or Very sad

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:
xmiles wrote:

But seriously, that's not really the point is it. We all know Coyle signed a load of shite whatever their age - but you were suggesting Allardyce left us some sort of good player legacy for the future. I disagree.

But he didn't leave us in the hopeless position we are in now. Given some money and a capable manager we should still have been capable of maintaining a mid table position in the Prem.

The big unknown is how we would have done if Allardyce had stayed another couple of years. I'm just grateful for the good years we had under Sam.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Big Eddie & Fat Phil .....that's the root of the problem. Modern day football operations and vision have passed them by long ago.

Look at comparable clubs: Stoke, Wigan, Fulham, West Brom etc.... all teams we would expect to hammer in days gone by.....no longer....they have moved forward ....we have gone backwards.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whatever you think of the big sam team, that got into europe (must have been shite!) it wasn't a relegation team by any stretch of the imagination.

It might have been on it's "last legs" so to speak but those legs were a damn sight better than what we have now.

the mistake was hiring Lee. His recruits were abysmal, Mikel Alonso, wow. He also dropped Campo for some reason and destroyed the dressing room. So much so Nolan, Davies Campo et al were rumoured to have approached Gartside.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum