Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Butterfield 'tweets' us good bye!

+6
Sgt. Bash
aaron_bwfc
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
10 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Butterfield 'tweets' us good bye! Empty Butterfield 'tweets' us good bye! Wed Jan 02 2013, 15:20

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

He tweeted this a few minutes ago -

So thats my loan finished.. All the best to Bolton rest of the season great club.. Back to Norwich now!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2Butterfield 'tweets' us good bye! Empty Re: Butterfield 'tweets' us good bye! Wed Jan 02 2013, 15:22

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wish we could have kept him till the end of the season. Are Bolton Nuts tweeting him back, thanking him for his contribution?

3Butterfield 'tweets' us good bye! Empty Re: Butterfield 'tweets' us good bye! Wed Jan 02 2013, 15:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Vela needs to step up now.

4Butterfield 'tweets' us good bye! Empty Re: Butterfield 'tweets' us good bye! Wed Jan 02 2013, 15:24

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Isn't vela still injured? I've seen no news of his return to fitness.

5Butterfield 'tweets' us good bye! Empty Re: Butterfield 'tweets' us good bye! Wed Jan 02 2013, 15:30

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Apparently he's better. Shame we're upset about losing a Norwich reserve, but he was good.

6Butterfield 'tweets' us good bye! Empty Re: Butterfield 'tweets' us good bye! Wed Jan 02 2013, 15:44

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Reebok Trotter wrote:I wish we could have kept him till the end of the season. Are Bolton Nuts tweeting him back, thanking him for his contribution?

Will do RT.

Shame he has gone, for the little time he took part yesterday he sounded to do well.

7Butterfield 'tweets' us good bye! Empty Re: Butterfield 'tweets' us good bye! Wed Jan 02 2013, 15:48

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Butterfield to join another championship side tomorrow according to Nixon.

8Butterfield 'tweets' us good bye! Empty Re: Butterfield 'tweets' us good bye! Wed Jan 02 2013, 15:56

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reebok Trotter wrote:Are Bolton Nuts tweeting him back, thanking him for his contribution?

I've just sent him a tweet wishing him all the best.

9Butterfield 'tweets' us good bye! Empty Re: Butterfield 'tweets' us good bye! Wed Jan 02 2013, 16:44

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If it's Rovers I'll be gutted.

10Butterfield 'tweets' us good bye! Empty Re: Butterfield 'tweets' us good bye! Wed Jan 02 2013, 17:20

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'd take a guess at Leeds.

11Butterfield 'tweets' us good bye! Empty Re: Butterfield 'tweets' us good bye! Wed Jan 02 2013, 17:23

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why didn't we ask to keep him until the end of the season?

12Butterfield 'tweets' us good bye! Empty Re: Butterfield 'tweets' us good bye! Wed Jan 02 2013, 18:06

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Well I suggested to Mr Gartside that we might be better off bringing in our own youth in addition to Holden and spending our loan money on bolstering the defence. He seemed to go with that.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

13Butterfield 'tweets' us good bye! Empty Re: Butterfield 'tweets' us good bye! Wed Jan 02 2013, 19:06

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Biggie wrote:Well I suggested to Mr Gartside that we might be better off bringing in our own youth in addition to Holden and spending our loan money on bolstering the defence. He seemed to go with that.

He would do, any dealings I've had with him suggests to me he has an "anything for an easy life" attitude. Given his contempt for the fans I would suspect this is the correct way to deal with supporters.

14Butterfield 'tweets' us good bye! Empty Re: Butterfield 'tweets' us good bye! Wed Jan 02 2013, 20:48

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Mr. ITK says Butterfield is going to another Championship club (not Rovers) and we are looking to bring in a good young player - initially as cover - but not as a loan. He seems to think Holden, Vela and Wheater will make us look a different outfit (along with getting rid of a few duds as we all knew).

15Butterfield 'tweets' us good bye! Empty Re: Butterfield 'tweets' us good bye! Thu Jan 03 2013, 09:07

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Butterfield off to Palace on loan according to a london paper.

16Butterfield 'tweets' us good bye! Empty Re: Butterfield 'tweets' us good bye! Thu Jan 03 2013, 09:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:Well I suggested to Mr Gartside that we might be better off bringing in our own youth in addition to Holden and spending our loan money on bolstering the defence. He seemed to go with that.

If that's what is going to happen it's reassuring - providing that the money is spent on quality defenders and not more bodies to make up the numbers.

It's important to encourage our own young talent rather than try to buy our way back to the prem by bringing on talent for other clubs. Nice as it was to see Wilshere, Sturridge etc in a white shirt it didn't do anything for us or our own youngsters in the long term - it probably set us back just for a short term stay of execution rather than helped us grow as a club.

17Butterfield 'tweets' us good bye! Empty Re: Butterfield 'tweets' us good bye! Fri Jan 04 2013, 18:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Tweet from Butterfield just now -

Appreciate all the tweets from bolton fans glad you enjoyed watching me play had a great time at the club!

Fair play to him to say thank you.

18Butterfield 'tweets' us good bye! Empty Re: Butterfield 'tweets' us good bye! Fri Jan 04 2013, 18:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fake. No Bolton fan enjoyed watching him play.

19Butterfield 'tweets' us good bye! Empty Re: Butterfield 'tweets' us good bye! Sat Jan 05 2013, 21:10

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Butterfield left to get another transfer because of lack of game time. Not that he would not have signed again for us but that Dougie couldn't give him the game time he wanted and our man Doug said "well if you don't want to play the bits you are given, I understand, pack your bags and don't play at all"- ITK.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum