Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who is the mystery target?

+11
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
Barryjw
Sgt. Bash
bwfc71
Keegan
Boggersbelief
aaron_bwfc
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Who is the mystery target? Empty Who is the mystery target? Fri Jan 04 2013, 16:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So Nixon appears to have been 100% accurate with the 3 named target signings revealed so far (if our posters are to be believed) but who is the mystery man (or woman) we are apparently after?

Nixon clearly stated that the mystery person would walk into the team.

"Young midfielder one to bring through. Norwegian defender to push for start. Davies will want to play. Fourth target would play."

Is that because he's a defender, because he's at the end of his career or because he's a class above?

So who could it possibly be?

As it's unlikely we'll be spending gazillions, I'm thinking it would be an older player towards the end of their career from a major club. Paul Scholes? Ryan Giggs? Ivan Campo to come back from retirement?

Perhaps not someone so far into their career as these 3 but if I had to guess, that would be the profile of the mystery player.

The only other logical alternative would be another loanee (BOOOOOO!!!) who would play as a result of the deal struck to secure him. Whatcha reckon? Old guy, loanee or something else?

2Who is the mystery target? Empty Re: Who is the mystery target? Fri Jan 04 2013, 17:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dean Windass.

3Who is the mystery target? Empty Re: Who is the mystery target? Fri Jan 04 2013, 17:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You never know. The rumour is he's British anyway. I'm thinking Scholes as he's already bottled on retirement once.

4Who is the mystery target? Empty Re: Who is the mystery target? Fri Jan 04 2013, 17:05

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Dean Holdsworth

5Who is the mystery target? Empty Re: Who is the mystery target? Fri Jan 04 2013, 17:05

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I wouldn't build your hopes up on Scholes, fair play to DF if he brings 3 players in before the start of next week. He certainly isn't messing around an clearly knows who he wants.

6Who is the mystery target? Empty Re: Who is the mystery target? Fri Jan 04 2013, 17:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:I wouldn't build your hopes up on Scholes, fair play to DF if he brings 3 players in before the start of next week. He certainly isn't messing around an clearly knows who he wants.

No one has signed so far.

7Who is the mystery target? Empty Re: Who is the mystery target? Fri Jan 04 2013, 17:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Dean Holdsworth

That would brighten up someone not a million miles from here's day.

8Who is the mystery target? Empty Re: Who is the mystery target? Fri Jan 04 2013, 17:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Graham Dorrans would send the right message.

9Who is the mystery target? Empty Re: Who is the mystery target? Fri Jan 04 2013, 17:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
aaron_bwfc wrote:I wouldn't build your hopes up on Scholes, fair play to DF if he brings 3 players in before the start of next week. He certainly isn't messing around an clearly knows who he wants.

You really are a wet blanket sometimes Natasha.

10Who is the mystery target? Empty Re: Who is the mystery target? Fri Jan 04 2013, 17:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Graham Dorrans would send the right message.

Rated at £4 million by WBA it would send the message that we are still as f******* stupid as ever. No chance.

11Who is the mystery target? Empty Re: Who is the mystery target? Fri Jan 04 2013, 17:09

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yannick bolasie

12Who is the mystery target? Empty Re: Who is the mystery target? Fri Jan 04 2013, 17:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

Rated at £4 million by WBA it would send the message that we are still as f******* stupid as ever. No chance.

Dorrans is a quality player, regardless of what fee is being quoted.

13Who is the mystery target? Empty Re: Who is the mystery target? Fri Jan 04 2013, 17:10

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Hence why I put IF he brings in the players. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

14Who is the mystery target? Empty Re: Who is the mystery target? Fri Jan 04 2013, 17:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Yannick bolasie

Rumour is it's a Brit.

15Who is the mystery target? Empty Re: Who is the mystery target? Fri Jan 04 2013, 17:15

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Dorrans is a quality player, regardless of what fee is being quoted.

Agree with that, he is a player of high quality, espcially for this league.

Not sure if he is available on loan or whether or not he plays regualr for the baggies but I would be happy with him if he signed.

16Who is the mystery target? Empty Re: Who is the mystery target? Fri Jan 04 2013, 17:15

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

So, to recap. Davies - minor details left, cross the t's and dot the i's. Tollas and Gregus on the brink. Cristiano Ronaldo unhappy at Madrid and our fourth new signing "would play". Anybody else thinking what I'm thinking?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

17Who is the mystery target? Empty Re: Who is the mystery target? Fri Jan 04 2013, 17:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:

Agree with that, he is a player of high quality, espcially for this league.

Not sure if he is available on loan or whether or not he plays regualr for the baggies but I would be happy with him if he signed.

He has been told he can leave in January.

18Who is the mystery target? Empty Re: Who is the mystery target? Fri Jan 04 2013, 17:16

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nick powell.
Fabien Delph.
Barry bannan

19Who is the mystery target? Empty Re: Who is the mystery target? Fri Jan 04 2013, 17:20

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Keegan wrote:So, to recap. Davies - minor details left, cross the t's and dot the i's. Tollas and Gregus on the brink. Cristiano Ronaldo unhappy at Madrid and our fourth new signing "would play". Anybody else thinking what I'm thinking?

That ronaldos a miserable cunt?

20Who is the mystery target? Empty Re: Who is the mystery target? Fri Jan 04 2013, 17:20

according to my sauce at the club the mystery player is michael chopra

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum