Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who is the mystery target?

+11
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
Barryjw
Sgt. Bash
bwfc71
Keegan
Boggersbelief
aaron_bwfc
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61Who is the mystery target? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who is the mystery target? Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:30 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Craig Dawson fits the bill if he can be bought for a lowish price. Local lad, young, some experience although he is basically an understudy for Tamas - which is the problem IMO. Presumably "groomed" to be the next generation CB at the Baggies, they won't want to let him go cheaply - and if we splash the cash on him it's a gamble. When Dougie is picking up players like Davies and Nation for around the £300k mark there's not so much of a risk and I'm comfortable with that kind of punt, but I'd be wary of spending too much on Dawson, even though we are desperate for quality CBs. In the last 12 months Dawson's estimated value has gone up from bugger all to over a million - even though he's only had a handful of first team games. Currently rated at £1.3mill. Can't see an obvious reason why Baggies would want to sell so it worries me that we might pay way over the odds not knowing if he's going to make it as a top defender or not. Right kind of player to go for, but the deal would have to be right.

On another note, saw Ryan Giggs at the Duck in Entwistle today. Entwistle is now in Blackburn since the boundary changes, but I'm still hopeful (stupidly) that he's thinking of a late career move to spend a couple of seasons with us a la Willie Morgan.

62Who is the mystery target? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who is the mystery target? Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:35 pm

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:Craig Dawson fits the bill if he can be bought for a lowish price. Local lad, young, some experience although he is basically an understudy for Tamas - which is the problem IMO. Presumably "groomed" to be the next generation CB at the Baggies, they won't want to let him go cheaply - and if we splash the cash on him it's a gamble. When Dougie is picking up players like Davies and Nation for around the £300k mark there's not so much of a risk and I'm comfortable with that kind of punt, but I'd be wary of spending too much on Dawson, even though we are desperate for quality CBs. In the last 12 months Dawson's estimated value has gone up from bugger all to over a million - even though he's only had a handful of first team games. Currently rated at £1.3mill. Can't see an obvious reason why Baggies would want to sell so it worries me that we might pay way over the odds not knowing if he's going to make it as a top defender or not. Right kind of player to go for, but the deal would have to be right.

On another note, saw Ryan Giggs at the Duck in Entwistle today. Entwistle is now in Blackburn since the boundary changes, but I'm still hopeful (stupidly) that he's thinking of a late career move to spend a couple of seasons with us a la Willie Morgan.
That would follow the BSA mantra of getting them in later in life. Worked for us before. You need the leader who can convince, persuade and cajole them to do so. Hopefully DF will be the next BSA.

63Who is the mystery target? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who is the mystery target? Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:27 pm

Some of you still think you're in the PL. Wise up jackasses.

64Who is the mystery target? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who is the mystery target? Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:55 pm

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did you just insult us by calling us jackasses..

You're a joke.

65Who is the mystery target? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who is the mystery target? Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:26 pm

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

What ever happened to "The Rock?" Never signed for us or for BSA. On loan the last time I heard about him. Did he ever dump his conniving agent? Would have loved to see him in a Bolton uniform.

66Who is the mystery target? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who is the mystery target? Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:27 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thiago Alcantara was another name that was bandied about not all that long ago.

67Who is the mystery target? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who is the mystery target? Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:15 pm

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:Not that I am saying anything but from tomorrow afternoon my IP address will be a British one!!!

Is it you ? How are you going to commute from Tower Hamlets to Chorley every day ?

Well I didn't like to say but we are with my folks for a couple of weeks before actually moving there - don't forget that Canary Wharf is in Tower Hamlets!!!!!!

68Who is the mystery target? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who is the mystery target? Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:47 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Handy for you for the Palace away game on the 19th!

69Who is the mystery target? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who is the mystery target? Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:13 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Now hoping the mystery man wasn't Dawson as Baggies not selling ATM due to injuries.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum