Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton

+25
Sgt. Bash
Sluffy
observer
rammywhite
Quent
summercummings
Tigermin
JonnyRandom
Angry Dad
BoltonTillIDie
MartinBWFC
doffcocker
Culcheth_White
Reebok Trotter
Reebok_Rebel
jayjay23
Bolton Nuts
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
terenceanne
Hipster_Nebula
bwfc71
Lofty_Love
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

81Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:12 pm

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Imagine what we could have done with them...

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

82Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:22 pm

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Not a bad result in most circumstances but in our position we have to win most of our games to stand a chance. So glad for a point and clean sheet but one point doesn't do much for us really.

83Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:22 pm

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

"And we did it without our better players".

Errr ........ we didn't have to be without our better players. We only were because our idiot manager thinks it's better not to play them.

84Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:28 pm

chipbutty wrote:"And we did it without our better players".

Errr ........ we didn't have to be without our better players. We only were because our idiot manager thinks it's better not to play them.

So you'd have played Wheater, Holden and Mavies then? Despite none of them being fit? Bizarre.

85Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:31 pm

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I believe , for DF, that this was a tactical game, not one where his players went out and charged up and down the field (although they did a fair bit of that as well). As I said previously, I think he's gone more for a one-on-one with regards abilities. It worked, however had he taken a step back, I think he would have seen that the game was there for the winning, had he taken the gamble. He obviously felt safe enough after 85 minutes to change the team, but in my opinion, he could have done it at least 20 minutes earlier. because of his game plan he had to decide whether to gamble a certain point, or go for a risky 3. We performed well against one of the current high flyers, and came away with a point, and a clean sheet. Thats good enough for me.

86Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:32 pm

Natasha Whittam wrote:It's a poor result, especially as we didn't go for it.

Play-offs are long gone, but that shouldn't stop us trying to win every game.

Drawing a game you had down as a 4-0 loss is a poor result? Rolling Eyes

87Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:34 pm

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You can't expect holden to be thrown straight in after being out for so long, same goes for vela, he played 75 minutes against Sunderland a few days ago! After 4months out it would have been foolish to start the lad.

As for Sordell, yes he's scored 3 in 2, but as dougie said, he hasn't played two games in a week for over a year, so perhaps that's the reason he didnt get a game. The only one that baffles me is Lonergan not being given a chance. We need to be patient guys, things can only get better!

88Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:38 pm

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

2 Clean sheets in a week, one against premier league opposition and the other against a team who are doing very well in the play off spots is not something to be sniffed at.

Ok we all want to win everygame but it's work in progress under DF at the moment, give the lad some time Rome wasn't built in a day.

89Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:43 pm

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Although the result is not bad ..... what's the purpose of the exercise? are we now just treading water till next season ...if so then just a mid table finish will do .....are we pushing for playoff? then more aggresive tactics are needed.

Right now we seem to be not one thing or the other.

90Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:53 pm

terenceanne wrote:Although the result is not bad ..... what's the purpose of the exercise? are we now just treading water till next season ...if so then just a mid table finish will do .....are we pushing for playoff? then more aggresive tactics are needed.

Right now we seem to be not one thing or the other.

We're sorting out the mess we're in, which probably means mid table this season.

First priority should always be to stop conceding goals, and that seems to be what DF is focusing on.

Course we want to win every game and score freely, but it's unrealistic given our squad.

I think we are making progress, albeit slowly. Next season we'll be able to see if DF has managed to turn things around, but from my point of view we're looking better.

91Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:00 pm

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

bwfc1874 wrote:

So you'd have played Wheater, Holden and Mavies then? Despite none of them being fit? Bizarre.

Lonegan, Ricketts, Sordell.

You may be happy with the way manager arses about with the team, I am not.

92Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:03 pm

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

We all know he's put Palace on a good footing, and that didn't happen overnight. It'll be interesting to see the feedback fromthe Palace fans

93Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:05 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

Well said.

Most of those who predicted a loss are still not happy that we got a draw against a side having a very good season, and as you say a first clean sheet of the season away from home.

And we did all that without our better players.

In the context of the league table it's a good result.

But we're fucking Bolton Wanderers! We shouldn't be going into games with the likes of Crystal Palace setting up a team to draw 0-0. We should be going down there to win. We will not get promoted this season or any season being negative.

The play-offs may have gone, but until it is mathmatically impossible to get there we should be going all out to win every single match. Who knows what might happen if we won 6 games on the bounce.

We are further away from the play-offs than the day Coyle was fired. We are going backwards.

Shame on Dougie for playing so negatively, and shame on some Bolton fans for accepting it.

94Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:06 pm

chipbutty wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

Lonegan, Ricketts, Sordell.

You may be happy with the way manager arses about with the team, I am not.

Ricketts was injured.Sordell isn't fit enough apparently.

Lonergan I'd like to see play too, but considering we kept a clean sheet there can be few complaints.

I'm not sure if any of those three can be classed as our best players considering the amount of games they've played this year, but its your opinion.

95Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:09 pm

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:

Well said.

Most of those who predicted a loss are still not happy that we got a draw against a side having a very good season, and as you say a first clean sheet of the season away from home.

And we did all that without our better players.

In the context of the league table it's a good result.

But we're fucking Bolton Wanderers! We shouldn't be going into games with the likes of Crystal Palace setting up a team to draw 0-0. We should be going down there to win. We will not get promoted this season or any season being negative.

The play-offs may have gone, but until it is mathmatically impossible to get there we should be going all out to win every single match. Who knows what might happen if we won 6 games on the bounce.

We are further away from the play-offs than the day Coyle was fired. We are going backwards.

Shame on Dougie for playing so negatively, and shame on some Bolton fans for accepting it.

Shame on dougie for realising our defence is shit and focussing on it.

Shame on him for getting a clean sheet!

You should of loved Coyle the way you talk these days, one thing he wasn't was negative!

96Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:10 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ricketts was fit enough to be the only defender on the bench so don't talk bollocks.

97Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:11 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

You should of loved Coyle the way you talk these days, one thing he wasn't was negative!

So you don't think we should be going all out to win every game? Especially when Watford were thrashing Huddersfield?

I cannot understand that mentality. A point today is two points dropped.

98Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:14 pm

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Nat, you're banging on about negativity from the team, but you are even worse ! If all the fans carried on like you, then the team may as well pack and piss off home. The clue is in the word 'supporter'. I cannot believe you see nothing positive about the changes that are happening, albeit slowly. The team has been seriously damaged by the incompetence of the last 3 managers, and thats not going to be fixed easily. Try giving them a break, and who knows, you may see the light at the end of the tunnel that some of us others do.

99Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:18 pm

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

So you don't think we should be going all out to win every game? Especially when Watford were thrashing Huddersfield?

I cannot understand that mentality. A point today is two points dropped.

Yet you thought we'd lose 4-0 so surely its a point gained?

What does Watford have to do with palace away?

Of course we should look to win every game, but there are different ways of doing that. One of which is to keep it tight at the back and try and nick a goal.

We got halfway to that today, and although we couldn't nick a goal, keeping a clean sheet away from home is something this squad has rarely achieved.

100Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton - Page 5 Empty Re: Crystal Palace 0-0 Bolton Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:20 pm

Natasha Whittam wrote:Ricketts was fit enough to be the only defender on the bench so don't talk bollocks.

Just repeating what I've heard.

Ream played well today and we kept a clean sheet, does that justify his selection?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum