Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stoke after Alonso - NIXON

+9
Keegan
CheeseOnMyToad
Jamster26
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok_Rebel
terenceanne
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Stoke after Alonso - NIXON Empty Stoke after Alonso - NIXON Fri Mar 01 2013, 10:31

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Second time lucky: Stoke will swoop again for Bolton left-back Marcos Alonso

Stoke City boss Tony Pulis is ready to swoop for Bolton’s Spanish left-back Marcos Alonso – at the second attempt.

Pulis and director of football Mark Cartwright watched Alonso in dazzling form in midweek and they see him as a major capture for the summer.

The Potters want to open talks with the former Real Madrid kid – out of contract at the end of the season – after failing to agree a price with Bolton in the January transfer window.

Alonso is also wanted by Italian giants Fiorentina, but would prefer to remain playing in the Premier League.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Stoke after Alonso - NIXON Empty Re: Stoke after Alonso - NIXON Fri Mar 01 2013, 10:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dazzling? I think not.

3Stoke after Alonso - NIXON Empty Re: Stoke after Alonso - NIXON Fri Mar 01 2013, 10:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not good news, but I think Dougie will fight tooth and nail to keep him now that he's showing a bit of form. I reckon that promotion or otherwise would be a deciding factor for Alonso.

4Stoke after Alonso - NIXON Empty Re: Stoke after Alonso - NIXON Fri Mar 01 2013, 11:40

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I saw potential in this lad from the get go ..... apparently others do as well.
Only a few months ago most fans on here wanted to get rid .....now fight to keep him.??
Laughable really .....even now I feel most are 50/50 about it .....so if you were Alonso why not go to Stoke and play Prem footy.

5Stoke after Alonso - NIXON Empty Re: Stoke after Alonso - NIXON Fri Mar 01 2013, 11:54

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I used to look at stoke as a tin pot club, however they have proven that they are willing to splash the cash a bit and have shown more ambition than we ever have.

obviously he will want to go there, I Dont see the point in the club wasting their time in trying to keep him.

6Stoke after Alonso - NIXON Empty Re: Stoke after Alonso - NIXON Fri Mar 01 2013, 12:16

Reebok_Rebel wrote:I used to look at stoke as a tin pot club, however they have proven that they are willing to splash the cash a bit and have shown more ambition than we ever have.

Showing ambition is great, but we can't spend beyond our means.

Stoke are lucky to have the Coates family, Pulis wasted 20 million on Crouch and Palacios, 8 million on Kenwyne Jones and probably far more money on mediocre/past it players.

I don't really understand the moaning about how much we spend to be honest, we've got massive debt already, if the money's not there we can't spend it. Comparing us to Stoke who have very rich owners is ridiculous, you may as well be comparing us to Chelsea.

7Stoke after Alonso - NIXON Empty Re: Stoke after Alonso - NIXON Fri Mar 01 2013, 13:27

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Rebel go and "splash" a bank balance of -100 million on something that costs 10 million and see how you get on.

8Stoke after Alonso - NIXON Empty Re: Stoke after Alonso - NIXON Fri Mar 01 2013, 13:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I must be missing something with Alonso...he's improved but he's still an average defender at best with the speed of a tank. He regularly got ripped a new one in the PL (Damian Duff anyone), Pulis must be desperate.

9Stoke after Alonso - NIXON Empty Re: Stoke after Alonso - NIXON Fri Mar 01 2013, 13:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I must be missing something with Alonso...he's improved but he's still an average defender at best with the speed of a tank. He regularly got ripped a new one in the PL (Damian Duff anyone), Pulis must be desperate.
He's improved a lot recently, and whilst he is more of a threat going forward still, he is learning about defending. I guess with the CBs Stoke have, it's less of a worry that he isn't the best defensively as yet.
Still a kid and well worth having, especially on a free.

10Stoke after Alonso - NIXON Empty Re: Stoke after Alonso - NIXON Fri Mar 01 2013, 13:46

Pulis will like him for his height as much as anything else guaranteed, plus they haven't had a proper left back for years.

11Stoke after Alonso - NIXON Empty Re: Stoke after Alonso - NIXON Fri Mar 01 2013, 13:47

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I think he'll be found out at Premier League level. He's doing ok now as he is getting a run of games and it's the championship.

12Stoke after Alonso - NIXON Empty Re: Stoke after Alonso - NIXON Fri Mar 01 2013, 13:56

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Rebel go and "splash" a bank balance of -100 million on something that costs 10 million and see how you get on.

It Kept stoke sitting, dining at the top table, and doing pretty well at it as well...

13Stoke after Alonso - NIXON Empty Re: Stoke after Alonso - NIXON Fri Mar 01 2013, 14:04

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Rebel go and "splash" a bank balance of -100 million on something that costs 10 million and see how you get on.

It Kept stoke sitting, dining at the top table, and doing pretty well at it as well...

scratch

14Stoke after Alonso - NIXON Empty Re: Stoke after Alonso - NIXON Fri Mar 01 2013, 14:24

CheeseOnMyToad

CheeseOnMyToad
David Ngog
David Ngog

Always hoped he would turn out to be something special.Would like to see Alonso stay for a few more years, and see how he develops.

BTW Anyone know whats happening over the car crash incident? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

15Stoke after Alonso - NIXON Empty Re: Stoke after Alonso - NIXON Fri Mar 01 2013, 14:32

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I'd heard he was found not liable for the accident - the case is basically over with.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

16Stoke after Alonso - NIXON Empty Re: Stoke after Alonso - NIXON Fri Mar 01 2013, 14:34

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Doesn't change the fact they have money and we don't Rebel.

17Stoke after Alonso - NIXON Empty Re: Stoke after Alonso - NIXON Fri Mar 01 2013, 16:08

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

We should just spent 300 mill +

Then we would be a top 4 team in the prem

This football lark is so easy.

18Stoke after Alonso - NIXON Empty Re: Stoke after Alonso - NIXON Fri Mar 01 2013, 16:27

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Lofty_Love wrote:We should just spent 300 mill +

Is is, in effect - that easy.

Man city won the title doing that...

19Stoke after Alonso - NIXON Empty Re: Stoke after Alonso - NIXON Fri Mar 01 2013, 17:42

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Lofty_Love wrote:We should just spent 300 mill +

Is is, in effect - that easy.

Man city won the title doing that...

But would you feel like a true winning team?

Feels like cheating to me and just buying the trophy...

20Stoke after Alonso - NIXON Empty Re: Stoke after Alonso - NIXON Fri Mar 01 2013, 18:41

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Really? Winning is winning at the end of the day.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum