Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Have Burnely got themselves a Gary Megson of their own?

+2
Hipster_Nebula
doffcocker
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21754358

Maybe CD can give us his thoughts.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sounds familiar. But not quite as bad as meggo's classic post Hull draw interview that was just a car crash.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If I was a Burnley fan I would rather have Dyche than Megson. Burnley have sold off a lot of their players but they are still there and thereabouts. I suspect they sold Rodriguez to balance their books.

At least they have no debt and live within their means.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:sounds familiar. But not quite as bad as meggo's classic post Hull draw interview that was just a car crash.

I remember that night so well. 2-0 up and coasting with less than 25 minutes to go. They pegged it back to 2-2 and Browny was crowing like a Peacock at the post match interview. I remember coming home and telling the wife ( who hates football ) that Megson has pissed on his chips good and proper tonight. She grunted and then turned over in bed and farted.

I can only think it was some form of omen because the next day he was sacked.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I don't think that he's on a par with Megson just yet. Very Happy

I've always thought that Dyche speaks sense but over the last week or so he's come out with some right cack. I believe that the booing after the game against Huddersfield has affected him somewhat.

Burnley fans expectations playing at home - Don't play with one up front, Attack the opposition, Try and play football and don't leave your joint top assist player out of the squad altogether for "tactical reasons". No different to any other set of fans in the land really.

He sorted the problem left by Eddie Howe, which was to make the defence tighter but lately he's gone too far with the 'don't let the opposition win' instead of playing to our strengths.

Charlie Austin is not and never will be a lone forward man.

I see trouble up ahead unless he changes his thoughts on how to play at home.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Freedman's first job was to tighten up the defence which wasn't popular with many fans. But he did a decent job of it. It was a couple of months before he started to try a few variations with the attack and again progress in the department was too slow for many. Recently we've been doing OK and everybody's happy for now as long as the playoff dream is alive. If Dyche follows a similar path then popularity with the fans won't be his first priority but he'll have to start stringing a few results together to get them off his back.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok Trotter wrote:

I remember coming home and telling the wife ( who hates football ) that Megson has pissed on his chips good and proper tonight. She grunted and then turned over in bed and farted.

I can only think it was some form of omen because the next day he was sacked.

this is my new favorite post... Laughing

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If things don't improve, perhaps CD should start feeding his missus beans and pickled eggs?

Just stumbled across this thread from last year.

If a week is a long time in politics, then a year is a lifetime in football........

Just shows what can be achieved with a positive attitude, a willingness to adapt your approach and a bit of belief.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum