Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Has anyone ever tried making their own beer?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have been thinking about brewing my own beer, maybe even try to make a nice strong wine. I've never actually done it before, but have seen some brewing kits in Wilkinson's, which got me thinking that I might quite enjoy this.

I like beer and getting pissed, what have I to lose? I may even enjoy myself in the process!

Has anyone actually tried this?
What would you recommend is the easiest to make?
Any other tips?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My brother used to but he generally couldn't wait and supped it before it was ready.
Easiest way? Not sure if this is of any use whatsoever as I've never seen this product on sale in the UK or anywhere else for the last 30 odd years, however...
When I lived in Qatar in the 70s the best selling product at Safeways was "Blue Riband" (not that) which was a gooey malt and hops "spread" for putting on your toast, obviously. It was sold in 2 litre containers which surprisingly, when added to water, sugar and yeast made a jerry can of tasty beer, especially if the drilled lid had a tube fitted with the other end in a bottle of water to make an airlock. Lucky coincidence huh?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I will try your strong wine.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Ive got one of those kits but never used it yet...

I have a feeling it will turn out shit.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

BoltonTillIDie wrote:I have been thinking about brewing my own beer, maybe even try to make a nice strong wine. I've never actually done it before, but have seen some brewing kits in Wilkinson's, which got me thinking that I might quite enjoy this.

I like beer and getting pissed, what have I to lose? I may even enjoy myself in the process!

Has anyone actually tried this?
What would you recommend is the easiest to make?
Any other tips?

I've been brewing my own since the 70's.

Although I only use the kits nowadays as it's less hassle and just so damn easy.

Here's a good site to help you get the equipment and get started....

http://www.art-of-brewing.co.uk/acatalog/AoB_OnLine_Catalogue_Beginners_Equipment_Packs______20.html

I've tried it but it never works out, always tastes like shit. Better to go to the pub.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum