Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

No new contract for SKD - OFFICIAL.

+20
Sluffy
Soul Kitchen
BoltonTillIDie
Reebok Trotter
Boggersbelief
aaron_bwfc
doffcocker
wanderlust
Reebok_Rebel
MartinBWFC
Tigermin
Natasha Whittam
Bernard Dennis Park
Sgt. Bash
xmiles
scottjames30
Dinae Moe Humm
Copper Dragon
Keegan
Hipster_Nebula
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

He best get a testimonial.

It'll be a damp squib.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

He best get a testimonial.

It'll be a damp squib.
Well it's bound to be after an orgasm after such a long time.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sgt. Bash wrote:I think Fat Sam will sign Super kev as a replacement for Andy Carroll at Wet Spam. Carroll is only on loan at the moment and is probably too expensive to sign permanently.

I can see this again...

Another player deemed 'too shit' for bolton will go and play in the premier league... :facepalm:

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Another player deemed 'too shit' for bolton will go and play in the premier league... :facepalm:

He is shit. If he comes good for someone else then so be it. But it's the right move for BWFC.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He has netted six goals in 38 games for Wanderers this term

I reckon Magoo would have scored 6 goals given that many games.

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Sgt. Bash wrote:I think Fat Sam will sign Super kev as a replacement for Andy Carroll at Wet Spam. Carroll is only on loan at the moment and is probably too expensive to sign permanently.

I can see this again...

No chance, if he plays in the championship again next season I think he'll retire at the end of it.

If he drops to League 1 he'll be unstoppable for a couple of years.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mr Brown will be on the phone to him as we speak.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

If he drops to League 1 he'll be unstoppable for a couple of years.

Just what people said when we got relegated last season.

It's bullshit. He'd be even shitter in League 1 as most defenders are cluless on the ground but good in the air.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:Mr Brown will be on the phone to him as we speak.
Decent shout that, but I think there's a lot of clubs that would be interested. Any success we've had has been associated with SKD - talk to fans who know nothing about us and they usually mention SKD. Lots dislike him, but most respect him.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Dinae Moe Humm wrote:I can't believe the hard on some people have for him. Thanks for everything Kev, you've given your all and been well recompensed for it.

This, this, this!

The Kevin Davies love-in has got hideous at times. I spoke to a guy in the pub not long ago that openly admitted to thinking he was "shit", but wanting him in the team regardless because of "all that he's done for us". For a lot of people it's about fitting him in by any justification thinkable, even if it means younger, fresher and frankly better options miss out. Personally, I want the best eleven players picked every week, irrespective of how good they were five years ago. I'm old-fashioned like that.

As for a testimonial, I've never grown attached enough to a player to want to attend one. What are they like? Fun? Important?

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I don't see why some fans are mad about it, it's clear to see he isn't the player he once and the wages he is on could probably be better used on someone younger and with a better goal tally.

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Jussi's testimonial was a legends game that finished 0-0 followed by a match against Hibs that finished 0-0 and then an all out war with the Hibs fans (that probably finished 0-0!)

doffcocker wrote:
Dinae Moe Humm wrote:I can't believe the hard on some people have for him. Thanks for everything Kev, you've given your all and been well recompensed for it.

This, this, this!

The Kevin Davies love-in has got hideous at times. I spoke to a guy in the pub not long ago that openly admitted to thinking he was "shit", but wanting him in the team regardless because of "all that he's done for us". For a lot of people it's about fitting him in by any justification thinkable, even if it means younger, fresher and frankly better options miss out. Personally, I want the best eleven players picked every week, irrespective of how good they were five years ago. I'm old-fashioned like that.

As for a testimonial, I've never grown attached enough to a player to want to attend one. What are they like? Fun? Important?

The 'hard on' people have for him is obvious, he was a key component of one of the most successful periods in our recent history, he's never had a bad word to say about the club or the fans and gave his all in every game, he was unbeatable in the air and was the main reason top teams hated playing against us, he was a nightmare for center backs.

He flew into challenges, worked himself into the ground, never rolled around on the floor feigning injury and clearly cared about the club, how many other players can we say that about now?

No right minded person would say put him in the team because of what he's done before, the times right for him to go. But he deserves to be praised and to get a testimonial as a sign of respect for his contribution.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:

This, this, this!

The last one i went to it kicked of with Hibs.

It was fun.

Last testimonial I went to was against Celtic. Alan Stubbs was playing for them, don't know whose testimonial it was.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

His contract ends five days before he can get a testimonial.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Anyone still think he might be on his way to Sheff Wed on loan?

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

scottjames30 wrote:His contract ends five days before he can get a testimonial.

The club can still give him one.

He was on talksport saying he's gutted etc and the club won't give him a testimonial.

If that's the case and he doesn't get one it's a disgrace.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

doffcocker wrote:I spoke to a guy in the pub not long ago

I bet it was on Canal Street in Manchester.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum