Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

No new contract for SKD - OFFICIAL.

+20
Sluffy
Soul Kitchen
BoltonTillIDie
Reebok Trotter
Boggersbelief
aaron_bwfc
doffcocker
wanderlust
Reebok_Rebel
MartinBWFC
Tigermin
Natasha Whittam
Bernard Dennis Park
Sgt. Bash
xmiles
scottjames30
Dinae Moe Humm
Copper Dragon
Keegan
Hipster_Nebula
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:It's a disgrace if he doesn't get a testimonial.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.].

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy, it's not feeling sorry for him, it's the same feeling I had when Freddie Hill, Eddie Hopkinson, John Byrom, McGinlay, Ivan Campo, Frank Worthington, need I go on, stopped pulling on a White Shirt. Any self respecting fan should tag on to that feeling!?!
I personally can't get over folks dissing comments, maybe they need to examine themselves re. the team they follow? No doubt Bolton Hater will echo some of your comments? The sweetest goals for me were the ones he scored against Blackburn, and the banter I had with my Dingle mate!!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:
I personally can't get over folks dissing comments, maybe they need to examine themselves re. the team they follow? No doubt Bolton Hater will echo some of your comments? The sweetest goals for me were the ones he scored against Blackburn, and the banter I had with my Dingle mate!!

Shut up you bellend. I support Bolton Wanderers, I go to the home games and some away games. I don't love the players, I don't cry when they leave, I think they earn far too much money for the return they give.

Kevin Davies is just another overpaid ponce who think BWFC owe him something just because he stuck around for 10 years.

I've seen some comparing him to John McGinlay! What a fecking joke! McGinlay scored a few.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a complete load of bollocks, in every respect.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:What a complete load of bollocks, in every respect.

Speak for yourself. I don't get attached to players and I don't cry when they leave. What's bollocks about that?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Who's crying? I said i would have let him go before this season.

I also said i think Davo has been a terrific servant, he has.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Nat you come out with that much bullshit I seriously doubt you've stepped foot on the Reebok! FFS you don't know what sex you are never mind anything about Bolton Wanderers!!

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Speak for yourself. I don't get attached to players and I don't cry when they leave. What's bollocks about that?

Not getting attached to players when your a football fan is pretty odd.

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Kevin Davies is just another overpaid ponce who think BWFC owe him something just because he stuck around for 10 years.

Not sure what your expecting from players if Kevin Davies is mean't to be a ponce..

Last edited by Lofty_Love on Tue Mar 26 2013, 19:55; edited 2 times in total

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:Nat you come out with that much bullshit I seriously doubt you've stepped foot on the Reebok! FFS you don't know what sex you are never mind anything about Bolton Wanderers!!

lol!

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Lofty_Love wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Not getting attached to players when your a football fan is pretty odd.

I agree, not a football fan, just a wum in transition!

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Thanks for the memories Kev. A true Bolton legend but it's the right time to release him, no doubt about it. He's been on borrowed time for a couple of seasons now. Testemonials for top players these days are a bit of an obscenity if you ask me, given their huge weekly earnings these days there is no need whatsoever for a big fat paycheque to send them off into retirement.
Should also mean that at last we can finally consign hoofball to the dustbin of history and maybe play with a bit of skill and pace up front. (I can dream can't I?)

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If your a true fan, you care about your players, especially the ones that have served the club for a number of years.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:Nat you come out with that much bullshit I seriously doubt you've stepped foot on the Reebok! FFS you don't know what sex you are never mind anything about Bolton Wanderers!!

Oh right, just because I don't love Kevin Davies I can't be a Bolton fan?

You sad fucker. I have better things in my life than worshipping a bunch of ladyboys who wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes 40 years ago.

Trust me, on my death bed I won't be thinking about BWFC.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:It's the right time imo.

He's been a great player for us but it's time to move on.

Hopefully he has a goal or two left in him this season though.

And good luck to him where ever he ends up next season.

Shock horror but I actually agree with Dave Bernard.

Thanks for the memories and will be part of the folklore and good luck for the future...

Last edited by bwfc71 on Tue Mar 26 2013, 20:07; edited 1 time in total

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some very interesting comments on here. I have watched Kev since he signed for us and to be fair the last couple of years have not been his best. I will never slag him off but sentiment aside, at 36 he can no longer play with any real impact at the top level.

I wish him nothing but the best for the future but it made no business sense to give him a new contract.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Soul Kitchen wrote:Sluffy, it's not feeling sorry for him, it's the same feeling I had when Freddie Hill, Eddie Hopkinson, John Byrom, McGinlay, Ivan Campo, Frank Worthington, need I go on, stopped pulling on a White Shirt. Any self respecting fan should tag on to that feeling!?!

I wasn't aiming my previous comments at anyone in particular but the original idea of a testimonial was a financial benefit to players who basically had to find a new job now that their football career was coming to an end.

These day’s top players are astronomically over paid and will not have to work a single day more once their football career finishes.

It seems odd to me that a testimonial is even in the thoughts of these incredibly wealthy and still relatively young men, unless of course they intend it for charity purposes.

I enjoy Bolton Wanderers as much as any other fan on here but I've never lost the sight that at the end of the day the players are simply paid entertainers - they are not some sort of demigods to be worshiped.

I'm certainly not 'dissing' Davies for his effort and application he has put in over the last decade - and imo he would have been the first name on my team sheet for many of those years if I was able to pick the team but he's been fabulously rewarded during that time and he and his family are set for life because of it.

Why then the 'need' to give him even more money in the form of a testimonial?

Christ wouldn't it be a nice gesture if he hired the Reebok, organised some sort if game and let the crowd in for FREE.

He most certainly could afford it, the crowd could say their goodbyes and everybody would be happy.

Wouldn't that be a far better outcome rather than an already multimillionaire banking another half-million quid or so?

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

He would give it to charity.

From what ive heard he does a lot for charity.

Sluffy wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:Sluffy, it's not feeling sorry for him, it's the same feeling I had when Freddie Hill, Eddie Hopkinson, John Byrom, McGinlay, Ivan Campo, Frank Worthington, need I go on, stopped pulling on a White Shirt. Any self respecting fan should tag on to that feeling!?!

I wasn't aiming my previous comments at anyone in particular but the original idea of a testimonial was a financial benefit to players who basically had to find a new job now that their football career was coming to an end.

These day’s top players are astronomically over paid and will not have to work a single day more once their football career finishes.

It seems odd to me that a testimonial is even in the thoughts of these incredibly wealthy and still relatively young men, unless of course they intend it for charity purposes.

I enjoy Bolton Wanderers as much as any other fan on here but I've never lost the sight that at the end of the day the players are simply paid entertainers - they are not some sort of demigods to be worshiped.

I'm certainly not 'dissing' Davies for his effort and application he has put in over the last decade - and imo he would have been the first name on my team sheet for many of those years if I was able to pick the team but he's been fabulously rewarded during that time and he and his family are set for life because of it.

Why then the 'need' to give him even more money in the form of a testimonial?

Christ wouldn't it be a nice gesture if he hired the Reebok, organised some sort if game and let the crowd in for FREE.

He most certainly could afford it, the crowd could say their goodbyes and everybody would be happy.

Wouldn't that be a far better outcome rather than an already multimillionaire banking another half-million quid or so?

The money would almost certainly go to his charity Kids of Bolton (I think that's what it's called).

Testimonials haven't been about a financial send off for a long time, it's just a mark of respect to players who have served the club well.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

It's not something we do, as a rule. Sad but true.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

Testimonials haven't been about a financial send off for a long time, it's just a mark of respect to players who have served the club well.

It would be a waste of time, few would go.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum