Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bristol City 1-2 Bolton

+29
Hipster_Nebula
observer
Soul Kitchen
Mr Magoo
Bernard Dennis Park
Culcheth_White
doffcocker
BoltonTillIDie
mark leach
gloswhite
aaron_bwfc
Hip Priest
Keegan
Mo
Lofty_Love
terenceanne
Sgt. Bash
Sluffy
Spanish Trotter
Jamster26
scottjames30
Reebok_Rebel
WhiteBic
Copper Dragon
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
JonnyRandom
MartinBWFC
33 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

1Bristol City 1-2 Bolton Empty Bristol City 1-2 Bolton Mon Apr 08 2013, 00:52

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The next 2 games are crucial to our season, and as we all know Bristol hold up the league, but they have one of the best home records in recent times, this is going to be far from a walk in the park, but with a possible place in the top 6 at stake how do you imagine Dougie setting us up for this one? for me I hope for a narrow win, but fear defeat.

2Bristol City 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol City 1-2 Bolton Mon Apr 08 2013, 06:17

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Our away record is that bad i just cant see us getting much here or at leicester. 0-0 draw for me

3Bristol City 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol City 1-2 Bolton Mon Apr 08 2013, 08:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Definite loss. When was the last time a BWFC team won a "must win" game? Years ago I suspect. No bottle.

4Bristol City 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol City 1-2 Bolton Mon Apr 08 2013, 09:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Definite loss. When was the last time a BWFC team won a "must win" game? Years ago I suspect. No bottle.
Your usual opening gambit Natasha. Yes this is a banana skin in the waiting, but I'm hopeful that the players don't look beyond this game. If we win we are still in with a chance of making the playoffs. If we lose it's just about game over, so in many respects the whole season boils down to this game.
Bristol are no mugs and will be fired up for a scrap, but I think the key lies with us. If Dougie takes the less cautious approach he has been taking at home and we come out of the blocks firing on all cylinders with attacking intent - and the same line up we started the Wolves game with - we could grab an early lead again and come through unscathed.
If we start playing deeper again we'll be asking for trouble. Must say I'm a little more confident with the Medo/Spearing combination in the middle of the park. So it's over to you Dougie.

5Bristol City 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol City 1-2 Bolton Mon Apr 08 2013, 11:29

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I disagree, I don't think our play off chances hinge on this game, even if we lose I expect forest and Brighton to lose aswell as they have tough games away at Cardiff and middlesborough.

I'm going for a 2-2 draw and at the end of play I think we'll be 1 point outside the play offs going into our ACTUAL season defining game at leicester.

6Bristol City 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol City 1-2 Bolton Mon Apr 08 2013, 12:27

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bristol City are rank bad with no confidence.

You'll win this game comfortably maybe 1-3.

Leicester is a different matter though.

7Bristol City 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol City 1-2 Bolton Mon Apr 08 2013, 14:26

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I think you're right we will probably beat Bristol. IMO Leicester are probably the best team to turn up at the reebok this season, we will end up getting beaten badly ending all hopes of the play offs.

8Bristol City 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol City 1-2 Bolton Mon Apr 08 2013, 14:29

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

we better bloody win.

BC are shit.

Their fans think they are millwall.

They talk funny.

Bristol's a shithole.

I could go on...

9Bristol City 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol City 1-2 Bolton Mon Apr 08 2013, 14:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WhiteBic wrote:I think you're right we will probably beat Bristol. IMO Leicester are probably the best team to turn up at the reebok this season, we will end up getting beaten badly ending all hopes of the play offs.

Agreed, Leicester are by far the best team to play at the Reebok this season, although they seem a shadow of that team right now.

If we can win at Bristol City confidence will be high for Leicester, so I see Saturday as the biggest game of the season.

10Bristol City 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol City 1-2 Bolton Mon Apr 08 2013, 14:36

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We need a minimum of 9 points from the next12.

11Bristol City 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol City 1-2 Bolton Mon Apr 08 2013, 16:56

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Our away form has got to pick up .

Why can't it not start against Bristol ?

If we can win its another big step towards the play-offs, it might get a little scrappy at times but I think we can do it.

1-2 to us COYWM.

12Bristol City 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol City 1-2 Bolton Mon Apr 08 2013, 16:57

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

We can't underestimate these, they are a tough cookie at home and get stuck in. If we play well, we'll win, we're very capable of that.

13Bristol City 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol City 1-2 Bolton Mon Apr 08 2013, 19:44

Spanish Trotter

Spanish Trotter
David Ngog
David Ngog

Has anyone looked at our stats against BC, over the past years, a draw would be a good result, then look to beating Leicester

14Bristol City 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol City 1-2 Bolton Mon Apr 08 2013, 20:05

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hola Spanish Trotter, really good to see you've finally dipped your toe in the water and posted - hope to read many more of your posts from now on.

As for the stats they do look bad - but then again they've not beaten us since August, 1994!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

COYWM!

15Bristol City 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol City 1-2 Bolton Mon Apr 08 2013, 20:53

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

We need to get at least 4 points from Bristol City & Leicester City. I reckon we'll get the draw against Bristol as they're not as bad as their league place suggests and they are fighting for their lives. Leicester don't look like winning, so we'll get the other 3 points there.

We're going to do this, WE ARE GOING UP!!!!

16Bristol City 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol City 1-2 Bolton Tue Apr 09 2013, 11:16

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

You can only beat who's in front of you.....one game at a time......win it and see the lay of the land then.

17Bristol City 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol City 1-2 Bolton Tue Apr 09 2013, 11:18

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

:agree:

18Bristol City 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol City 1-2 Bolton Tue Apr 09 2013, 13:41

Mo

David Lee
David Lee

Maybe 1-1 draw can be enough if we can beat Leicester?

19Bristol City 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol City 1-2 Bolton Tue Apr 09 2013, 14:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leicester will be harder of the 2 games, despite recent results. If we don't beat Bristol it may be irrelevant though. We've already thrown away too many points recently on our travels to consider settling for anything less than a win at Bristol and I'm hopeful Dougie will set the team up to go for all 3 points.

20Bristol City 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol City 1-2 Bolton Tue Apr 09 2013, 15:22

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

We are going to win our next two games.

Believe.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum