Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-2 Bristol City

+19
MartinBWFC
DEANO82
Dunkels King
Keegan
observer
Cajunboy
Sluffy
bryan458
Natasha Whittam
Nigelbwfc
boltonbonce
Boggersbelief
luckyPeterpiper
Jack Russell
wessy
gloswhite
karlypants
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
23 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Empty Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Mon Aug 06 2018, 17:02

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Our next match is against Bristol City who managed a draw, at home, against Nottingham Forest.  Out last game against them saw us beat them 1-0 thanks to a cracking goal from Sammi Ameobi

Hope we build on our surprising win against West Brom.  Im going 2-0 Bolton (Josh Magennis)

2Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Mon Aug 06 2018, 17:04

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Also look like they'll be without their usual left back, Joe Bryan, after agreeing a price with Villa and Middlesbrough.

3Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Mon Aug 06 2018, 17:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Still a bit early to tell, but after that inspiring performance at the weekend we shouldn't be worried about anybody. They have a much better attack this season but our defence should be able to handle them so I reckon it may be a matter of whether not we can keep it going up top. 
I'm guessing at 2 - 1.

4Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Mon Aug 06 2018, 18:04

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I’m going for a 2-1 win to the trotters.

5Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Mon Aug 06 2018, 20:15

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Ever since our 3-0 loss at Wembley to them, I've always thought of them as our bogey team. Taking this into account, and our first home match, I'm going for 2-2 draw, with Wildschut the scorer.

6Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Tue Aug 07 2018, 10:28

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

gloswhite wrote:Ever since our 3-0 loss at Wembley to them, I've always thought of them as our bogey team. Taking this into account, and our first home match, I'm going for 2-2 draw, with Wildschut the scorer.
Totally agree at Ashton Gate we always seemed to lose, we played them first game in the old Division one with Worthy and co at home and lost. But more recently we have done better can't wait for Saturday.

7Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Wed Aug 08 2018, 07:28

Jack Russell

Jack Russell
David Lee
David Lee

3-1 Bolton

8Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Fri Aug 10 2018, 00:05

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

2-0 Bolton. Oztumer to get both.

9Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11 2018, 09:33

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch: Brooks to take charge of Wanderers v Bristol City

John Brooks will oversee Wanderers' Sky Bet Championship home clash against Bristol City this weekend.

The official, who has been involved in the professional game since 2014, will be running the rule over the Whites for the first time this weekend.

The man in the middle took charge of 51 Sky Bet Football League games last season meanwhile, dishing out 149 yellow cards and dismissing six players.

On the opening weekend of 2018/19, he was in charge of Sunderland's home clash against Charlton which the hosts won 2-1, with five yellow cards being brandished.

Philip Dermott and Akil Howson will run the line, while Sebastian Stockbridge is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

10Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11 2018, 09:34

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Five talking points ahead of Bolton Wanderers v Bristol City

Wanderers play their first home fixture of the 2018/19 Sky Bet Championship season on Saturday and Bristol City are the visitors to the University of Bolton Stadium. Five talking points were picked out by bwfc.co.uk ahead of the encounter.

1. First home game

After conquering one of the league’s promotion favourites in West Bromwich Albion at The Hawthorns last weekend, Phil Parkinson’s men are back on their own patch to take on Bristol City tomorrow afternoon.

Wanderers’ home form ultimately played a massive part in the retention of their Sky Bet Championship status last season, including a final day victory against Nottingham Forest in May that will go down in folklore. Football returns to the University of Bolton Stadium!

2. Wanderers to continue unbeaten home run v Bristol City?

Bristol City are yet to win at the University of Bolton Stadium in four attempts since the stadium was opened back in 1997. Last season’s clash saw Sammy Ameobi’s stunning strike separate the two teams with the previous encounter (November 2015) a goalless draw.

In October 2012, Wanderers came from two goals down to win 3-2, with Chris Eagles, Jay Spearing and Martin Petrov on the scoresheet. City’s first ever visit to the University of Bolton Stadium saw them beaten 1-0, with Eidur Gudjohnsen’s early goal proving the difference back in April 1999.

3. Back to back wins

Not many people will have expected Wanderers to get off to a winning start at West Bromwich Albion last weekend, but Phil Parkinson’s now have the opportunity to register back-to-back victories.

It’s been a positive start to the new campaign with the team putting in a fantastic performance in the season opener, but Wanderers will be hoping to earn successive victories for the first time since New Year’s Day, when a home victory against Hull City followed on from a win against Sheffield United at Bramall Lane.

4. New look matchday programme

With a new season, comes a new programme and a fresh new look is on show for the supporters looking to purchase issue number one of the 2018/19 season tomorrow.

The cover star of ‘The Wanderers’ is summer signing Erhun Oztumer, with the Turkish plamaker also the subject in a feature length interview inside the programme.

Other features include David Wheater’s Matchday Playlist which sees the Wanderers captain choose five of his favourite songs and ‘Stranded’ with Andrew Taylor picking things he’d find useful if he was stranded on a desert-island.

Read what Phil Parkinson and Ken Anderson have to say ahead of the fixture, and also get the low-down on tomorrow’s opposition, Bristol City. Sellers are located inside and around the University of Bolton Stadium tomorrow, so pick up your exclusive content-filled copy for just £3.

5. Electric atmosphere

2,500 Wanderers fans made the trip to The Hawthorns last weekend to cheer their team to three points and the impact they had was noted by Phil Parkinson in his post-match press duties.

Ahead of tomorrow’s fixture, he said: ‘At Bolton, everyone has got to play their part and everyone has to pull together for us to win a game of football. Supporters coming to the ground tomorrow, be ready to give the team 100% backing because the team will be doing absolutely everything they can tomorrow to get the win.’

Fingers crossed for an electric atmosphere inside the University of Bolton Stadium tomorrow.

11Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11 2018, 09:36

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We’ll batter these today. Top of the league tonight

12Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11 2018, 09:40

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

3-1. Stroll in the park.

13Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11 2018, 09:52

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

My Birthday today. So they'd better win! That's all I'm going to say

14Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11 2018, 10:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Happy Birthday Nigel! 
I'm really looking forward to this afternoon as we play the first of 3 games in a week (or is that next week?) by which time we'll know a lot more about where we stand competitiveness-wise. Wondering if Parky will risk Oztumer and change the system that worked so well away from home? Wondering if Wildschut will get a start? Wondering if there'll be a live stream on Facebook again? A win today would do wonders for confidence as well as adding to the points tally so I really hope Parky gets it right. COYWM!

15Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11 2018, 10:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Ref watch: Brooks to take charge of Wanderers v Bristol City

John Brooks will oversee Wanderers' Sky Bet Championship home clash against Bristol City this weekend.

The official, who has been involved in the professional game since 2014, will be running the rule over the Whites for the first time this weekend.

The man in the middle took charge of 51 Sky Bet Football League games last season meanwhile, dishing out 149 yellow cards and dismissing six players.

On the opening weekend of 2018/19, he was in charge of Sunderland's home clash against Charlton which the hosts won 2-1, with five yellow cards being brandished.

Philip Dermott and Akil Howson will run the line, while Sebastian Stockbridge is the fourth official.

I'm so happy ref watch is back, highlight of my week.

16Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11 2018, 10:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
karlypants wrote:Ref watch: Brooks to take charge of Wanderers v Bristol City

I'm so happy ref watch is back, highlight of my week.
It's thrilling isn't it. We need more detail though [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

17Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11 2018, 11:03

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I’m confident of a win, even more so with that ref in charge Very Happy

18Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11 2018, 12:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nigelbwfc wrote:My Birthday today. So they'd better win! That's all I'm going to say
Happy Birthday Nigel. Where is your birthday thread?
They forgot my birthday this year. Until I reminded them.
You're just a number on here.

19Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11 2018, 12:08

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sebastian Stockbridge, Taking time out from made in Chelsea !!!

20Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11 2018, 13:29

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:
Nigelbwfc wrote:My Birthday today. So they'd better win! That's all I'm going to say
Happy Birthday Nigel. Where is your birthday thread?
They forgot my birthday this year. Until I reminded them.
You're just a number on here.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum