Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-2 Bristol City

+19
MartinBWFC
DEANO82
Dunkels King
Keegan
observer
Cajunboy
Sluffy
bryan458
Natasha Whittam
Nigelbwfc
boltonbonce
Boggersbelief
luckyPeterpiper
Jack Russell
wessy
gloswhite
karlypants
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:37 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At 2 all I thought City would go on and win it. I'll happily take the draw and move on.

42Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:39 pm

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Think we lost all shape and balance when Le Fondre came on. It was no surprise when they scored the equaliser. Pretty sure their 1st goal was offside though.

43Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:49 pm

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Draw fair result, Buckley other than scoring was wank, and I don't get his inclusion every week, Beevers attrocious and a huge liability, should be shipped out, Magennis looking bargain of the season, juries out on Lowe, Taylor was run ragged on their right, needs replacing, again no creativity in midfield, same old hoof from the back, oh and the ref was not up to league 2 standard, absolutely awful officials today.

44Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:51 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:Draw fair result, Buckley other than scoring was wank, and I don't get his inclusion every week, Beevers attrocious and a huge liability, should be shipped out, Magennis looking bargain of the season, juries out on Lowe, Taylor was run ragged on their right, needs replacing, again no creativity in midfield, same old hoof from the back, oh and the ref was not up to league 2 standard, absolutely awful officials today.

You got all that from Wanderlust's lap?

45Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:55 pm

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittham wrote:
No from the East stand upper

46Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:08 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:Draw fair result, Buckley other than scoring was wank, and I don't get his inclusion every week, Beevers attrocious and a huge liability, should be shipped out, Magennis looking bargain of the season, juries out on Lowe, Taylor was run ragged on their right, needs replacing, again no creativity in midfield, same old hoof from the back, oh and the ref was not up to league 2 standard, absolutely awful officials today.

It is the font of all knowledge after all.

47Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:20 pm

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

A good return from two games, thought Bristol played some good stuff in and around our box, it was disappointing to lose a lead but to be honest it was a shock that we went two up.

Ref was pants really bad. i thought the line up was a bit defensive at home and despite having 5 in midfield we were over run at times, we battled well, pluses Magennis put in a shift and took his goal well and the right back played well, and Noone got better as the game went on. all in all a good start.

48Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:58 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The goals -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

49Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:48 am

rogercpc

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Noone and Magennis MoM for me.

50Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:26 am

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Same old story for us, poor first half then woke up and deservedly went 2-0 up then we sat back and as usual we conceded. Decent performance though and i thought Noone had his best game in a white shirt.

Not sure why Parky took off Murphy as we looked far more comfortable with him and Lowe in front of the back 4. Magennis worked hard and is a handful but as a few have said already not overly impressed with brickfeet again. 

As for that ref, where did they get him from? Worst ref i've seen in a long long time.

A draw was probably a fair result but we need to be able to manage a game better when we take the lead.

51Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:50 am

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Would’ve taken a draw but after being 2 up at home feels like a loss.

52Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:26 am

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I've delayed posting anything about the match- but I wonder if I was at the same game as everyone else. I thought we were slow ,pedestrian uninventive and lacking in any real flair. Our midfield was constantly overrun by their forward players and were lucky to get a point. We were at home and played one up top and the possession stats speak for themselves. They won most 50/50 balls and kept possession much better than we did. They found space all the time and we didn't. The win at West Brom was lucky- and we were lucky to come out of this match with anything.
Unless Parky can inject some flair into this team I feel that it will be a repeat  of last time. Sorry to dampen all your enthusiasm- but I think you were watching this match through rose tinted spectacles.

Parky has a long way to go before we get much out of this season.

53Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:16 am

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

rammywhite wrote:I've delayed posting anything about the match- but I wonder if I was at the same game as everyone else. I thought we were slow ,pedestrian uninventive and lacking in any real flair. Our midfield was constantly overrun by their forward players and were lucky to get a point. We were at home and played one up top and the possession stats speak for themselves. They won most 50/50 balls and kept possession much better than we did. They found space all the time and we didn't. The win at West Brom was lucky- and we were lucky to come out of this match with anything.
Unless Parky can inject some flair into this team I feel that it will be a repeat  of last time. Sorry to dampen all your enthusiasm- but I think you were watching this match through rose tinted spectacles.

Parky has a long way to go before we get much out of this season.
Not me Rammy, I saw it exactly the same way you did, and while Parkinson is still in charge we won't see any change.

54Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:24 am

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It's going to be another long struggle.

Thankfully we have 4 points in the bag.

55Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:08 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We've played West Brom who will almost certainly be pushing for promotion, and Bristol City who are no mugs themselves.

We are in the top half of the table, above Wigan, Rovers & PNE, and still unbeaten.

Some of you need to get a grip. Think back 12 months and tell me we haven't improved by a considerable amount.

I'm all for abusing the team when they're getting thrashed every week, but to post negative comments when we've started so well is madness.

56Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:10 pm

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:We've played West Brom who will almost certainly be pushing for promotion, and Bristol City who are no mugs themselves.

We are in the top half of the table, above Wigan, Rovers & PNE, and still unbeaten.

Some of you need to get a grip. Think back 12 months and tell me we haven't improved by a considerable amount.

I'm all for abusing the team when they're getting thrashed every week, but to post negative comments when we've started so well is madness.
No, it's reality.

31% possession at home is not good.

I know it's early days and hopefully some more players to come in on loan.

57Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:54 pm

The aims to stay up any means necessary, not get above 50% possession every game.

58Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:20 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:No, it's reality.

31% possession at home is not good.

I know it's early days and hopefully some more players to come in on loan.

I couldn't give a shit about possession.

I'd rather get a point than get dicked having had 50% of the ball.

59Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:27 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No one's mentioned the screamer from Buckley. Pick that out!

Never doubted the lad.

60Bolton 2-2 Bristol City - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Bristol City Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:56 pm

Tungsten3

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Thoughts on the game:

Bizarre reffing with something like 30 fouls for bristol and 7 for us.
The refs were decent last year overall but this one was a real shithead.

Polish lad impressed and did nothing wrong and i like his niggling style, without diving in.
AGreed on buckley he keeps possession but doesnt do much with it and cant tackle.

With taylor as a poor left back we could get hammered down that left hand side unless we get a LB in of any note.

Overall yes it was crappy to let go of a 2 goal advantage but they are a neat side who played the ref well.
Probably would of took the draw before the game.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum