Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ken Barlow: A Step Too Far?

+15
rammywhite
karlypants
wessy
Banks of the Croal
Soul Kitchen
Copper Dragon
Angry Dad
doffcocker
mark leach
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
aaron_bwfc
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41Ken Barlow: A Step Too Far? - Page 3 Empty Re: Ken Barlow: A Step Too Far? Thu Feb 06 2014, 11:43

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Angry Dad wrote:Looks like he's walking.

Yep- he walks. Those 6 women presumably are all liars

42Ken Barlow: A Step Too Far? - Page 3 Empty Re: Ken Barlow: A Step Too Far? Thu Feb 06 2014, 11:52

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He might have been acquitted but I still think he has a touch of the snurge about him.

43Ken Barlow: A Step Too Far? - Page 3 Empty Re: Ken Barlow: A Step Too Far? Thu Feb 06 2014, 13:40

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Justice prevails, common sense at last! they should be prosecuted for lying.

44Ken Barlow: A Step Too Far? - Page 3 Empty Re: Ken Barlow: A Step Too Far? Thu Feb 06 2014, 14:19

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I tend to think that it most have been impossible to prove what happened 'beyond reasonable doubt' over something (even as shocking as rape) which occured some 30 or 40 years ago.

There's probably something in the case but the length of time taken to examine in detail what it was, was simply too long ago to have been practical to do so.

If he can't be proven guilty - then he has to be innocent.

That's how the law works.

45Ken Barlow: A Step Too Far? - Page 3 Empty Re: Ken Barlow: A Step Too Far? Thu Feb 06 2014, 14:27

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I have no sympathy for these women they should have reported it at the time and not wasted taxpayers money 40 years later.

46Ken Barlow: A Step Too Far? - Page 3 Empty Re: Ken Barlow: A Step Too Far? Thu Feb 06 2014, 14:30

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:I have no sympathy for these women they should have reported it at the time and not wasted taxpayers money 40 years later.

You're all heart AD!  Laughing 

47Ken Barlow: A Step Too Far? - Page 3 Empty Re: Ken Barlow: A Step Too Far? Thu Feb 06 2014, 14:33

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I presume now, that DLT, Rolf Harris, Freddy Starr and any other dressing room fiddler in showbiz from 40 years ago will now also walk. Seems like they'll all be innocent.
Scottish law has an alternative verdict- Not Proven- which basically means we can't prove it but you are bloody well guilty -and that would seem more appropriate for these 'innocent' people.

48Ken Barlow: A Step Too Far? - Page 3 Empty Re: Ken Barlow: A Step Too Far? Thu Feb 06 2014, 14:36

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Whats happened to Rolf ? thought he was in court but no news of it.

49Ken Barlow: A Step Too Far? - Page 3 Empty Re: Ken Barlow: A Step Too Far? Thu Feb 06 2014, 14:36

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In criminal law if you are acquitted then you are deemed innocent. However, there is nothing to stop the victims taking out a private prosecution under civil law where the burden of proof is based on the balance of probability.

50Ken Barlow: A Step Too Far? - Page 3 Empty Re: Ken Barlow: A Step Too Far? Thu Feb 06 2014, 14:38

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:Whats happened to Rolf ? thought he was in court but no news of it.

Rolf faces a full trial in March. I'll be very surprised if he is given a clean bill of health. Unless he bought his computer from a car boot sale shortly before the Rozzers raided his crib!

51Ken Barlow: A Step Too Far? - Page 3 Empty Re: Ken Barlow: A Step Too Far? Thu Feb 06 2014, 14:41

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Angry Dad wrote:Whats happened to Rolf ? thought he was in court but no news of it.

Case deferred until June if my memory serves me well. He could be dead by then though

52Ken Barlow: A Step Too Far? - Page 3 Empty Re: Ken Barlow: A Step Too Far? Thu Feb 06 2014, 15:17

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I cant help feeling sorry for Rolf and its a shame this has happened and ruined his career and life and i hope for his sake its all a load of bollox but if its true then he's a piece of scum.

53Ken Barlow: A Step Too Far? - Page 3 Empty Re: Ken Barlow: A Step Too Far? Thu Feb 06 2014, 15:25

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Didn't he have child pictures or something, on his computer ?. allegedly

54Ken Barlow: A Step Too Far? - Page 3 Empty Re: Ken Barlow: A Step Too Far? Thu Feb 06 2014, 15:29

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Mr Magoo wrote:Didn't he have child pictures or something, on his computer ?. allegedly
RT reckons so.

55Ken Barlow: A Step Too Far? - Page 3 Empty Re: Ken Barlow: A Step Too Far? Thu Feb 06 2014, 15:33

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:
Mr Magoo wrote:Didn't he have child pictures or something, on his computer ?. allegedly
RT reckons so.

I hope the police are not letting that go!

56Ken Barlow: A Step Too Far? - Page 3 Empty Re: Ken Barlow: A Step Too Far? Thu Feb 06 2014, 15:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

RE Bill Roach: Was he acquitted because the testimony against him re all 6 allegations was flawed or disproved - or is it a case that his accusers had no evidence to back up their claims i.e. unprovable?
If the former i.e. they were all proved to be lying, I'd like to see them prosecuted as it would be a case of people ruining someone's life for fame of financial gain and that kind of stuff has to be stopped before too many people's lives are trashed. 
If the latter i.e. unproven, then Roach may or not have been a nonce but will probably be stuck with the stigma anyway due to the "no smoke without fire" principle.

57Ken Barlow: A Step Too Far? - Page 3 Empty Re: Ken Barlow: A Step Too Far? Thu Feb 06 2014, 17:10

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very true Wander. As Roache himself said, " There are no winners."

As for Rolf, one of the indictments specifically refers to possession of indecent images of children.

58Ken Barlow: A Step Too Far? - Page 3 Empty Re: Ken Barlow: A Step Too Far? Thu Feb 06 2014, 21:03

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:Bet the cornflake walks as well.

The Judge does his summing up tomorrow. Reading between the lines, although there are more complainants, it looks more slap and tickle than anything else.

59Ken Barlow: A Step Too Far? - Page 3 Empty Re: Ken Barlow: A Step Too Far? Thu Feb 06 2014, 21:25

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

rammywhite wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:Looks like he's walking.

Yep- he walks. Those 6 women presumably are all liars

If they are liars the why aren't their names publicised!!

Bill Roache's has been mudded so why isn't theirs now being mudded?

60Ken Barlow: A Step Too Far? - Page 3 Empty Re: Ken Barlow: A Step Too Far? Thu Feb 06 2014, 22:18

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's a vicious circle. If you were to charge the six victims with perjury then Billy would have to go back to court as the principle complainant. You would then be asking a jury of twelve persons to agree that six sixty year old grannies who don't know one another, all made up stories about a Corrie legend.

The verdict would probably be the same as today's outcome.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum