Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Charlie Austin in last year of his contract at Burnley

+7
Copper Dragon
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
Bernard Dennis Park
Natasha Whittam
Born to be a wanderer
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

If Dynamo Kiev are still interested in N,gog and they were offering £4 million and offering to double his wages why would he stay.What a tit if he does not want to jump ship and be a Mercenary.We get all the luck how many did he score.If he was to leave wouldn't Austin prefer Bolton than Burnley.He is only 23 same as N,gog difference about 24 goals last season.Surely Burnley would rather sell for good money than let him go on a Bosman next season.This obviously would involve N,gog going to Dynamo Kiev or was it Dynamo Moscow.Anyway if we can off load him for £4 million then offer Burnley £5-6 that's better than Beckford another unknown quantity.Austin however has banged 30 in i think.So he knows where the goal is and at a mid table club.come join Dougies revolution.Maybe I'm living in my own dream world but that's who I'd try and sign if we could off load N,gog.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Who would pay £4m for Ngog? You do realise clubs have scouts don't you?

If someone offered £500k Bolton would snatch their hand off. He's shit.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I doubt we'll be trying to sign players for £5-6million tbh.

And I don't think Austin is worth anywhere near that.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't rate austin

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:I don't rate austin

Were all his goals flukes?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Burnley? where did they finish?

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

He had a good first half of the season, did he even score in any of burnleys last 10 games?

Every season the championship has a similar shit striker scoring a hatful, Glenn Murray was another this season, most of his goals were penalties.

Even ebanks Blake scores a few in this league, it just highlights how poor the championship is.

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Dynamo Kiev or Moscow came in for him in the window.They were prepared to pay £4 million and double his wages that's Fact.I know it sounds unbelievable but they did send an envoy over.People saying they don't rate Austin well he got 30 goals and its a team game.If you don't rate him well what do you think of N,gog,Sordell.How many goals from open play did he get this season.

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Just googled dynamo Kiev in for N,gog 20th Feb 2013.They have a different transfer window they were offering £4 million but he didn't want to go.FACT.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Born to be a wanderer wrote:Just googled dynamo Kiev in for N,gog 20th Feb 2013.They have a different transfer window they were offering £4 million but he didn't want to go.FACT.

Trust me, if anyone offered BWFC £4m for Ngog he would be gone.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not if he refused to sign. One of the problems signing for Russian teams is that their fans have still not got with the programme and a sizeable proportion are out and out racists.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

He had a good first half of the season, did he even score in any of burnleys last 10 games?

Every season the championship has a similar shit striker scoring a hatful, Glenn Murray was another this season, most of his goals were penalties.

Even ebanks Blake scores a few in this league, it just highlights how poor the championship is.

Let me clear a few things up for you Boggers.

Charlie was out of the last three games so that's why he didn't score in them. You could ask any Burnley fan on this planet why Charlie hasn't frequently scored in the second half of the season and they'll answer you 'Sean Dyche'.

In the first half of the season when Howe was manager we were playing open attacking football with little emphasis on defence. Dyche has been the complete opposite and has tried to make us hard to beat. That means that Trippier has been reigned in, Paterson has played out wide a lot and our natural wingers have been played on opposite wings to their natural foot and the centre midfielders have hardly got forward.

A goalscorer needs service.

Austin has scored plenty of goals at every level that he's played at, he scored 16 in his first season in the Championship last season.

I think that the Premier League will be too much for him but he'll score plenty of goals for whoever he plays for in this division.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

So basically, Copper, we should buy him? Smile

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd rather have Sordell than pay that for him (one season wonder).

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:I'd rather have Sordell than pay that for him (one season wonder).

31 goals in 54 games for Swindon.
41 goals in 82 games for Burnley.

When did we last have a striker who scored in better than every two games?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:I'd rather have Sordell than pay that for him (one season wonder).

31 goals in 54 games for Swindon.
41 goals in 82 games for Burnley.

When did we last have a striker who scored in better than every two games?

Klasnic, but he didn't run enough apparently .

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Keegan wrote:So basically, Copper, we should buy him? Smile

I've already stated on t'other thread that if your forward situation was different then you could easily get him for around the fee you paid for Ngog.

I believe that he'd like to get back down south though, when/if the opportunity presents itself.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:

I liked Klasnic but he only scored 20 goals in 77 games, a fraction under one every four games.

I think you lose this one.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:

I liked Klasnic but he only scored 20 goals in 77 games, a fraction under one every four games.

I think you lose this one.

Full games, or just getting 5 mins here or there to score goals ?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:

Full games, or just getting 5 mins here or there to score goals ?

I don't know to be honest. I'm not arguing that Klasnic was under used, but I believe a player like Austin would score shedloads at this level for virtually any team.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum