Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Charlie Austin in last year of his contract at Burnley

+7
Copper Dragon
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
Bernard Dennis Park
Natasha Whittam
Born to be a wanderer
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Rodriguez has been linked with Liverpool.

Copper Dragon wrote:Yes the smiley gave it away Keegan but this is a serious subject.

We could do with the brass. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

How do you think you would go on next season without him? Or is the reason you want to cash in because the new manager isn't playing the best system to accomodate him?

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I don't necessarily want to cash in on him, but if he doesn't want to sign a contract extension then we need to get him sold because we can't afford to be letting him walk away for nowt.

Unless he scores 60 plus goals between August and January then we aren't going to get any more for him than at this present time.

The best outcome would be for him to sign a year extension with a get out clause and if he has a good first half to the season then we can look at selling and maybe getting a bit more for him than we would now.

If he did go now and with Paterson looking like he's stalling and looking for a move then we'd need another (at least one) good forward. Vokes and Ings wouldn't get us enough goals.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As long as we insist on playing with a lone striker up front in many games, anyone would struggle. It's fine if the midfield get up there quick enough but running around chasing lost causes is not fair on any striker. The Huddersfield lad said Beckford needs a workhorse to do that and that's what Ngog does. If we are looking for a striker who could do a job on his own, Beckford isn't it. We'd need someone like Defoe for that and he's now out of our price range. Frankly I'm hoping that Dougie produces a genius out of thin air.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I spoke to a Burnley fan today at work, I said we're getting that Austin for £4million, he said double it and add a bit extra .

Put him on the overrated list Nat.

With a year left on his contact I doubt they could demand anywhere near that. Well they can demand what they want but they won't get it.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:With a year left on his contact I doubt they could demand anywhere near that. Well they can demand what they want but they won't get it.

Agree, with they won't get that.

Do you reckon we should go for him then or what?

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Copper Dragon wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:I don't rate austin

Were all his goals flukes?

He had a good first half of the season, did he even score in any of burnleys last 10 games?

Every season the championship has a similar shit striker scoring a hatful, Glenn Murray was another this season, most of his goals were penalties.

Even ebanks Blake scores a few in this league, it just highlights how poor the championship is.

Let me clear a few things up for you Boggers.

Charlie was out of the last three games so that's why he didn't score in them. You could ask any Burnley fan on this planet why Charlie hasn't frequently scored in the second half of the season and they'll answer you 'Sean Dyche'.

In the first half of the season when Howe was manager we were playing open attacking football with little emphasis on defence. Dyche has been the complete opposite and has tried to make us hard to beat. That means that Trippier has been reigned in, Paterson has played out wide a lot and our natural wingers have been played on opposite wings to their natural foot and the centre midfielders have hardly got forward.

A goalscorer needs service.

Austin has scored plenty of goals at every level that he's played at, he scored 16 in his first season in the Championship last season.

I think that the Premier League will be too much for him but he'll score plenty of goals for whoever he plays for in this division.
Copper your club needs to swallow it's pride, and ditch the Dyche, allowing Mr Coyle back through the door.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:
y2johnny wrote:With a year left on his contact I doubt they could demand anywhere near that. Well they can demand what they want but they won't get it.

No he's shit

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:

No he's shit

He's no Klasnic, so I don't see the point.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

MartinBWFC wrote:Copper your club needs to swallow it's pride, and ditch the Dyche, allowing Mr Coyle back through the door.

I think we need to give him this transfer window at least and see how we are doing come January next year.

As for Owhine Coil, not on my watch.

If Dyche was to be removed then I'd want who I wanted when Eddie Howe left, that is ex Burnley player Steve Davis (no not that one). He's got both a promotion and a cup win with Crewe Alex on his CV already.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:facepalm:

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Owhine Coil Laughing .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]