Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

£9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes?

+27
TheHateCamel
xmiles
Reebok_Rebel
Keegan
MartinBWFC
aaron_bwfc
Lbj
scottjames30
Hip Priest
ROGUEMANNY
NickFazer
Boggersbelief
Michael Bolton
wanderlust
Copper Dragon
doffcocker
Norpig
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
gloswhite
Jamster26
Sluffy
rammywhite
Natasha Whittam
JAH
Culcheth_White
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 11]

21£9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? - Page 2 Empty Re: £9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? Sun Jun 30 2013, 12:27

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

For £9 million you'd be able to get Dawson and Austin. lol! 

22£9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? - Page 2 Empty Re: £9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? Sun Jun 30 2013, 12:29

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Copper Dragon wrote:For £9 million you'd be able to get Dawson and Austin. lol! 
Charlie is the next target, If we fail to sign Rhodes. We might even part exchange Mears for him. Smile

23£9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? - Page 2 Empty Re: £9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? Sun Jun 30 2013, 12:32

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We've already got the best right back in the division, we don't need the second best right back. Very Happy 

24£9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? - Page 2 Empty Re: £9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? Sun Jun 30 2013, 12:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't imagine what the already disillusioned Rovers fans would make of it if this happened, but it wouldn't be a pretty sight.
More importantly though is the statement that the club are willing to lash out that kind of money - and as Copper rightly points out the amount equates to Dawson and Austin, so imagine what Dougie might be able to do with that at his disposal.
However, I suspect that the money would only be available if it was for Rhodes as he's still young and has a big career ahead of him so the deal would be viewed as much as an investment as a short-term solution.
Still if we could find the equivalent type of player in Africa or South America, surely Eddie would see his way clear to pulling out all the stops to get them?
I'm amazed at this story.

BTW just ready that Palace may have to pay £8.5 million for Dwight Gayle from Posh so when they read that Rhodes is possibly on the cards for a little more we can expect Holloway to go after him too.

Last edited by wanderlust on Sun Jun 30 2013, 12:46; edited 1 time in total

25£9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? - Page 2 Empty Re: £9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? Sun Jun 30 2013, 12:45

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bad finishing wasn't the problem last season. Ineffectual systems involving Kevin Davies were.
4-4-2, Davies and Ngog....awful. 4-5-1, Davies as lone striker...even worse.
Everything began to come together when we switched to 4-4-2 involving two of Ngog, Sordell and Craig Davies.
A £9m bid for Jordan Rhodes would in my opinion be lazy, unimaginative and a poor use of resources the club don't have.

26£9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? - Page 2 Empty Re: £9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? Sun Jun 30 2013, 12:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't believe people still comment on what Nixon and Iles say - they're a pair of crap journalists who put a hundred names out there in the hope that one will stick.

£9m. Ha ha, yeah right.

Lock the thread.

27£9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? - Page 2 Empty Re: £9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? Sun Jun 30 2013, 12:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Apparently there's an article in "The People" about us making a move for Rhodes. Story probably had some legs at some point, so whether or not we get him is less interesting than the fact that the club are even considering it.

28£9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? - Page 2 Empty Re: £9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? Sun Jun 30 2013, 13:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Amazes me that anyone would believe a story life this - have they not seen our balance sheet recently? Of course we're not going to spend £9m on one player - I bet we don't spend £9m over the next 3 years.

29£9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? - Page 2 Empty Re: £9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? Sun Jun 30 2013, 13:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Bad finishing wasn't the problem last season. Ineffectual systems involving Kevin Davies were.
4-4-2, Davies and Ngog....awful. 4-5-1, Davies as lone striker...even worse.
Everything began to come together when we switched to 4-4-2 involving two of Ngog, Sordell and Craig Davies.
A £9m bid for Jordan Rhodes would in my opinion be lazy, unimaginative and a poor use of resources the club don't have.

A defender is paramount for next season, we will be shambolic without Dawson.

But I disagree about the finishing - it costs us a lot of points. Ngog in particular wasted chance after chance.

While there's no merit in this story - I'd still rather start the season with a proven goalscorer than Ngog, Sordell or Davies.

30£9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? - Page 2 Empty Re: £9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? Sun Jun 30 2013, 13:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Amazes me that anyone would believe a story life this - have they not seen our balance sheet recently? Of course we're not going to spend £9m on one player - I bet we don't spend £9m over the next 3 years.

Most of us agree as we have debts. But in Rhodes' case it would be seen as an investment to try to get £120 million by getting back in the prem. It's a daft story but it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

31£9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? - Page 2 Empty Re: £9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? Sun Jun 30 2013, 13:35

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

With good investment we will be back in the riches of the Premier League.

32£9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? - Page 2 Empty Re: £9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? Sun Jun 30 2013, 13:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:With good investment we will be back in the riches of the Premier League.

It'll need a change at the very top before we start making good investments.

33£9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? - Page 2 Empty Re: £9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? Sun Jun 30 2013, 13:51

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

From some responses to the story on another board, it seems a lot of fans are still under the impression the debt isn't a problem because it's all owed to that nice Eddie Davies.

34£9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? - Page 2 Empty Re: £9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? Sun Jun 30 2013, 13:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:From some responses to the story on another board, it seems a lot of fans are still under the impression the debt isn't a problem because it's all owed to that nice Eddie Davies.

Idiots! He didn't make his fortune by giving away £9m to a company that already owes him £135m.

35£9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? - Page 2 Empty Re: £9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? Sun Jun 30 2013, 13:59

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"Made up to sell season tickets."

Who the fuck would read a story like this and buy a season ticket?

even if it was true wouldn't they wait until he actually signed.

never understood that nonsense line.

36£9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? - Page 2 Empty Re: £9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? Sun Jun 30 2013, 14:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:"Made up to sell season tickets."

Who the fuck would read a story like this and buy a season ticket?

even if it was true wouldn't they wait until he actually signed.

never understood that nonsense line.

To make sure they get a seat. If they wait until he signs they may be at the back of the queue.

37£9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? - Page 2 Empty Re: £9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? Sun Jun 30 2013, 14:09

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laughing 

38£9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? - Page 2 Empty Re: £9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? Sun Jun 30 2013, 15:08

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I can't believe for one moment that we would spend £9m on a striker whilst we are in the Championship. I also wouldn't pay £9m for a striker who has never even played in the Premiership. 
I don't think we need to spend silly money on a striker. With N'gog, Beckford, Craig David and Sordell we have as good a 4 strikers as we did when we had Blake, Gunnlaugson, Gudjohnson and Holdsworth.

39£9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? - Page 2 Empty Re: £9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? Sun Jun 30 2013, 15:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote: With N'gog, Beckford, Craig David and Sordell we have as good a 4 strikers as we did when we had Blake, Gunnlaugson, Gudjohnson and Holdsworth.

Very Happy 

40£9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? - Page 2 Empty Re: £9 million bid for Jordan Rhodes? Sun Jun 30 2013, 15:16

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You're all missing the Trent sainsbury story. Hopefully we can bring him in, not too fussed if we don't get Rhodes or Austin.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum