Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wise Words

+3
xmiles
rammywhite
Angry Dad
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Wise Words Empty Wise Words Sat Jul 06 2013, 19:38

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

What are the wisest words ever told to you by anyone? mine i think were by my old man, he said when i was 14 if you ever bring woman trouble home i'll fuckin kill yers ,in irish. Smile True but seriously he said to me if you ever get someone cornered and they want a way out peacefully give it to them or it could blow up in your face, i knew what he was saying and it was good advice.

2Wise Words Empty Re: Wise Words Sun Jul 07 2013, 09:37

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

My first boss at a large accounting firm where I worked told me ,in quite agricultural terms , never to shag on the payroll. In other words don't be doing the naughty stuff with anyone who works in the same place as you.
Thirty years later  it's still good advice. I see people having it off who work in the same place- and it just causes nightmares. My immediate boss is screwing one of the female staff- and  all it's doing is causing problems

3Wise Words Empty Re: Wise Words Sun Jul 07 2013, 12:02

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Not exactly wise words spoken to me but I have learned over the years that you more often regret not doing something than you regret doing something.

But then I am naturally cautious.

4Wise Words Empty Re: Wise Words Sun Jul 07 2013, 12:04

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't upset people on the way up.

Because you'll never know if you'll pass them on your way back down.

5Wise Words Empty Re: Wise Words Sun Jul 07 2013, 19:59

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

xmiles wrote:Not exactly wise words spoken to me but I have learned over the years that you more often regret not doing something than you regret doing something.

But then I am naturally cautious.

Good one x i have plenty of those.

6Wise Words Empty Re: Wise Words Sun Jul 07 2013, 20:16

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I love reading quotes and one of the best I ever read was from one of my favourite actors when I was a kid.

" One of the good things about getting older is you find you're more more interesting than most of the people you meet "

7Wise Words Empty Re: Wise Words Sun Jul 07 2013, 21:15

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts"

Don Draper.

8Wise Words Empty Re: Wise Words Sun Jul 07 2013, 22:09

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Here's one I was told by someone in the pub - "Never shit on your own doorstep".

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum