Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Beckford and thats yer lot!

+7
wessy
Culcheth_White
Jamster26
wanderlust
Reebok_Rebel
Boggersbelief
Triumph
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Beckford and thats yer lot! Empty Beckford and thats yer lot! Mon Jul 15 2013, 14:52

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
A little disappointed in that news.

2Beckford and thats yer lot! Empty Re: Beckford and thats yer lot! Mon Jul 15 2013, 15:06

He says 'one more at least' I don't think this means much.

Glad to hear Beckford's done though.

3Beckford and thats yer lot! Empty Re: Beckford and thats yer lot! Mon Jul 15 2013, 15:11

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

bwfc1874 wrote:He says 'one more at least' I don't think this means much.

The one more is Beckford.

4Beckford and thats yer lot! Empty Re: Beckford and thats yer lot! Mon Jul 15 2013, 15:14

Triumph wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:He says 'one more at least' I don't think this means much.

The one more is Beckford.

'At least' Triumph, meaning there could be more.

5Beckford and thats yer lot! Empty Re: Beckford and thats yer lot! Mon Jul 15 2013, 15:20

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wouldn't read too much into that

6Beckford and thats yer lot! Empty Re: Beckford and thats yer lot! Mon Jul 15 2013, 15:41

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Beckford will be the lot.

The beckford Saga dragged on forever because the tight twat realized he could save a few bob, took a huge risk on this not backfiring on us and now saying that's our lot...

Start of the window - he says money is available...

Towards end of window... we spend fuck all. Thats the Gartside Way. I mean, the less money belonging to the club HE spends ... the bigger his EOY dividend/Bonus will be.

I've always said, this club would do a lot better without that tight-wad in charge.

7Beckford and thats yer lot! Empty Re: Beckford and thats yer lot! Mon Jul 15 2013, 15:50

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Beckford will be the lot.

The beckford Saga dragged on forever because the tight twat realized he could save a few bob, took a huge risk on this not backfiring on us and now saying that's our lot...

Towards end of window... we spend fuck all. Thats the Gartside Way. I mean, the less money belonging to the club HE spends ... the bigger his EOY dividend/Bonus will be.

I've always said, this club would do a lot better without that tight-wad in charge.

Lets face it Rebel, you always predict worse case scenario and you're yet to be proved right on anything I can remember, I'd be surprised if the club isn't looking at other targets.

The Beckford transfer was a small risk, and obviously a calculated one which has saved the club a transfer fee. Fair play to Gartside and the board for doing it, the less money we have to spend the better.

You do understand that it isn't Gartside's money the club spends? If the money isn't available he can't give it to Dougie to spend, so whether or not he's a tight wad is irrelevant because it's Eddie who funds us. Hate to put a whole in your Gartside dividend conspiracy theory though (Utter drivel).

Anyway that 'tight-wad' has got us £130 million in debt, so I'd hate to see what would happen if he was a free spender

8Beckford and thats yer lot! Empty Re: Beckford and thats yer lot! Mon Jul 15 2013, 16:05

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:Beckford will be the lot.

Lets face it Rebel, you always predict worse case scenario and you're yet to be proved right on anything I can remember, I'd be surprised if the club isn't looking at other targets.

The Beckford transfer was a small risk, and obviously a calculated one which has saved the club a transfer fee. Fair play to Gartside and the board for doing it, the less money we have to spend the better.

You do understand that it isn't Gartside's money the club spends? If the money isn't available he can't give it to Dougie to spend, so whether or not he's a tight wad is irrelevant because it's Eddie who funds us. Hate to put a whole in your Gartside dividend conspiracy theory though (Utter drivel).

Anyway that 'tight-wad' has got us £130 million in debt, so I'd hate to see what would happen if he was a free spender

I didn't say it was gartsides money did I? Its obvious the money was available to spend, otherwise the bid wouldn't have been made in the first place.

Would you have been saying the same about this 'small risk' HAD it backfired on us?

Yes - Tight wad has caused £130M of debt... I cant help but feel if he hadn't been such a tight wad by trying to keep hold of the cash in the first place we may not be... think about it. For example - Gary Cahill, valued at £20M - we let his contract run down and we got peanuts for him, If we had signed him to a new deal, we would have got a lot more.

Elmander - we could have recouped some, if not all of his wages had we stuck a years extension on his contract earlier - instead we waited till he had about 8 mins on it before offering him a deal - he walked on a free.

Same will happen to Stuart Holden and Lee as well, they will bugger off on free's meaning we recouped nothing.

I know im going back a while here, but if Big Sam would have got the money he asked for the season he left, the club may have been in a much better position financially due to (possibly) playing regularly in Europe and even having a champions league run - Even Big Sam himself stated that Gartside told him he cant have the money as "we don't want to qualify for the champions league"

Part of the reason we are in so much shit financially now, is due to the fact gartside refuses to allow the club to spend any money whatsoever - its pretty common Knowledge that gartside did not want to sign Anelka - Big Sam went to Uncle Eddie and got the money himself to finance that, the only other 'big spending' we have done was for Elmander - im pretty sure Gartside wouldn't have sanctioned that amount of money being spent either.

We are in this shit now due to the short-shortsightedness of Gartside and his refusal to invest money in playing staff that would actually take us places, have some sell on value or caused us to finish higher in the league.

Scraping the bottom of the barrel is not always the way forward im afraid.

Last edited by Reebok_Rebel on Mon Jul 15 2013, 16:07; edited 1 time in total

9Beckford and thats yer lot! Empty Re: Beckford and thats yer lot! Mon Jul 15 2013, 16:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think a bit of expectation management is overdue, but have to admit I'm the first one to be optimistic in this transfer window.
Perhaps it's better to assume that's our lot i.e. no Spearing or Rhodes (certainly not both) and you never know - they may yet surprise us.

10Beckford and thats yer lot! Empty Re: Beckford and thats yer lot! Mon Jul 15 2013, 16:06

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nixon has me worried, I can't remember exactly what was said between him and a bwfc fan but he seemed to suggest that was promised funds, and if that promise isn't kept then Dougie would not be happy. 

I have a horrible feeling he'll fall out with gartside and resign

11Beckford and thats yer lot! Empty Re: Beckford and thats yer lot! Mon Jul 15 2013, 16:07

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

We still need cover at left back. That's a must really.

12Beckford and thats yer lot! Empty Re: Beckford and thats yer lot! Mon Jul 15 2013, 16:11

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I thought the transfer window closed on 31ST August? What's all the panic for? Gartside hasn't said that noboby else will be signing, up until the deadline.

The chairman told BBC Radio Manchester earlier today that a signing was imminent, and likely to be the last before the season opener against Burnley at Turf Moor on August 3.
“We have got one more at least, who we will announce very shortly, then it is a case of settling down and see where we go for the first few weeks of the season,” he said. 

13Beckford and thats yer lot! Empty Re: Beckford and thats yer lot! Mon Jul 15 2013, 16:13

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Boggersbelief wrote:Nixon has me worried, I can't remember exactly what was said between him and a bwfc fan but he seemed to suggest that was promised funds, and if that promise isn't kept then Dougie would not be happy. 

I have a horrible feeling he'll fall out with gartside and resign

Dont you know how to run a football club?

Spend fuck all, scrape barrels during transfer windows, put in stupidly low bids for 'big names' that will be refused - then give the 'we wont be held to ransom' speech, get a massive bonus, retire with a private yacht, a mansion in the Maldives, a mansion in Cheshire, 2 Swiss bank accounts (2 because there was not enough space in one of them Wink ) and a club that is in so much debt its never going to leave league 2...

14Beckford and thats yer lot! Empty Re: Beckford and thats yer lot! Mon Jul 15 2013, 16:13

I really don't think that will be it, 

'We have got one more at least, who we will announce very shortly, then it is a case of settling down and see where we go for the first few weeks of the season,'

I agree with Wanderlust and think it's just a bit of expectation management.

Hypothetically though, say that we are done what would your team be for Burnley?

I'd like to see

Bogdan

Baptiste Ream Wheater Tierney

Holden  Medo

Hall            Eagles             Lee

Beckford

Ream and Wheater because they looked decent together in the prem, and I'd like to see what they can do. Pretty certain Knight will start though unfortunately. If we need a goal pull off the worst of Eagles Hall and Lee and put N'gog on.

15Beckford and thats yer lot! Empty Re: Beckford and thats yer lot! Mon Jul 15 2013, 17:59

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Gartside short sighted ? He offered Big Sam a 10 year deal does that not count  Rebel? Visionary maybe, he presided over our best ever period in the clubs history, took us into the promised land into Europe you only dwell on the negative end to a spell that would end who ever was in charge.

On the whole his tenure as been one of success, Not to mention the move to the Reebok (Hargreaves initially) but no lets just hurl expleatives at the screen that should work.

16Beckford and thats yer lot! Empty Re: Beckford and thats yer lot! Mon Jul 15 2013, 18:25

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Surprise signing expected tomorrow according to Nixon.

17Beckford and thats yer lot! Empty Re: Beckford and thats yer lot! Mon Jul 15 2013, 18:51

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Boggersbelief wrote:Surprise signing expected tomorrow according to Nixon.
SKD on loan.

18Beckford and thats yer lot! Empty Re: Beckford and thats yer lot! Mon Jul 15 2013, 19:03

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Surprise singing more like.

19Beckford and thats yer lot! Empty Re: Beckford and thats yer lot! Mon Jul 15 2013, 19:09

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
I didn't say it was gartsides money did I? Its obvious the money was available to spend, otherwise the bid wouldn't have been made in the first place.

Would you have been saying the same about this 'small risk' HAD it backfired on us?

Yes - Tight wad has caused £130M of debt... I cant help but feel if he hadn't been such a tight wad by trying to keep hold of the cash in the first place we may not be... think about it. For example - Gary Cahill, valued at £20M - we let his contract run down and we got peanuts for him, If we had signed him to a new deal, we would have got a lot more.

Elmander - we could have recouped some, if not all of his wages had we stuck a years extension on his contract earlier - instead we waited till he had about 8 mins on it before offering him a deal - he walked on a free.

Same will happen to Stuart Holden and Lee as well, they will bugger off on free's meaning we recouped nothing.

I know im going back a while here, but if Big Sam would have got the money he asked for the season he left, the club may have been in a much better position financially due to (possibly) playing regularly in Europe and even having a champions league run - Even Big Sam himself stated that Gartside told him he cant have the money as "we don't want to qualify for the champions league"

Part of the reason we are in so much shit financially now, is due to the fact gartside refuses to allow the club to spend any money whatsoever - its pretty common Knowledge that gartside did not want to sign Anelka - Big Sam went to Uncle Eddie and got the money himself to finance that, the only other 'big spending' we have done was for Elmander - im pretty sure Gartside wouldn't have sanctioned that amount of money being spent either.

We are in this shit now due to the short-shortsightedness of Gartside and his refusal to invest money in playing staff that would actually take us places, have some sell on value or caused us to finish higher in the league.

Scraping the bottom of the barrel is not always the way forward im afraid.

As you know it's not Gartsides money, how can you call him a tightwad??

Sorry but the rest of your examples are nonsense.

Cahill was never going to fetch £20 million, there wasn't enough actual interest in him, despite what the paper's said. His contract wasn't allowed to run down either, he didn't want to sign a new one because he knew he could move on, like Ben Haim did and countless other players who want to leave mid table for top 4 it's obvious enough.

Elmander was shit, nobody (including you) would have cared if he'd left had he not had that purple patch during which time he was offered a new contract. You're talking rubbish again there.

Unless we make the premier league you're right about Holden and Lee. But you can't blame that on Gartside, Lee was given a new contract not long ago, Holden at the end of this season what more do you want?

Please find me this quote, 

Gartside told him he cant have the money as "we don't want to qualify for the champions league" 

And wherever it says Gartside didn't want Anelka, because I'm pretty sure that's all a load of rubbish, certainly not common knowledge. Gartside didn't want to break the bank to try and get champions league, understandably.

'Scraping the bottom of the barrel' as you call it may not excite you but it's a sensible way to run a football club, ie not like Leeds and Pompey. It's also how we managed to get into Europe and to a League cup final, we barely spent a penny on transfers until Anelka arrived.

If the money's not there it can't be spent, it's hardly a difficult thing to understand.

20Beckford and thats yer lot! Empty Re: Beckford and thats yer lot! Mon Jul 15 2013, 19:20

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Boggersbelief wrote:Surprise signing expected tomorrow according to Nixon.

bullshit, hes got fuck all right so far.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum