Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will Beckford come good ?

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Will Beckford come good ? Empty Will Beckford come good ? Thu Oct 10 2013, 19:49

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I remember him at Leeds, he did a good job there, scoring that goal at Old Trafford to knock UTD out of the cup.

He has some pace, and tbh could've scored more for us, but now he's broke his duck, will he be banging goals in for fun.

I just think there is something in him that can bang a-few goals in for us this season, lets hope it starts against SW .

2Will Beckford come good ? Empty Re: Will Beckford come good ? Thu Oct 10 2013, 19:50

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hope so - I foolishly put £20 on him being the Championship top scorer at the start of the season (20-1)

3Will Beckford come good ? Empty Re: Will Beckford come good ? Thu Oct 10 2013, 19:59

I thought he did very well at Birmingham considering the limited service he got I don't remember him giving the ball away much, he put himself about a bit, showed good pace and a decent finish for his goal. I think one of the main problems with our strikers is too often they have to receive the ball with their back to goal, if we can get more balls in behind for him to run onto he won't be short of chances.  

Can't see him breaking 20 goals but 12-15 would be a decent return after his slow start.

4Will Beckford come good ? Empty Re: Will Beckford come good ? Thu Oct 10 2013, 20:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think anyone will be banging the goals in while Dougie plays Mr Cautious.

5Will Beckford come good ? Empty Re: Will Beckford come good ? Thu Oct 10 2013, 20:06

He does need to correct the balance and make us more of a threat going forward, but is it any wonder he's put a focus on the defence after the shambles we saw at Blackburn and Forest? When you're losing games the first priority is to tighten up - something we all hammered Coyle for ignoring. 

The coming months will be important in seeing if we can start scoring enough to put a good run together, I think it's obvious where we can start and that's to replace Pratley with another winger. Feeney tracked back very well against Birmingham, if one of the others can take a note out of his book there's no reason to continue with Pratley in the team.

6Will Beckford come good ? Empty Re: Will Beckford come good ? Thu Oct 10 2013, 21:28

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

7Will Beckford come good ? Empty Re: Will Beckford come good ? Thu Oct 10 2013, 21:36

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Top man. He'll double his tally against the Owls.

8Will Beckford come good ? Empty Re: Will Beckford come good ? Fri Oct 11 2013, 11:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He still has a bit of pace but he isn't lightning fast - he was nearly caught against Brum despite a head start. His shooting needs to improve too - even the goal was scuffed. But, he's been getting chances and if he can find his shooting boots he may come good - but I'm not convinced just yet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum