Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Open

+3
Reebok Trotter
aaron_bwfc
Sluffy
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

21The Open - Page 2 Empty Re: The Open Thu Jul 18 2013, 20:55

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

aaron_bwfc wrote:Anyone been watching the opening day?

Can't see Rory making the cut for the weekend at 8+.

My tip to win Mickelson seems to be going well at -2 with Woods.

Jesus, is he on +8? What has happened to him? He's been shit since dating Wozniaki. They don't seem right as a couple for some reason to me. I bet Nike are scratching their heads after giving him that amazing contract to use their gear.

22The Open - Page 2 Empty Re: The Open Thu Jul 18 2013, 20:59

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Some are blaming his new set of Nike clubs on his downfall. Personally I just think he got to number one in the world, won the US open and took his eye of the ball, hence why now his game has gone to pieces.

Will be interesting to see if and when he gets back to his best.

23The Open - Page 2 Empty Re: The Open Thu Jul 18 2013, 20:59

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Rory had a stinker. I wonder if the criticism from Faldo has got under his skin? Shiv Kapur, the Asian Sensation, had a good round, as did Mark O' Meara at 56 years of age.

24The Open - Page 2 Empty Re: The Open Sat Jul 20 2013, 10:07

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:I'd stay well away from Westwood if you're having a few quid on anyone RT, he is and always be the nearly man IMO, good player but his short game is poor.

Westwood seems to have found his form with the putter at the right time. Tied at 2 under with Tiger they are both in the hunt with Jiminez, the swashbuckling Spaniard.

Spiv Kapur, the Asian Sedation had a bad 2nd round .

The golfers who go out early this morning will have the best chance of making par and under on the greens. The greens are like glass by late afternoon.

25The Open - Page 2 Empty Re: The Open Sat Jul 20 2013, 11:58

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Take my hat off to Westy, he has but some work into his game and seems to be paying off.

Looking forward to seeing him and Woods go out today, though I do like Jiminez, he is a cool bastard.

26The Open - Page 2 Empty Re: The Open Sat Jul 20 2013, 12:05

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:Take my hat off to Westy, he has but some work into his game and seems to be paying off.

Looking forward to seeing him and Woods go out today, though I do like Jiminez, he is a cool bastard.

Jiminez is a throwback. He is 49 years old, smokes cigars and has a pot belly, and looks nothing like a professional sportsman but boy can he play golf.

Today is a massive day for Westwood, Woods and Jiminez. Because they are teeing off so late the greens will be unforgiving. If any of them can finish on par today then they will be in a good position going into the last day tomorrow.

27The Open - Page 2 Empty Re: The Open Sat Jul 20 2013, 12:19

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

You can never rule Woods out but as you say anyone who is on 1/2 under at the moment and shoots a par will be in pole position for tomorrow.

28The Open - Page 2 Empty Re: The Open Sat Jul 20 2013, 12:31

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hope it's Westwood. He is 40 now and has been knocking on the door for years. Ian Baker-Finch, the Aussie, who won the Open a few years is mentoring him and it seems to be working.

29The Open - Page 2 Empty Re: The Open Sat Jul 20 2013, 12:36

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jiminez, Woods and Westwood don't tee off till after 3pm. It will be interesting to see what the Leaderboard looks like at that time.

30The Open - Page 2 Empty Re: The Open Sat Jul 20 2013, 12:41

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Reebok Trotter wrote:I hope it's Westwood. He is 40 now and has been knocking on the door for years. Ian Baker-Finch, the Aussie, who won the Open a few years is mentoring him and it seems to be working.  

Think mentoring is going a bit far RT,he gave him a tip on how to relax his arms and hands in his putting stroke,that seems to be working,as he has holed a few he would normally miss !

31The Open - Page 2 Empty Re: The Open Sat Jul 20 2013, 14:15

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tigermin wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:I hope it's Westwood. He is 40 now and has been knocking on the door for years. Ian Baker-Finch, the Aussie, who won the Open a few years is mentoring him and it seems to be working.  

Think mentoring is going a bit far RT,he gave him a tip on how to relax his arms and hands in his putting stroke,that seems to be working,as he has holed a few he would normally miss !

You are probably right. I'm only going off what the commentators have said. I wouldn't have thought Westy would need any help when it comes to playing golf.

32The Open - Page 2 Empty Re: The Open Sat Jul 20 2013, 18:00

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Westy and Woods on top at the moment, it's very tight though with a number of others on -1 and even.

33The Open - Page 2 Empty Re: The Open Sat Jul 20 2013, 18:15

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It shows how difficult playing conditions are when so few players are actually under par.

34The Open - Page 2 Empty Re: The Open Sat Jul 20 2013, 19:08

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Only 3 under par at the moment, West has a 2 shot lead over woods.

Tomorrow is going to be very interesting indeed, think I will have a flutter tonight on who will win.

35The Open - Page 2 Empty Re: The Open Sat Jul 20 2013, 19:43

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The putt from Westwood on the 16th for bogey and the putt on 17th for birdie were two brilliant strokes.

Westwood tees off last tomorrow with Hunter Mahan so he is in a perfect position to see what he needs to do. I think a par round will be enough to win it.

Jimenez had a bad day as did the Asian Creation, Yom Kapur.

36The Open - Page 2 Empty Re: The Open Sat Jul 20 2013, 20:15

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Lee Westwood -3
Hunter Mahan -1

Tiger Woods -1
Adam Scott Par

Henrik Stenson +1
Angel Cabrera +1

Ryan Moore +1
Zach Johnson +1

Phil Mickelson +2
Francesco Molinari +2

Woods and Scott should be a interesting pair up.

37The Open - Page 2 Empty Re: The Open Sat Jul 20 2013, 20:17

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

One of my bets was £1 E/W on Scott at 25/1. Westwood is in an amazing position but it depends how he handles the pressure. So many golfers go into the final day with a clear lead and end up miles down the field come the end of the tournament. It would be nice to see Westwood win.

38The Open - Page 2 Empty Re: The Open Sat Jul 20 2013, 20:22

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I've just had a £1 on Westwood, Mickelson and Adam Scott - £31 return if it comes up.

39The Open - Page 2 Empty Re: The Open Sat Jul 20 2013, 20:23

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Michael Bolton wrote:One of my bets was £1 E/W on Scott at 25/1. Westwood is in an amazing position but it depends how he handles the pressure. So many golfers go into the final day with a clear lead and end up miles down the field come the end of the tournament. It would be nice to see Westwood win.

Good bet on Scott, he was very close to winning the comp last year so you never know.

40The Open - Page 2 Empty Re: The Open Sat Jul 20 2013, 20:26

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

aaron_bwfc wrote:
Michael Bolton wrote:One of my bets was £1 E/W on Scott at 25/1. Westwood is in an amazing position but it depends how he handles the pressure. So many golfers go into the final day with a clear lead and end up miles down the field come the end of the tournament. It would be nice to see Westwood win.

Good bet on Scott, he was very close to winning the comp last year so you never know.

Thanks. Well I had Jason Day, Mark Leishmann and Bill Haas too, I guess one had to do something. It does make it more exciting to watch when you have a bet on it! Good luck with yours too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum