Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Open

+3
Reebok Trotter
aaron_bwfc
Sluffy
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41The Open - Page 3 Empty Re: The Open Sat Jul 20 2013, 22:45

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Westwood has just hit 40. He has had umpteen top ten finishes in the Majors but never quite got there. He is now in the driving seat going into the last day. Playing last, he knows he has the advantage of knowing how the other players are doing. I said at the start of this post that he was due a Major win and his performance today playing against Tiger Woods pretty much confirmed that he has the game to win one of the big ones.
He took two shots off Tiger today and the beauty of Muirfield is that Gung Ho Cavalier golf ends up in the shitter.

I reckon Westwood will eke it out the same way as Faldo did when he won at St Andrews. 18 pars.

42The Open - Page 3 Empty Re: The Open Sun Jul 21 2013, 13:54

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Woodsy and Scott just about to tee off, Tigers old caddy is on Scotts bag so that might be a bit interesting viewing.

43The Open - Page 3 Empty Re: The Open Sun Jul 21 2013, 14:15

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I hope Westwood wins, but I reckon he'll bottle it. This should be an interesting final day.

44The Open - Page 3 Empty Re: The Open Sun Jul 21 2013, 15:53

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Westwood about to drop at least one shot - Woods makes a birdy on the 6th.

Poulter has really made a late surge.

45The Open - Page 3 Empty Re: The Open Sun Jul 21 2013, 16:11

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Poulter has finished one over for the comp. It could be enough but I am expecting Westwood to dig deep.

46The Open - Page 3 Empty Re: The Open Sun Jul 21 2013, 16:13

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

This final round could easily go to a playoff. Let's see if Westwood can prove me wrong.

47The Open - Page 3 Empty Re: The Open Sun Jul 21 2013, 16:31

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'm very happy with how things stand, if it stays like this I stand to coup £31 - Westy, Scott and Mickelson top 3. Very Happy 

48The Open - Page 3 Empty Re: The Open Sun Jul 21 2013, 17:17

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

aaron_bwfc wrote:I'm very happy with how things stand, if it stays like this I stand to coup £31 - Westy, Scott and Mickelson top 3. Very Happy 

Scott has gone to pieces again at the end : (
He was in the lead not long ago and now is struggling to make the top 6. 
Phil has won it now, he held his nerve well today, a 66 on the final day is unreal. 

Shame for Westwood, he just hasn't been at it today. Will he ever have a better chance?

49The Open - Page 3 Empty Re: The Open Sun Jul 21 2013, 17:42

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Westwood and Scott have fallen sadly.

Big phil has brought me back £20 so it's not all bad.

Unlucky for Westwood, yet again he is the nearly man.

50The Open - Page 3 Empty Re: The Open Sun Jul 21 2013, 17:53

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

aaron_bwfc wrote:Westwood and Scott have fallen sadly.

Big phil has brought me back £20 so it's not all bad.

Unlucky for Westwood, yet again he is the nearly man.

That was a good bet on Phil, you always know you will get a run for your money backing Phil.
You may have won your other bet too with Scott getting a birdie on the last, tying for third. 
At least I got £7ish back from Scott.

How must that feel for Phil - a £1m cheque. God, not bad for 4 days just playing a bit of golf.

51The Open - Page 3 Empty Re: The Open Sun Jul 21 2013, 17:57

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Oh - I just realised Stenson finished 2nd.

52The Open - Page 3 Empty Re: The Open Sun Jul 21 2013, 18:06

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Westwood doesn't have the mental strength to win a major imo. Phil Mickleson is a worthy winner and he's a very likeable fellow as well.

53The Open - Page 3 Empty Re: The Open Sun Jul 21 2013, 18:07

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I think I made a cock up when I bet last night, I had each of them to win.

You were very unlucky on Scott not winning to be honest, after last year and when he was leading I had a feeling it could be his year.

54The Open - Page 3 Empty Re: The Open Sun Jul 21 2013, 19:58

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

aaron_bwfc wrote:I think I made a cock up when I bet last night, I had each of them to win.

You were very unlucky on Scott not winning to be honest, after last year and when he was leading I had a feeling it could be his year.

Well I guess you still won on Phil right? 
Yes Scott was looking very good after 4 birdies in 5 holes but he went to pieces again once he was in the lead. You could see from his shots that he was struggling to hit the ball cleanly, he was hooking it left, hitting it short, etc. Still never mind.

55The Open - Page 3 Empty Re: The Open Sun Jul 21 2013, 20:03

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mickleson played an exceptional back nine in those conditions. Four birdies on the last six holes to shoot a 66 was phenomenal. He was the only player to shoot under par so fair play to him. Westwood will be back.

56The Open - Page 3 Empty Re: The Open Sun Jul 21 2013, 20:32

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Michael Bolton wrote:
aaron_bwfc wrote:I think I made a cock up when I bet last night, I had each of them to win.

Well I guess you still won on Phil right? 
Yes Scott was looking very good after 4 birdies in 5 holes but he went to pieces again once he was in the lead. You could see from his shots that he was struggling to hit the ball cleanly, he was hooking it left, hitting it short, etc. Still never mind.

I sure did michael, £21 back and will be going towards either the new home shirt or the away shirt.

I find it unbelievable that Woods has never won a single major when he has been behind on the last day.

57The Open - Page 3 Empty Re: The Open Sun Jul 21 2013, 21:03

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Woods hasn't won a Major since 2008.

58The Open - Page 3 Empty Re: The Open Sun Jul 21 2013, 21:51

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Reebok Trotter wrote:Mickleson played an exceptional back nine in those conditions. Four birdies on the last six holes to shoot a 66 was phenomenal. He was the only player to shoot under par so fair play to him. Westwood will be back.

:agree:

59The Open - Page 3 Empty Re: The Open Mon Jul 22 2013, 11:04

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My biggest gripe about the Open this year was Tiger Woods. Every time the cameras panned on him he was bloody spitting. It's a bloody disgusting habit and it's about time Nike and his other sponsors had a quiet word with him about it.

60The Open - Page 3 Empty Re: The Open Mon Jul 22 2013, 17:38

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Reebok Trotter wrote:My biggest gripe about the Open this year was Tiger Woods. Every time the cameras panned on him he was bloody spitting. It's a bloody disgusting habit and it's about time Nike and his other sponsors had a quiet word with him about it.

Yes I thought that, what is a man in his 30s doing spitting? I don't even know why footballers have to spit, but a golfer who is walking about?
He makes himself look such an idiot with no class. Can you imagine Phil Mickelson or Darren Clarke spitting?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum