Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is it wrong to have a glass of white wine before an interview?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I had an interview last week and I was pretty nervous, just having three people focusing on me and having to come up with answers on the spot whilst being anxious is really hard. A couple of times I really sort of froze and couldn't think because of the pressure. I did pretty shit in the interview and never got it.

Back in my university days I used to get absolutely shit faced before presentations and I often got some of the highest marks on my course. I am absolutely different class after a drink to take the edge away. But on an interview sat very close it is a bit of a worry if they can smell alcohol on your breath (although I usually have a good swig of mouthwash).

Do you think after mouthwash I would get away with a glass of white wine to take the edge away or do you think it is a bad idea?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:I had an interview last week and I was pretty nervous, just having three people focusing on me and having to come up with answers on the spot whilst being anxious is really hard. A couple of times I really sort of froze and couldn't think because of the pressure. I did pretty shit in the interview and never got it.

Back in my university days I used to get absolutely shit faced before presentations and I often got some of the highest marks on my course. I am absolutely different class after a drink to take the edge away. But on an interview sat very close it is a bit of a worry if they can smell alcohol on your breath (although I usually have a good swig of mouthwash).

Do you think after mouthwash I would get away with a glass of white wine to take the edge away or do you think it is a bad idea?
Was this a benefits interview? Surely they just took one look at you and realised you were too big boned to work?

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Michael Bolton wrote:I had an interview last week and I was pretty nervous, just having three people focusing on me and having to come up with answers on the spot whilst being anxious is really hard. A couple of times I really sort of froze and couldn't think because of the pressure. I did pretty shit in the interview and never got it.

Was this a benefits interview? Surely they just took one look at you and realised you were too big boned to work?
You're in a sarcastic mood today.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You had a glass of wine, and then what? As Ricky Roma would say.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Not a good idea it will smell, a 10mg diazepam would do the trick.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Angry Dad wrote:Not a good idea it will smell, a 10mg diazepam would do the trick.
Not with a load of mouthwash afterwards. Diazepam just makes one fall asleep.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Michael Bolton wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:Not a good idea it will smell, a 10mg diazepam would do the trick.
Not with a load of mouthwash afterwards. Diazepam just makes one fall asleep.
Doesn't do that to me sometimes i get super hyped up and a 10 brings me right where i need to be only occasionally that happens and i can lose it big so i have an understanding doc who keeps me supplied for emergencies. A big fat one like scott uses would fuck me up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum