Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-2 Derby

+25
Sluffy
terenceanne
BoltonTillIDie
Triumph
Jingizu99
Keegan
CAMPO
chipbutty
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
gloswhite
Barryjw
wanderlust
rammywhite
Boggersbelief
Tigermin
karlypants
Michael Bolton
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
Culcheth_White
Whitesince63
doffcocker
scottjames30
MartinBWFC
29 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Bolton 2-2 Derby Empty Bolton 2-2 Derby Sat Sep 14 2013, 19:29

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

What are your thoughts after yet another shocking result? I reckon we'll ell and truly turned over again< and will keep on getting turned over until Freedman learns that attack is the best form of defence.

2Bolton 2-2 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Derby Sat Sep 14 2013, 19:31

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton 1-3 Derby.

We need someone to come in like the Venky's to sort this mess out.

3Bolton 2-2 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Derby Sat Sep 14 2013, 19:39

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Coyle never learnt from his mistakes and so didn't alter his selections accordingly.

Dougie obviously knows he's doing something wrong but is making changes mindlessly. One week it's 4-2-1-2-1, next it's 4-1-2-1-2, then it's 4-3-2-1. It's just bollocks. The main thing he has to change and won't is the mentality. To score goals, you've gotta fight for the ball, and run with it. You can't win matches without that urgency. He has to change that. And stick to a straightforward formation...called 4-4-2.

Bolton 1 - 1 Derby.

4Bolton 2-2 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Derby Sat Sep 14 2013, 19:55

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Fancy being the next manager then Doffy??

5Bolton 2-2 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Derby Sat Sep 14 2013, 20:04

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think Dougie needs to stop trying to play players into his prefered formation, that aren't either good enough, or are just simply not suited to the system.

We should just play a basic 4-4-2 formation, until Dougie has finally got rid of the dead wood and he's brought in his own players to suit his prefered system.

I would like to see Rob Hall and Moritz given a game on Tuesday, as Chungy is a liability at the moment and we need somebody like Moritz, who should provide a killer ball for our non firing strikers! Rolling Eyes

6Bolton 2-2 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Derby Sat Sep 14 2013, 20:23

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I was about to post we might walk away with a point but after seeing the Millwall - Derby result i'm not too sure.

God help Dougie if they turn up on Tuesday and do the same to us. Shocked 

7Bolton 2-2 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Derby Sat Sep 14 2013, 21:40

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It's Garty we need to help Dougie not God, to help him to pack and go!!

8Bolton 2-2 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Derby Sat Sep 14 2013, 21:54

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I know a few on here are saying we have to have a bit of stability but how long do you give Freedman if we lose again on Tuesday.

Something is seriously wrong in the dressing room and I honestly don't think Dougie knows how to sort the mess out.

9Bolton 2-2 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Derby Sat Sep 14 2013, 22:21

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Aaron, when you can see some progress it's right to be patient but we're quickly going backwards and all because Freedman as you say doesn't have the capability to put it right. Most of the problems he's actually causing with his inexperience. He may be a good manager in the future but right now he's a pure liability.

10Bolton 2-2 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Derby Sat Sep 14 2013, 22:29

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Whitesince63 wrote:Most of the problems he's actually causing with his inexperience. He may be a good manager in the future but right now he's a pure liability.
That statement right there sums up both Coyle and Dougie IMO.

11Bolton 2-2 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Derby Sat Sep 14 2013, 22:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:Aaron, when you can see some progress it's right to be patient but we're quickly going backwards and all because Freedman as you say doesn't have the capability to put it right. Most of the problems he's actually causing with his inexperience. He may be a good manager in the future but right now he's a pure liability.
He's the worst kind of manager, he's trying to fit the players into his system rather than fitting the system around the players.

I just don't understand how a manager can watch the shit at Blackburn and now today and still think it's the right way to go.

As 63 says, if you can see some progress you should have patience, but this clown has nothing to offer and should be shown the door.

12Bolton 2-2 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Derby Sat Sep 14 2013, 22:57

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Whitesince63 wrote:Aaron, when you can see some progress it's right to be patient but we're quickly going backwards and all because Freedman as you say doesn't have the capability to put it right. Most of the problems he's actually causing with his inexperience. He may be a good manager in the future but right now he's a pure liability.
He's the worst kind of manager, he's trying to fit the players into his system rather than fitting the system around the players.

I just don't understand how a manager can watch the shit at Blackburn and now today and still think it's the right way to go.

As 63 says, if you can see some progress you should have patience, but this clown has nothing to offer and should be shown the door.
You have changed your mind quick, you couldn't get enough of Dougie last season when Bolton were winning like 8 games in 9 games. 
I have played football manager before and know what it is like when your players are out of form and you chop and change formations and tactics to try and find a winning formula. You need to get behind the manager and the team.

13Bolton 2-2 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Derby Sun Sep 15 2013, 00:02

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

With the recent results we have had and especially Derby thrashing Millwall so they will be up for tues night, I can't see dougie turning this one around so i'm going for a Derby win unfortunately Sad

14Bolton 2-2 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Derby Sun Sep 15 2013, 00:06

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I was wary before Blackburn,scared against Leeds and am now shitting myself before Tuesday and like a tit bought a ticket for Blackpool before todays game !!!!! How fucking deluded !!!

15Bolton 2-2 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Derby Sun Sep 15 2013, 00:16

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Derby will be full of confidence so it will be tough. But a first win of the season must surely be around the corner! We'll probably nick this 1-2

16Bolton 2-2 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Derby Sun Sep 15 2013, 00:31

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It will be a repeat of today with Derby winning a dour game 1-0. I really don't know where our next goal is coming from and clearly neither does Freedman.

17Bolton 2-2 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Derby Sun Sep 15 2013, 07:25

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Will Knight start ?

18Bolton 2-2 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Derby Sun Sep 15 2013, 08:31

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think this one is the acid test for Freedman. A draw would be good enough to create some optimism, but lose it and it might start looking terminal for Dougie- or some of the people round about him.
If he picks the slow pedestrian shower that he picked against Leeds- then we'll be overrun again- not by players who are particularly skilful, but who are quick and can exploit the complete lack of speed shown by Mills, Knight ,Tierney and Baptiste against Leeds.
To me the answer is clear- they're going to score ,so we need to score more. That means get Hall on from the start, get Eagles on and let them run at the opposition. Give Gregus a game as well. On Saturday Spearing couldn't get a pass away
Everything from Bogdan forward is too slow.
We need a high tempo start even if Hall and Eagles are knackerd part way through.
His team selection is the biggest part of the problem

19Bolton 2-2 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Derby Sun Sep 15 2013, 08:45

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

No rammy the biggest part of the problem is he still thinks he's right!!

20Bolton 2-2 Derby Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Derby Sun Sep 15 2013, 11:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:What are your thoughts after yet another shocking result? I reckon we'll ell and truly turned over again< and will keep on getting turned over until Freedman learns that attack is the best form of defence.
Exactly what was shocking about the Leeds result?
If we'd played a different system with different players from the off that would have been shocking, but as we didn't change it around until we were behind I don't think the result was at all shocking.

Derby game? Basically, if we set our stall out the same way we did in recent games we'll get the same outcome.
Sooner or later though, Dougie is going to have to make some radical changes to the starting line up.
Even if we get hammered by playing a different system, I'd prefer that to seeing the same old system and the same old players getting trotted out week after week.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum