Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should the club wear rainbow laces next week?

+17
Mr Magoo
karlypants
Keegan
doffcocker
gloswhite
Soul Kitchen
Triumph
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
Tigermin
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
Angry Dad
rogercpc
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Like thousands of others, I'll certainly be wearing a large purple strap-on throughout Erectile Dysfunction Awareness Week and I think you should all join me as a supportive gesture.  I'm expecting the players will also wear supportive strap-ons during the Derby game just to show they have no animosity towards professional droopers. I'm having the epithet "if you can't cut the mustard you can always lick the jar" printed in Arabic on mine in the hope that Sepp Blatter will take note and highlight the issue in his opening speech at the Qatar World Cup.
And you're all invited to attend the British Old Nobbers  Erection Rally (BONER) in the New Zealand Chief for a few pints before the match.
I like it!!! lol! 

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Fucking ridiculus rainbow laces!! whats happening to this country, i dont agree with homosexuality, i dont like it ,i think its bloody disgusting blokes bumming each other its filthy and certainly unnatural and i certainly wont be wearing poncy laces supporting it and i would hope my team wouldn't either, i could never have a gay man as a mate not a chance in hell, i'm sick of it being pushed upon us all the time. I dont wish them any harm and like SK say's what they do at home is up to them but  they can stay the fuck away from me.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Soul Kitchen wrote:Who's yon mon RT?
I dont get this either.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:Fucking ridiculus rainbow laces!! whats happening to this country, i dont agree with homosexuality, i dont like it ,i think its bloody disgusting blokes bumming each other its filthy and certainly unnatural and i certainly wont be wearing poncy laces supporting it and i would hope my team wouldn't either, i could never have a gay man as a mate not a chance in hell, i'm sick of it being pushed upon us all the time. I dont wish them any harm and like SK say's what they do at home is up to them but  they can stay the fuck away from me.
even though this is satire.....

there are people who think like this, and is exactly the reason campaigns like this exist.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:Who's yon mon RT?
Hipster knows who it is. Wink 

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have worked with a few gay men and I have to say that overall they are no different than straight people. One or two can come across as over effeminate but that is just part of their personality.

Satans Alley is not my scene but who am I to judge others. As long as these 'alternative lifestyles' are not forced down our throats then I'm all for live and let live.

PS. Does anybody know where I can get some laces for next weeks game?

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

No. As mentioned previously, yet another attempt to make out that homosexuality should be accepted by everyone as the 'norm'. It isn't the norm, and never will be, and just because the gay contingent have influence and money to push for this, doesn't make it so.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Next week they will be asking the players to wear socks embroidered with the Syrian flag in support of the Syrian people living under a brutal dictatorship.

The week after that it will be the PLO that need our support. Perhaps we should champion the wearing of poppies in support of our fallen forefathers during two world wars...... Oh ..hang on a minute.... that might cause offence to some people.....:nono: 

Some people are gay. Can't say that bothers me, never understood why it would anybody to be honest. So if this helps some backwards people to accept people are free to make their own choices then Im all for it.

Although to be fair Im more interested in Bolton beating Derby.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have ordered two sets of laces. I am wearing one pair next week with my Doc Martens and the other pair I have sent to AD to wear when he is out and about in Brighton.

Last edited by Reebok Trotter on Mon Sep 16 2013, 22:56; edited 1 time in total

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm not sure what action is best in terms of getting the right message out there.

The Gay Pride festivals held in the cities are supposedly to improve society's attitude towards homosexuality. Personally, I think they're tacky, they live up to stereotypes and are undoubtedly enough to make many a closet homosexual further uncomfortable with who they are.

Isn't this idea similar?

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Hipster_Nebula wrote:well its similar to the breast cancer week in the NFL where all the players wear pink boots.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

If it raises awareness then i really don't see the harm.

If this was something to do with racism then the clubs would be lining up to do it, the stigma attached to homosexuality in sport is still a ways back unfortunately.
Please tell me you are not seriously comparing Breast Cancer to being a homosexual.
:facepalm:

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:well its similar to the breast cancer week in the NFL where all the players wear pink boots.

If this was something to do with racism then the clubs would be lining up to do it, the stigma attached to homosexuality in sport is still a ways back unfortunately.
Please tell me you are not seriously comparing Breast Cancer to being a homosexual.
I totally agree.

Homosexuality is a lifestyle choice, Cancer isn't!

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Homosexuality isn't a choice. Who the fuck would choose to be gay (let's be honest!)? Just think about it for a moment. Why would anybody want to be attracted to the same sex, and in doing so, surrender the ability to have children, a family, and in many cases live up to their family, friends' and society in general's expectations? It just doesn't make sense.

There's a reason suicide rates among young gays and lesbians is comparatively higher than among the general population and it's that they want to be the way nature supposedly intended them to be, but it's out of their hands.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Homosexuality isn't a choice. Who the fuck would choose to be gay (let's be honest!)? Just think about it for a moment. Why would anybody want to be attracted to the same sex, and in doing so, surrender the ability to have children, a family, and in many cases live up to their family, friends' and society in general's expectations? It just doesn't make sense.

There's a reason suicide rates among young gays and lesbians is comparatively higher than among the general population and it's that they want to be the way nature supposedly intended them to be, but it's out of their hands.
Doffcocker is right.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:
doffcocker wrote:Homosexuality isn't a choice. Who the fuck would choose to be gay (let's be honest!)? Just think about it for a moment. Why would anybody want to be attracted to the same sex, and in doing so, surrender the ability to have children, a family, and in many cases live up to their family, friends' and society in general's expectations? It just doesn't make sense.

Doffcocker is right.
Which is why straight people aren't overly bothered about it - it's only those with a repressed homosexual latency that get feisty about it - wouldn't you agree AD? :whistle: 

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

unbelievable that people still think it's a "choice" in this day and age.

disgusting really.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:

I compared the campaigns "Keegan." Having sportsmen and women wear something to show support, and raise awareness of something.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Maybe the players could show their support for the gay movement by mincing onto the pitch it would be more obvious than laces and the children would learn quicker.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Thats no good RT, who's going to tie them up for him Very Happy  ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum