Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

DF hits out at big clubs

+5
wanderlust
karlypants
Boggersbelief
kennster
aaron_bwfc
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1DF hits out at big clubs Empty DF hits out at big clubs Sun Sep 22 2013, 21:06

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

DOUGIE Freedman has aimed a barb at top-flight clubs for hoarding young talents without giving them enough first-team opportunities.

He believes Wanderers would fund a move for the right talent, but has so far hit a brick wall in his efforts to find the right man.

“It’s not really a question I can answer.

“Maybe it’s one for the England set-up. You should ask Roy (Hodgson) what he thinks about players sitting there week in, week out and not learning their trade,” he said.

“We would like to bring in players but right now there isn’t the quality and that is because the Premier League boys are keeping the players for the Capital One Cup or Europe. You can get the real younger players but are they the right ones just now? I think probably not.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2DF hits out at big clubs Empty Re: DF hits out at big clubs Sun Sep 22 2013, 21:10

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Sacked in the morning, your getting sacked in the morning, sacked in the morning, your getting sacked in the morning!

3DF hits out at big clubs Empty Re: DF hits out at big clubs Sun Sep 22 2013, 21:41

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's not though is he

4DF hits out at big clubs Empty Re: DF hits out at big clubs Sun Sep 22 2013, 23:51

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This really is Coyle crap he is coming out with now!

5DF hits out at big clubs Empty Re: DF hits out at big clubs Mon Sep 23 2013, 10:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't see how spouting shite to the media has anything to do with the main part of the job which is what he says to the players. Every manager has to speak to the media and for the most part it's crap. I'd love to know what he says in private though.

6DF hits out at big clubs Empty Re: DF hits out at big clubs Mon Sep 23 2013, 11:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Expect similar shite every day this week - he knows his job is on the line and will do everything he can to deflect the shite away from him.

Dougie - stop moaning about resources. Managing/coaching is about managing the players you have and making them better players. You might want to try it sometime.

7DF hits out at big clubs Empty Re: DF hits out at big clubs Mon Sep 23 2013, 12:15

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Still don't know why people put so much stock in, well, stock statements to the media that every manager (except Di Canio, hint hint) gives to the press.

8DF hits out at big clubs Empty Re: DF hits out at big clubs Mon Sep 23 2013, 12:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Di Canio is a prime example of a manager who says what he really thinks to the media. Megson is another. Admirable, but stupid.

9DF hits out at big clubs Empty Re: DF hits out at big clubs Mon Sep 23 2013, 15:22

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I wonder how the rest of the Championship cope Douglas?

Did he not fancy Macheda, or are finances actually dictating who he can and can't bring in?

10DF hits out at big clubs Empty Re: DF hits out at big clubs Mon Sep 23 2013, 15:32

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:I wonder how the rest of the Championship cope Douglas?

Did he not fancy Macheda, or are finances actually dictating who he can and can't bring in?

we lost out on loans for Kightley and Edgar (i think?) as we couldn't even find the cash to finance that so unless we can take a loan where the parent club still pays the wages we are stuffed as far as i can tell.

11DF hits out at big clubs Empty Re: DF hits out at big clubs Mon Sep 23 2013, 15:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Edgar Davids would have been an inspirational signing.

12DF hits out at big clubs Empty Re: DF hits out at big clubs Mon Sep 23 2013, 15:43

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Edgar Davids would have been an inspirational signing.
i wish, even at his age he is a million times better than our current midfield put together!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum