Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blackpool 0-0 Bolton

+32
Bolton Nuts
finlaymcdanger
Michael Bolton
BoltonTillIDie
terenceanne
observer
GynnSquarePhoenix
seasider
Culcheth_White
karlypants
Spirit of 58
CAMPO
Born to be a wanderer
gloswhite
NickFazer
Spanish Trotter
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
rammywhite
Sluffy
Norpig
Tigermin
Boggersbelief
bwfc71
Reebok Trotter
kennster
doffcocker
aaron_bwfc
scottjames30
Mr Magoo
MartinBWFC
36 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

101Blackpool 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Blackpool 0-0 Bolton Tue Oct 01 2013, 19:41

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's good to see him trying different players for a change although would have liked 2 strikers up front and go like the clappers from the start...

102Blackpool 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Blackpool 0-0 Bolton Tue Oct 01 2013, 19:44

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Where is chatbox?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

103Blackpool 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Blackpool 0-0 Bolton Tue Oct 01 2013, 19:46

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:At least 3 who have not played together before ...... should be good for the understanding of each others game and movement. Still miracles have happened before.
Won't make any difference. The back 4 always play like they've never met before.

104Blackpool 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Blackpool 0-0 Bolton Tue Oct 01 2013, 19:46

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Its 20.00 KO.

105Blackpool 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Blackpool 0-0 Bolton Tue Oct 01 2013, 19:46

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:Where is chatbox?
Dunno Biggie - try asking a mod, Smile

106Blackpool 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Blackpool 0-0 Bolton Tue Oct 01 2013, 19:46

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
terenceanne wrote:At least 3 who have not played together before ...... should be good for the understanding of each others game and movement. Still miracles have happened before.
Won't make any difference. The back 4 always play like they've never met before.
lol!

107Blackpool 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Blackpool 0-0 Bolton Tue Oct 01 2013, 20:20

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Still picking that joke bogdan i see, he's got no fucking idea i'm sick of freedman.

108Blackpool 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Blackpool 0-0 Bolton Tue Oct 01 2013, 21:55

kennster

kennster
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

No goal scorers, sigh.

109Blackpool 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Blackpool 0-0 Bolton Tue Oct 01 2013, 21:56

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Bolton = shit houses. The 3 points was there for the taking and they couldn't because they don't have the grapefruits.

110Blackpool 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Blackpool 0-0 Bolton Tue Oct 01 2013, 22:32

Listened to the game on Wanderers player in desperation, sounded like a decent performance to be fair and we definitely had chances to win the game. Gilks making an excellent save from Beckford who also hit the post.

The commentators also said it was our best performance so far and another improvement, but we need to start taking the few chances we create. Main positive is a rare clean sheet for our defence, we sounded solid tonight.

Wasn't a big fan of the formation which seemed more directed at containing Blackpool but we didn't concede and could have won the match to be fair so I can't complain too much. At this point it's more about the performance than result and if we can keep improving then the wins should come.

All 3 loan signings sounded like they had a good game, Danns and Beckford linking up well and Feeney our MOTM first half. If we could swap Eagles or another creative player in for Pratley against Bham then I think we can nick something.

111Blackpool 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Blackpool 0-0 Bolton Tue Oct 01 2013, 22:57

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

bwfc1874 wrote:Listened to the game on Wanderers player in desperation, sounded like a decent performance to be fair and we definitely had chances to win the game. Gilks making an excellent save from Beckford who also hit the post.

The commentators also said it was our best performance so far and another improvement, but we need to start taking the few chances we create. Main positive is a rare clean sheet for our defence, we sounded solid tonight.

Wasn't a big fan of the formation which seemed more directed at containing Blackpool but we didn't concede and could have won the match to be fair so I can't complain too much. At this point it's more about the performance than result and if we can keep improving then the wins should come.

All 3 loan signings sounded like they had a good game, Danns and Beckford linking up well and Feeney our MOTM first half. If we could swap Eagles or another creative player in for Pratley against Bham then I think we can nick something.
If we can get a goalscorer we can move up the table (note for N'gog and Beckford).  Should have been two clean sheets in a row (note for Bogdan).  It doesn't take much to move up the table in this league, and if Beckford had scored on his one on one's, we might be lower mid table already.  It's not all DF's fault... but he needs to win the clubhouse over and get them playing with desire.

112Blackpool 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Blackpool 0-0 Bolton Wed Oct 02 2013, 00:17

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Defence was sound for once. We never really looked like conceding. All three loan signings played well . Especially impressed by the Cardiff lad at full back. No real cohesive play up front though and Beckford looked lost on his own.
Shame really as Blackpool were really poor and there for the taking. Pratley was useless as usual and played wide left all night. Couldn't see the point. If Eagles had played instead of him we may have created something. Main 2 chances were Beckford hitting a post and having another good effort saved but not much else to get excited about. All in all a big improvement and for once everybody gave it everything. Shame Duggie's so cautious really we could have had a good win tonight.

113Blackpool 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Blackpool 0-0 Bolton Wed Oct 02 2013, 00:35

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Stupid selection. 4 defenders, 2 defensive midfielders, 3 attaking midfielders and a forward. Pratley is back to being just the stump Coyle signed, yet he gets a place ahead of Eagles. Bollocks. Absolute bollocks.

It was an excellent performance, defensively. Medo and Spearing made it difficult for them to create many real opportunities. All of the back line did their jobs. The full back from Cardiff was particularly decent.
Going forward is still a major problem. We had chances, though none from any real convincing approach play. Beckford is clearly a gifted player but isn't adapting well to Dougie's absurd formations. He needs another striker by his side, not three players just behind him.

I think we'd have won if we'd played a basic 4-4-2, Eagles one side, Feeney the other, Medo and Spearing covering the back four, with Beckford and Ngog/CDavies up top.

114Blackpool 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Blackpool 0-0 Bolton Wed Oct 02 2013, 07:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie didn't pick the team or system that many fans would like to see but we can't argue with the fact that it was a much better performance which should give everyone a bit more confidence - in a game which many (including myself) thought that we could get hammered in.
Dougie himself showed bucketloads of passion so I think this is the wrong time to be having a go at the manager. I don't know what he's been saying to the players this week, but what an improvement on Saturday. Well done Dougie IMO.

115Blackpool 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Blackpool 0-0 Bolton Wed Oct 02 2013, 12:36

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Correct me if I'm wrong, probably am, but didn't we play two up top against Blackburn.

I seem to remember Ngog and Beckford starting more than once too.

Good to read all the positive reports about Feeney too. That "pile of dogshit" we got from "fucking Millwall." Hope he can keep it up we need someone with genuine ability to take a man on, sorely sorely lacking this season.

116Blackpool 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Blackpool 0-0 Bolton Wed Oct 02 2013, 13:07

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

doffcocker wrote:Stupid selection. 4 defenders, 2 defensive midfielders, 3 attaking midfielders and a forward. Pratley is back to being just the stump Coyle signed, yet he gets a place ahead of Eagles. Bollocks. Absolute bollocks.

It was an excellent performance, defensively. Medo and Spearing made it difficult for them to create many real opportunities. All of the back line did their jobs. The full back from Cardiff was particularly decent.
Going forward is still a major problem. We had chances, though none from any real convincing approach play. Beckford is clearly a gifted player but isn't adapting well to Dougie's absurd formations. He needs another striker by his side, not three players just behind him.

I think we'd have won if we'd played a basic 4-4-2, Eagles one side, Feeney the other, Medo and Spearing covering the back four, with Beckford and Ngog/CDavies up top.
:clap: :clap: :clap: 

117Blackpool 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Blackpool 0-0 Bolton Wed Oct 02 2013, 14:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

if you want to be picky, we should have played knight and baptiste up front - proven goal threats.

118Blackpool 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Blackpool 0-0 Bolton Wed Oct 02 2013, 14:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

More Dougie negative bullshit, and more proof he isn't a manager.

Fair enough, we're away at a high flying team so I can understand caution - even if it has got him nowhere this season. But by half time it should have been clear we had a great chance of winning the game, Blackpool were having a poor night and were there for the taking.

It's moments like this that define a manager - having the brain to realise when a game is there to be won. Allardyce had it, Freedman doesn't.

The team played ok, but Pratley should NEVER be picked ahead of Eagles - you don't leave out the only bit of proven quality you have.

Unfortunately the result will prolong the Freedman reign, but if the board watched the game they will have seen a manager scared to go out and win. How can that be allowed to continue?

119Blackpool 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Blackpool 0-0 Bolton Wed Oct 02 2013, 14:33

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, probably am, but didn't we play two up top against Blackburn.

I seem to remember Ngog and Beckford starting more than once too.
The only times two forwards have started, Pratley has played at the expense of a second wide player. There was no width on either occasion, although it looked promising at Blackburn until Dougie brought Moritz on for Ngog at 2-1.

120Blackpool 0-0 Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Blackpool 0-0 Bolton Wed Oct 02 2013, 15:18

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Allardyce always used to "shut up shop." A lot of the time it would cost us points as well.

Big Sam would fall on the defensive or "negative" end of the scale if you were totting it up, where as Coyle would go the other end.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum