Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Turned a corner, or scraped a win.?

+4
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
Weststandupper
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Turned a corner, or scraped a win.? Empty Turned a corner, or scraped a win.? Mon Nov 04 2013, 22:04

Weststandupper

David Ngog
David Ngog

One win and we're talking about play offs. Not meaning to be negative but after our last 2 home performances I find it hard to think we've turned a corner. The millwall game is massive now, hope we start well and get the crowd going coz it's been a depressing place recently. Coyw.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm hoping we've now turned a corner...but only time will tell...

Agreed one win means nothing, the Millwall game is massive and we won't get a better opportunity to break our duck at home whilst back to back wins would be a big confidence boost.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie said all the same things after the lucky Birmingham win. We then put in two shit performances against Wednesday & Ipswich.

This is Dougie after all, we won't beat Millwall.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

To "turn a corner" you have to start somewhere and I guess not losing in 6 is a start.
That's all it is - a start. Could go either way from here so I don't get the point of speculating about getting into the playoffs or relegation at this stage.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It's a wait and see....

You don't give up 63% of possession to Bournmouth and tell me things are turning. That's not a plan for constant wins IMO.

Millwall is an important game alright.

I agree that nothing is proven, but you need to stop trying to read things into possession stats they mean absolutely fuck all. Completely misleading to try and judge a game off them.

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

terenceanne wrote:It's a wait and see....

You don't give up 63% of possession to Bournmouth and tell me things are turning. That's not a plan for constant wins IMO.

I agree Millwall is a vitally important game, but show me a home side that doesn't dominate possession at home Terence, no matter what division!

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

JAH wrote:

I agree Millwall is a vitally important game, but show me a home side that doesn't dominate possession at home Terence, no matter what division!
We don't dominate possession at the Reebok!!

10Turned a corner, or scraped a win.? Empty Re: Turned a corner, or scraped a win.? Tue Nov 05 2013, 14:51

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Soul Kitchen wrote:
JAH wrote:

We don't dominate possession at the Reebok!!
:tongue2: No one likes a smart arse SK :good:

11Turned a corner, or scraped a win.? Empty Re: Turned a corner, or scraped a win.? Wed Nov 06 2013, 13:00

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sorry, couldn't resist.Very Happy

12Turned a corner, or scraped a win.? Empty Re: Turned a corner, or scraped a win.? Wed Nov 06 2013, 13:08

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

JAH wrote:

Perhaps I'm being stupid here but aren't football matches decided by goals? Have the rules changed so passes and touches now count as part of the score? The stats for corners, free kicks and throw ins haven't started to decide who won the game have they? It's odd because I could swear that when one team has two goals and the other has none then the team with two wins the game even if the team with none had 100% possession and stuck it in their own net twice. 

Away sides rarely have half the ball unless they're the likes of Man Utd or Chelsea playing someone like Sunderland. To bemoan the fact we had less possession in a game we won 2 - 0 where we played better than we have all season is exactly why I think some people on here are only happy if they can whinge about something. As to Millwall, decent outfit but I think we'll win. Is it a corner turned? Maybe not quite yet but we're certainly moving in the right sort of direction if we continue to perform the way we did against Bournemouth. To write Dougie off when we're unbeaten in six based on a possession stat is seriously negative whining.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum