Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is Fat Sam The Key To Getting Rid Of Dougie?

+13
BoltonTillIDie
observer
Tigermin
Boggersbelief
wanderlust
aaron_bwfc
Soul Kitchen
White84
Copper Dragon
boltonbonce
scottjames30
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

aaron_bwfc wrote:They say you should never go back and I think this certainly applies to Big sam coming back here, the days of the freebies have long gone and it's not like we have money to spend so I doubt he'd even contemplate it.

That's right Aaron, I doubt that he would be able to get the same class of players as Campo, Okocha and Djorkaeff.. etc to join now.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:
aaron_bwfc wrote:They say you should never go back and I think this certainly applies to Big sam coming back here, the days of the freebies have long gone and it's not like we have money to spend so I doubt he'd even contemplate it.

That's right Aaron, I doubt that he would be able to get the same class of players as Campo, Okocha and Djorkaeff.. etc to join now.

He wouldn't contemplate coming back because the club stopped throwing money around on ridiculous salaries and Allardyce made it clear that he can only hide his managerial weaknesses by surrounding himself with talented players earning a shedload.
He dropped us like a hot turd when the club stopped throwing money at him and he hasn't changed. Andy Carroll FFS. Now he's earning a fat salary.

If Gold gets rid, FS'll be looking for a Chairman just as rich and daft.

Think you're bit unfair on Allardyce Lust, I posted this on another thread but I think it's applicable here:

Allardyce got us promoted and kept us up on a shoe string budget, I don't believe the argument that he was playing with Rioch/Todd's money, the money we spent was as a result of getting promoted to the richest league in the world.

You fail to acknowledge the players he brought through and cost us nothing, Nolan, O'Brien and Hunt and completely ignore the players he brought in for very little money and were highly successful for us like Ben Haim, Michael Ricketts, Kevin Davies, Speed and Abdoulaye Faye.

Even players he brought in but weren't given their opportunity by subsequent staff have proved good players like Dzemaili and Al Habsi.

Allardyce left because it was obvious he'd taken us as far as out budget would allow, I never held it against him leaving for Newcastle, he was very ambitious and quite rightly so having turned us from a mid table championship side into a top 6 Premier league side. You can't argue with his success or how he did it, we won't see such a level of success for a long time.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Couldn't have put it better myself. What BSA achieved was a minor miracle.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If allardyce came back he'd have to start all over again.

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

The best manager we have ever had. The best teams we have ever had. The best times we have ever had.Not because of money,Gartside,fans but because of him. If he wants to come back I will walk to London and carry him all the way back to Bolton. The man is a legend and gave us fantastic times.Compare what he gave us to the utter shite we have had for the last few years. We !! Bolton Wanderers got in Europe ffs  ::dance:: 

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote: the money we spent was as a result of getting promoted to the richest league in the world.

It may have been the richest league in the world even when you were promoted to it, but it's nothing to what it is now.

Clubs now in the Premier League aren't breaking even, so a club like Bolton isn't going to be anywhere close when they are employing the very good players that they did.

There's a reason he didn't cut it at Newcastle, the Bar Steward fans got fed up with him and that the West Ham fans have never taken to him... and that's because he plays the game not to lose, he doesn't play it to win, unless he has the funds to get very good players in, like he did at Bolton.

It was a great time for Bolton fans and no you won't 'see such level of success for a long time' because it was a one off and wasn't sustainable for a club like Bolton Wanderers (in this modern market).

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I would also like to say that I stopped watching Match of the Day a few years ago (it annoys me with the this is what's coming up next and the over the top post match bullshit), but I very much enjoyed watching Allardyce's Bolton ruffling up the big boys at that time.

I was a bit of an armchair Bolton fan.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Stop saying "club like bolton"

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Even when we were in 5th place in the EPL, forum fans were not happy that we were not in the top four.  If BSA were be so kind as to kick some butt in our clubhouse, half of the fans would hate him and the other half would love him.  I would love someone who knows tactics and is not afraid to speak his mind when players coast instead of play hard.  N'gog should have been cleaning up the Reebok to earn his keep. We have had too many players who take the money and run.  We need an astute and tough manager.  Could Dougie be that one????????  Or could BSA reconcile with PG?  Time will tell.  Let's hope for a win this week and a bunch of wins this month.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:I was a bit of an armchair Bolton fan.

You must still be an armchair Bolton fan as you like to post on a great Bolton forum Smile

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:Stop saying "club like bolton"

You've never been on a Bolton match at home with less than 4,000 on have you Boggers?

A club like Bolton......

Proper pedigree, proper fans, proper club (although I don't like it that you've moved to a common bowl in a different town).

You can't compete if you don't have a Yank billionaire, dodgy Russian or a sand dwelling chap with a tea towel on his head buying your club.

It's good to be proper clubs. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

BoltonTillIDie wrote:
Copper Dragon wrote:I was a bit of an armchair Bolton fan.

You must still be an armchair Bolton fan as you like to post on a great Bolton forum Smile

I wouldn't go that far.  Very Happy 

That fat slimey sod and the lying snide that he tapped up has tested my patience with Bolton.

I'm not a complete dummy, so I quickly saw beyond it.

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

For God's sake. Allardyce isn't coming back, move on, forget about it, it's not going to happen. Even if by some miracle he did chum up with the fatboy and Eddie again things are different nowadays and he couldn't do what he did then on the budget we have now. Them days are gone for good.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Dont want him back, Done nothing since he left us in the shite, and he did!

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

If Gartside would forgive BSA for shagging his wife, im sure he would come back...

I know we all joke about that, but does anybody actually know if it really happened?

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Everything he did for us is appreciated ..... but his decision making on tactics and buying players with clubs who have far more money than us is worrying. 
I'm 50/50 on it.....but I lean towards no.

Anelka, Diouf, Campo, Speed, Faye, Jaaskelainaen, European football and a far lower debt than we see now. Ye Allardyce really left us in the shit didn't he.

The appointments of Lee then Megson are what fucked us, neither were capable of continuing Allardyces good work on our budget. Once we'd slipped down the league it was a far less attractive job.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum