Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Leicester City v Bolton

+25
Reebok_Rebel
Triumph
blackpeaswindybum
Banks of the Croal
Soul Kitchen
Culcheth_White
rammywhite
White84
Tigermin
NickFazer
gloswhite
Copper Dragon
Whitesince63
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
observer
terenceanne
doffcocker
luckyPeterpiper
scottjames30
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
Reebok Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

21Leicester City v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Fri Dec 27 2013, 17:22

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Copper Dragon wrote:Leicester can be got at but not by tippy tappy slow build up play.

You wouldn't be talking about us there, would you CD?

22Leicester City v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Fri Dec 27 2013, 17:35

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Fuck me when we won 5-0 the skill was sublime.I remember the return match the ref mike Riley sent 2 off our players off we were 2-0 down pulled one back and in  the 90th minute Ricketts levelled 2-2 with 9 men.That day was our record attendance 28-000 plus on at the Reebok.

23Leicester City v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Fri Dec 27 2013, 18:03

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

White84 wrote:Fuck me when we won 5-0 the skill was sublime.I remember the return match the ref mike Riley sent 2 off our players off we were 2-0 down pulled one back and in  the 90th minute Ricketts levelled 2-2 with 9 men.That day was our record attendance 28-000 plus on at the Reebok.

That bastard Robbie Savage got both of them sent off- Warhurst and Hpldsworth. I personally have never forgiven him- when he's on MOTD all he gets from me is vulgar hand gestures 

24Leicester City v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Fri Dec 27 2013, 18:36

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Seeing as though the majority of posters think we'll lose, I'll say the opposite and we'll nick the game by one goal.

Leicester 1 Bolton 2

Lonergan

Baptiste---Knight---Mills---Ream

Spearing---Pratley

Chungy---Mavies---Eagles

Beckford

25Leicester City v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Fri Dec 27 2013, 19:11

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How did Mark Davies do against Barnsley? Was listening on the radio but don't think his name was even mentioned.

26Leicester City v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Fri Dec 27 2013, 19:20

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

doffcocker wrote:
Copper Dragon wrote:Leicester can be got at but not by tippy tappy slow build up play.

You wouldn't be talking about us there, would you CD?

Well yes and no Doffcocker, just mainly going off what I read as I haven't seen enough of Bolton.

Leicester beat QPR away which was probably down to QPR playing their (arrogant?) tippy tappy slow build up play.

Get at them, their two centre halves don't like it for a start.

27Leicester City v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Fri Dec 27 2013, 19:25

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Any excuse to have a pop at bolton

28Leicester City v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Fri Dec 27 2013, 19:28

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Boggersbelief wrote:How did Mark Davies do against Barnsley? Was listening on the radio but don't think his name was even mentioned.
My mate went yesterday and he said, as the game went on, he got better.

29Leicester City v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Fri Dec 27 2013, 19:33

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

NickFazer wrote:How about 3 centre backs and Baptist and maybe Vela as wing backs?

You have more chance of winning the lottery Nick, than Dougie changing formation and playing Vela as a wing back and I am being serious!

30Leicester City v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Fri Dec 27 2013, 19:53

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:It's become a race to see who can post the next match preview first.

How about discussing the match that finished just over an hour ago first?

It's called moving on! Especially after a bad result.
You'd benefit by moving out of your bedroom occasionally. Should this be rather a traumatic thought, start by opening the curtains first!!

31Leicester City v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Fri Dec 27 2013, 20:10

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Culcheth_White wrote:
NickFazer wrote:How about 3 centre backs and Baptist and maybe Vela as wing backs?

You have more chance of winning the lottery Nick, than Dougie changing formation and playing Vela as a wing back and I am being serious!

Vela as a wing back, you will be removed from doing the championship super 6 if you carry on with anymore ''above your station'' ideas like that.  Very Happy 

32Leicester City v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Fri Dec 27 2013, 20:17

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thanks culceth

33Leicester City v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Fri Dec 27 2013, 20:20

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:Any excuse to have a pop at bolton

I know, I'm forever doing it Boggers.

I really don't know why I bother coming on this site, especially if all I'm going to do is have a go at Bolton.

Bloody dungaree wearing puddle slurping canal washing inbred six fingered banjo playing dingle.

34Leicester City v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Fri Dec 27 2013, 20:53

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Copper Dragon wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Any excuse to have a pop at bolton

I know, I'm forever doing it Boggers.

I really don't know why I bother coming on this site, especially if all I'm going to do is have a go at Bolton.

Bloody dungaree wearing puddle slurping canal washing inbred six fingered banjo playing dingle.
Hey Stan/Copper, what formation does Sean Dyche favour? Because this 4-2-3-1 formation which Dougie prefers isn't the real deal imo.

35Leicester City v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Fri Dec 27 2013, 20:57

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

A straight and very rigid 4-4-2.

It only really works if we have our full strength first XI out , and it especially only works when we have Jones and Marney in the middle of the park.

36Leicester City v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Fri Dec 27 2013, 21:20

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Wonder who is going to score our goals, our last two goal scorers have now gone back to their  parent clubs.

37Leicester City v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Fri Dec 27 2013, 21:20

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Copper Dragon wrote:A straight and very rigid 4-4-2.

It only really works if we have our full strength first XI out , and it especially only works when we have Jones and Marney in the middle of the park.
You have the best defence in the League by a mile and one of the best goal scoring statistics too apart from Derby. If you had more strength in depth, you could well be even stronger this season.

Why Dougie can't be more attack minded baffles me, especially with some of the players at his disposal. I don't know why he thinks 4-4-2 is such a bad idea?

38Leicester City v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Fri Dec 27 2013, 21:22

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He says 442 is old fashioned.

39Leicester City v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Fri Dec 27 2013, 21:55

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Culcheth_White wrote:
Copper Dragon wrote:A straight and very rigid 4-4-2.

You have the best defence in the League by a mile and one of the best goal scoring statistics too apart from Derby. If you had more strength in depth, you could well be even stronger this season.

Why Dougie can't be more attack minded baffles me, especially with some of the players at his disposal. I don't know why he thinks 4-4-2 is such a bad idea?

A lot of it is probably down to the players at his disposal. I mean you can't (?) really see the likes of Lee and Eagles doing a proper shift up and down the flanks and helping their full backs out enough. That's also coupled with the fact (?) that you don't even have proper full backs playing for you at the moment.

To play a 4-4-2 you also need one centre midfielder who is like a jack russell with a balloon, up and down getting everywhere (that's Marney, he can pass a bit as well). The other centre midfielder has to be calm in possession and one which plays it about and keeps things moving (that's Jones).

Spearing and Pratley?

Medo and Davies?

I don't know, I'm not a Bolton fan  Very Happy 

40Leicester City v Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Fri Dec 27 2013, 22:00

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Medo and Spearing are only a fraction of the midfielders they could be.

They both have defensive as well as attacking qualities, the latter of which, we haven't seen this season as much as we did last season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum