Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Leicester City v Bolton

+25
Reebok_Rebel
Triumph
blackpeaswindybum
Banks of the Croal
Soul Kitchen
Culcheth_White
rammywhite
White84
Tigermin
NickFazer
gloswhite
Copper Dragon
Whitesince63
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
observer
terenceanne
doffcocker
luckyPeterpiper
scottjames30
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
Reebok Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

91Leicester City v Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Sun Dec 29 2013, 17:58

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

is freedman a relative of megson?

92Leicester City v Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Sun Dec 29 2013, 18:09

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Reebok_Rebel wrote:is freedman a relative of megson?

Yea a poor one!!!!!!!!

93Leicester City v Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Sun Dec 29 2013, 18:13

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Freedman isn't fit to wipe Megson's arse.

94Leicester City v Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Sun Dec 29 2013, 18:15

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I just can't see the point of sitting back and inviting pressure, especially when our makeshift defence is so bad. We were drawing at half time and managed to score 3 against a top Championship side. Our attackers obviously caused Leicester big problems in the first half, surely Dougie should just go for it from time to time, but no, he is cleverer than that.

95Leicester City v Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Sun Dec 29 2013, 18:16

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Dougie "overall it's a fair score line. We gave a good account of ourselves in 1st half attack wise, but is shows us where we are at"
I'm not listening any more. It's the same bollocks every week. Just piss off Douglas.

96Leicester City v Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Sun Dec 29 2013, 18:21

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
BoltonTillIDie wrote:Dougie "overall it's a fair score line. We gave a good account of ourselves in 1st half attack wise, but is shows us where we are at"
I'm not listening any more. It's the same bollocks every week. Just piss off Douglas.

don't forget why he came here.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

To get us to the PL ha ha ha.

97Leicester City v Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Sun Dec 29 2013, 18:24

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Even then he was talking bollocks!

98Leicester City v Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Sun Dec 29 2013, 18:25

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I know.

99Leicester City v Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Sun Dec 29 2013, 18:27

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

its zaha's fault we are stuck with him.
he made freedman look like a good manager.

100Leicester City v Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Sun Dec 29 2013, 18:29

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Culcheth_White wrote:I just can't see the point of sitting back and inviting pressure, especially when our makeshift defence is so bad. We were drawing at half time and managed to score 3 against a top Championship side. Our attackers obviously caused Leicester big problems in the first half, surely Dougie should just go for it from time to time, but no, he is cleverer than that.

I agree.

Obviously we were wide open under Coyle and that needed sorting. But it's no good being a tighter unit if you're only going to sit back and invite pressure, struggling to score goals in the process. I know we scored three today, but we've generally struggled to score goals this season.

I've long suggested that we go back to basics with a straightforward 4-4-2. I've never said there won't be shortcomings to that, but does anybody seriously see it worsening our current points per game ratio?

101Leicester City v Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Sun Dec 29 2013, 18:35

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

102Leicester City v Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Sun Dec 29 2013, 18:36

That's two and a half minutes of rambling shite, made up on the hoof and lacking in any semblance of conviction.

I'd have more respect for the clueless twat if he'd come out and said:

"Why did I come to Bolton.....? Er, the cash....obviously. I wasn't on a bad screw at Palace but the idiot running Bolton panicked after he'd sacked the other fella and basically threw a massive bag of readies at me and Uncle Len."

"I'm not very good at this management lark, if I'm honest, and I got a bit lucky at Palace, so don't expect any miracles! In fact I wouldn't be surprised if we're still in 18th place this time next year!"

"But I'll say all the right things and not make a fuss about having no money for transfers, so I reckon I can drag this gig out for a couple of seasons at least before the fans start throwing stuff and I have to escape back down the M1 in an un-marked Tranny Van with all my lovely cash."

103Leicester City v Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Sun Dec 29 2013, 18:38

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laughing

104Leicester City v Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Sun Dec 29 2013, 18:41

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

scottjames30 wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
He just say's the same bollocks every week, he wouldn't look out of place with Harry Basset!!!!

105Leicester City v Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Sun Dec 29 2013, 18:42

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bla bla bla, he makes it up as he goes along.

He needs to go.

106Leicester City v Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Sun Dec 29 2013, 18:46

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think I understand what Dougie is rambling on about, we need to take our chances  Sleep  and do our defensive duties as well.  Sleep

107Leicester City v Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Sun Dec 29 2013, 19:03

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

CLUTCHING..........STRAWS !!

Sod off Dougie you imbecile.

108Leicester City v Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Sun Dec 29 2013, 19:05

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Culcheth_White wrote:I think I understand what Dougie is rambling on about, we need to take our chances  Sleep  and do our defensive duties as well.  Sleep

Yea you are right, he started rambling on about them after the Burnley game and has continued every game since, is it just a recording????????

109Leicester City v Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Sun Dec 29 2013, 19:07

"We came here to score goals and we did."

So why the fuck did you change it at half-time and sit back, inviting them onto us, you stupid Jock prick?

You know, I used to think Coyle spouted some shit, but this clown makes him sound like Bertrand fucking Russell......

110Leicester City v Bolton - Page 6 Empty Re: Leicester City v Bolton Sun Dec 29 2013, 19:12

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Leicester 5-3 Bolton

IN BRIEF

Bolton Wanderers ended the 2013 calendar year on the wrong side of a eight goal bonanza against Leicester City at the King Power Stadium.

The Trotters responded well to an early setback to draw level and then twice gained the lead; an Andre Moritz brace and Jermaine Beckford accounting for the goals.

With the scores level at 3-3 at the interval, the home side would ultimately after two second half goals.

TEAM NEWS

Dougie Freedman made no less than six changes to his starting line-up, two of which were enforced.

Neil Danns and Kevin McNaughton had both returned to their respective parent clubs, whilst Chris Eagles, Mark Davies, Darren Pratley and Joe Mason were named on the bench.

That allowed for ex-Leicester pair Matt Mills and Jermaine Beckford, plus Medo Kamara, Rob Hall, Chung-Yong Lee and Andre Moritz to start from the off.

FIRST HALF

Leicester started game with a swagger you’d expect from a top of the table side and with just six minutes on the clock the hosts were a goal to the good.

With the ball pinging around on the edge of the area following Matt James’ miss-kick, Danny Drinkwater then steadied himself before arrowing a low drive that nestled in off the foot of the post.

James almost doubled the lead immediately from the restart, though his slaloming run after neat give and go with David Nugent was halted by Andrew Lonergan.

After 15 minutes of weathering a Leicester storm, out of nowhere Bolton drew level.

Chung-Yong Lee was afforded space to gallop across the face of the Leicester area, before his low cross was prodded into the far corner by Moritz.

If the home side were aggrieved to have conceded an equaliser given the balance of play, what unfolded next would really rankle.

Beckford, whose every touch was being jeered by the home fans, found space inside the area. In the flash he shifted the ball onto his left foot and out of the reach of Liam Moore, before digging out a low shot that nestled in the far corner.

James and Drinkwater continued to be at the hub of all of the home side’s positive play, though as the half wore on were largely restricted to long range efforts.

Medo Kamara, who himself was open to shots from distance, stung the palm of Kasper Schmeichel from distance.

Just as it seemed Bolton were set to see out of the opening 45 with a 2-1 lead, a remarkable two-minute period put paid to that.

First, Lloyd Dyer, a constant threat down the left, pinched half-a-yard on Alex Baptiste before his back post cross was headed home by Anthony Knockaert for 2-2.

It was a blow, but immediately from the restart Bolton were back in front.

Moritz danced his way around two defenders before sending a low daisy cutter beyond a hapless Schmeichel for 3-2.

But once again the hosts hit back.

Bolton failed to clear Dyer’s cross, with Paul Konchesky then thundering an effort goalwards that took a double ricochet on its way into Lonergan’s net. Matt Mills will almost certainly be credited with an own goal.

HALF TIME

Pratley was introduced in place of Hall at the start of the second half.

And whilst the early throes of the second half offered little in the way of attempts on goal, tempers did flare on the hour mark.

Zat Knight clashed with Jamie Vardy off the ball, with both eventually escaping with yellow cards.

In truth the home side looked the more likely to swing the game in their favour.

Knockaert’s swirling free-kick came back off the bar with Moore unable to turn home the rebounds with the goal gaping.

Whilst primarily being on the back-foot Bolton still posed a threat on the counter. Mark Davies, on in place of Moritz, saw a shot from the edge of the area clawed away by Schmeichel.

But the home side’s pressure was to eventually tell.

On 72 minutes Vardy latched onto Nugent’s flick and after toeing the ball away from Lonergan, was eventually felled by the onrushing goalkeeper inside the area.

Though Lonergan made amends against his former Preston team-mate, flying right to fist away the resulting spot kick.

But it was only to be a temporary rest bite for Wanderers.

Dyer once again escaped down the left and made a beeline for goal. After fending off Baptiste he curled a low effort into the far corner.

Bolton had to go for it. Joe Mason was thrown on for Medo.

With time ticking away Bolton penalty appeals fell on deaf ears, as Pratley smashed Baptiste’s cut-back into Wes Morgan’s midriff.

In the end Leicester sub Gary Taylor-Fletcher made sure of the points, finishing from the right channel.

FULL TIME

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum