Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

dougie is he doing allright

+10
rammywhite
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
wessy
Tigermin
NickFazer
karlypants
Culcheth_White
luckyPeterpiper
cairocuz
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21dougie is he doing allright - Page 2 Empty Re: dougie is he doing allright Sun Mar 02 2014, 11:45

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:He'll be judged at the end of the season.

Here's a couple of questions.

1) What happens if we lose most of the remaining matches but win our last few? Would Gartside sack a manager that's just won two or three games?

2) What happens if we now go on a great run like we did last season? Would that somehow mean we wouldn't be in for another awful first two-thirds of a season? Do we really want a manager who it consistently takes until February to get things right?

22dougie is he doing allright - Page 2 Empty Re: dougie is he doing allright Sun Mar 02 2014, 12:35

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

doffcocker wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:He'll be judged at the end of the season.

Here's a couple of questions.

1) What happens if we lose most of the remaining matches but win our last few? Would Gartside sack a manager that's just won two or three games?

2) What happens if we now go on a great run like we did last season? Would that somehow mean we wouldn't be in for another awful first two-thirds of a season? Do we really want a manager who it consistently takes until February to get things right?
Precisely the point I've been trying to make doffcocker. Dougie seems to leave it far too late in the day before he changes his approach and frankly the way he stubbornly refuses to listen to any view but his own is courting disaster. Sooner or later he's going to leave it TOO late or he'll sign loanees who DON'T perform and we'll wind up in League One as a result. 

For my money he has to go for that reason. Yes it was a great performance yesterday but we should never have been in such a dire situation with the players he started the season with in the first place. Dougie can't motivate players well enough over a full season, I think we have the proof of that just from looking at this term's results and performances as a whole.

23dougie is he doing allright - Page 2 Empty Re: dougie is he doing allright Sun Mar 02 2014, 12:39

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

We still need a new man for next season.

24dougie is he doing allright - Page 2 Empty Re: dougie is he doing allright Sun Mar 02 2014, 12:42

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Angry Dad wrote:We still need a new man for next season.
I couldn't agree more. But I feel that Phil Gartside should not retain his job or have any say in who the new manager is.

25dougie is he doing allright - Page 2 Empty Re: dougie is he doing allright Sun Mar 02 2014, 12:49

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just think ,at the end of the season when all our loan signings go back?

What happens then, will it take the same time for Freedman to get fresh young players to preform in a winning teams mentality .

He should've pushed on from the end of last season, but he didn't , he'll probably save his job with a late flurry, but we won't progress as a team with him, I predict a slow start next season, with him still in charge.

26dougie is he doing allright - Page 2 Empty Re: dougie is he doing allright Sun Mar 02 2014, 14:06

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Gartside will hang onto any justification of not sacking Dougie that he can.
It's alright saying "I'm happy for him to stay until the end of the season, and see where we're at then" but we all know that we'd have to do really badly between now and then for Dougie not to be given the benefit of the doubt.

And even if we go on a run, would that actually change anything? Would it tell us anything we don't already know about Dougie's managerial abilities? No. We already know he's capable of taking teams on three month long good runs, because he did it last season.

27dougie is he doing allright - Page 2 Empty Re: dougie is he doing allright Sun Mar 02 2014, 14:31

Im looking forward to seeing the players Dougie brings in with the extra budget we'll have available. He's here till at least next season, and if he continues to learn and be a bit more adventurous I think he'll get us through the transition in good shape.

28dougie is he doing allright - Page 2 Empty Re: dougie is he doing allright Sun Mar 02 2014, 15:20

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie has his knockers but by and large his loan signings have been decent. The Juke certainly looks like a cross between Kevin Davies and Ivan Klasnic.

Danns has a good engine and is prepared to cover the ground. If we could have retained Feeney, McNaughton and Dawson then we would have had a decent nucleus to build from.

It looks like high earners like Eagles, Knight and CYL may be going at the end of the season and if so, money should be made available to strengthen the squad.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum