Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Missing airplane (Boeing 777)

+17
scottjames30
Mr Magoo
aaron_bwfc
Angry Dad
boltonbonce
gloswhite
observer
Boggersbelief
Culcheth_White
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
karlypants
Reebok Trotter
rammywhite
BoltonTillIDie
Banks of the Croal
Bolton Nuts
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

21Missing airplane (Boeing 777) - Page 2 Empty Re: Missing airplane (Boeing 777) Sun Mar 09 2014, 16:50

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

OneFinFreedman wrote:How do they know 2 people on the plane have false passports?
The real owners of them contacted the police to let them know?

22Missing airplane (Boeing 777) - Page 2 Empty Re: Missing airplane (Boeing 777) Sun Mar 09 2014, 16:52

karlypants wrote:
OneFinFreedman wrote:How do they know 2 people on the plane have false passports?

False passports don't have real owners.

23Missing airplane (Boeing 777) - Page 2 Empty Re: Missing airplane (Boeing 777) Sun Mar 09 2014, 16:53

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The passports were reported as being stolen some time back and I assume the real people have been contacted to confirm that they were not on the plane.

Therefore whoever used them to get on the plane were not the true owners of the passports they pretended to belong to.

Last edited by Sluffy on Sun Mar 09 2014, 16:57; edited 1 time in total

24Missing airplane (Boeing 777) - Page 2 Empty Re: Missing airplane (Boeing 777) Sun Mar 09 2014, 16:57

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

OneFinFreedman wrote:
karlypants wrote:

False passports don't have real owners.
The original passports would have been stolen and either modified or copies made using the real passport ID number with other fake credentials, photo's etc.

25Missing airplane (Boeing 777) - Page 2 Empty Re: Missing airplane (Boeing 777) Sun Mar 09 2014, 17:16

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Sorry but it wasn't.

Yes the plane did have instrument failure that did lead to how the crew reacted which in turn made the situation very much worse but even at that point the plane did not have to crash.

The problem was they failed to respond to warnings that the plane was going to stall and did not take the right actions when it eventually did.

Sad story and a very tragic and fatal one.

No mayday message was sent.

http://www.bea.aero/docspa/2009/f-cp090601.en/pdf/f-cp090601.en.pdf

I remember watching the documentary and it appears the pilot went for a nap leaving a relatively inexperienced co-pilot to man the controls. The ice blocked the sensors causing the autopilot to shut down. All of the major warning systems kicked into place simultaneously causing the co-pilot to panic. He was flying blind and was confused as to why everything was malfunctioning. He put the plane into a steep climb but the plane stalled and the rest is history.

At 2 h 10 min 05, likely following the obstruction of the Pitot probes by ice crystals,
the speed indications were incorrect and some automatic systems disconnected. The
aeroplane’s flight path was not controlled by the two copilots. They were rejoined 1
minute 30 later by the Captain, while the aeroplane was in a stall situation that lasted
until the impact with the sea at 2 h 14 min 28.
The accident resulted from the following succession of events:
ˆ Temporary inconsistency between the measured airspeeds, likely following the
obstruction of the Pitot probes by ice crystals that led in particular to autopilot
disconnection and a reconfiguration to alternate law,

26Missing airplane (Boeing 777) - Page 2 Empty Re: Missing airplane (Boeing 777) Sun Mar 09 2014, 18:35

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

No doubt, there will be a programme to watch on Air crash investigation, on the National Geographic channel in the next couple of years.

27Missing airplane (Boeing 777) - Page 2 Empty Re: Missing airplane (Boeing 777) Sun Mar 09 2014, 18:56

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Culcheth_White wrote:No doubt, there will be a programme to watch on Air crash investigation, on the National Geographic channel in the next couple of years.
Which will be another program for me to avoid!  Shocked

28Missing airplane (Boeing 777) - Page 2 Empty Re: Missing airplane (Boeing 777) Mon Mar 10 2014, 13:51

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Still no signs of the plane and several passengers phones ringing when relatives try to get in contact, very mysterious.

Oh and one of the passengers using a stolen passport looks like Mario Balotelli apparently, I knew he was a wrong un

29Missing airplane (Boeing 777) - Page 2 Empty Re: Missing airplane (Boeing 777) Mon Mar 10 2014, 13:56

" several passengers phones ringing when relatives try to get in contact, very mysterious."

You do understand how phones work, don't you Boggers?

The ringing you hear "inside your phone" when you're phoning your mate isn't the actual other person's phone ringing.

You do get that, don't you, mate.....?

30Missing airplane (Boeing 777) - Page 2 Empty Re: Missing airplane (Boeing 777) Mon Mar 10 2014, 13:59

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
You do get that, don't you, mate.....?

You completely missed the point there....

31Missing airplane (Boeing 777) - Page 2 Empty Re: Missing airplane (Boeing 777) Mon Mar 10 2014, 14:00

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If the phone was switched off you would get nothing or voice mail, if the phone is on you get a dial tone!  Wink

32Missing airplane (Boeing 777) - Page 2 Empty Re: Missing airplane (Boeing 777) Mon Mar 10 2014, 14:01

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thank you karly

33Missing airplane (Boeing 777) - Page 2 Empty Re: Missing airplane (Boeing 777) Mon Mar 10 2014, 14:13

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Oceanic flight 815. Thats all I'm gonna say.

34Missing airplane (Boeing 777) - Page 2 Empty Re: Missing airplane (Boeing 777) Mon Mar 10 2014, 14:14

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Oceanic flight 815. Thats all I'm gonna say.
????

35Missing airplane (Boeing 777) - Page 2 Empty Re: Missing airplane (Boeing 777) Mon Mar 10 2014, 14:16

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
????

The plane in the tv series 'lost'

36Missing airplane (Boeing 777) - Page 2 Empty Re: Missing airplane (Boeing 777) Mon Mar 10 2014, 14:24

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
karlypants wrote:
????

The plane in the tv series 'lost'
Ah!

I don't watch Lost so wouldn't have had a clue. Smile

37Missing airplane (Boeing 777) - Page 2 Empty Re: Missing airplane (Boeing 777) Mon Mar 10 2014, 14:28

karlypants wrote:If the phone was switched off you would get nothing or voice mail, if the phone is on you get a dial tone!  Wink

Bollocks.

I've just turned my phone off and rung it from my desk phone.

It rang about five times in my ear before it went to voicemail.

My point stands and you're both thick.

38Missing airplane (Boeing 777) - Page 2 Empty Re: Missing airplane (Boeing 777) Mon Mar 10 2014, 14:34

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't like admitting that you are wrong do you, Breadman

39Missing airplane (Boeing 777) - Page 2 Empty Re: Missing airplane (Boeing 777) Mon Mar 10 2014, 14:37

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

karlypants wrote:The Air France crash was found to have faulty dials no?
A faulty pitot which caused the pilots to do exactly the opposite of what they needed to do and not to stall.

In reference to the first crash of a 777... it was in San Francisco when the pilots flew the plane to low and into the seawall at the beginning of the runway.  They were too inexperienced in that plane... but the plane did land and there were 3 fatalities... one of which was caused by a fire engine unfortunately running over a passenger. 

This missing plane will probably take months, if not years to find and to recover the black boxes.  Our thoughts should be with the families.

Last edited by observer on Mon Mar 10 2014, 14:43; edited 1 time in total

40Missing airplane (Boeing 777) - Page 2 Empty Re: Missing airplane (Boeing 777) Mon Mar 10 2014, 14:37

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I only read that someone was able to "get through" I.E hear a ringing after the plane was reported missing. 

Don't think thats particularly strange.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum