Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Liverpool v City

+15
Copper Dragon
bwfc71
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
Natasha Whittam
gloswhite
Hipster_Nebula
scottjames30
Angry Dad
Keegan
aaron_bwfc
Boggersbelief
Culcheth_White
boltonbonce
doffcocker
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 8]

141Liverpool v City - Page 8 Empty Re: Liverpool v City Mon Apr 14 2014, 17:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The guy is quality, didn't you see him in the huddle after the win yesterday? He was talking about beating Norwich, not how much cash he was making or who he wanted to fight.

142Liverpool v City - Page 8 Empty Re: Liverpool v City Mon Apr 14 2014, 17:06

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You'd have thought 100 thousand pounds a WEEK, a gaudy sum in 2005 would have been enough for him to stay with the club he loves. 

Didn't seem so though. But he's not worried about cash.

143Liverpool v City - Page 8 Empty Re: Liverpool v City Mon Apr 14 2014, 17:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think you're picking on the wrong ponce.

He's been with the same club all his life, and while he's very well paid, he's probably missed out on millions in signing on fees.

There are bigger ponces to fry.

144Liverpool v City - Page 8 Empty Re: Liverpool v City Mon Apr 14 2014, 17:40

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's scum of the earth.

145Liverpool v City - Page 8 Empty Re: Liverpool v City Mon Apr 14 2014, 17:53

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He could have gone to any another club in order to win things, but he's stood by his club and I think that's great personally.  Mr Liverpool.

146Liverpool v City - Page 8 Empty Re: Liverpool v City Mon Apr 14 2014, 21:03

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:He could have gone to any another club in order to win things, but he's stood by his club and I think that's great personally.  Mr Liverpool.

That's simply not true though.

He was on his way to Chelsea 10 years ago before the Liverpool gang lords told him he had to stay or else...

Steven Gerrard's record-breaking transfer to Chelsea has been derailed because of a hate campaign directed at his family by Liverpool fans furious at the prospect of losing their captain and best player.

The England midfielder had agreed a £30million-plus move to Stamford Bridge, together with personal terms that would have doubled his £60,000-aweek wages.

But the intolerable pressure his family faced on Merseyside, including threatening phone calls and letters, played a pivotal role in Gerrard's U-turn over a move to London.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-308410/Gerrards-U-turn-threats-family.html#ixzz2ytPhg0na

147Liverpool v City - Page 8 Empty Re: Liverpool v City Tue Apr 15 2014, 03:03

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Well, yeah - but apart from that he seems like a nice guy!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

148Liverpool v City - Page 8 Empty Re: Liverpool v City Tue Apr 15 2014, 07:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Call me crazy but I don't believe the Daily Mail given their track record of gross exaggeration and shit-stirring. For "gang lords" I read "two blokes in the pub".
Gerard is a great player and appears to have matured as a person in his well-handled media interviews.
I like the current Liverpool teams' style of play, they have some great players including home grown youngsters like Flanagan - who should be in the England squad. Even Suarez finally seems to have got a grip and "calmed down" to become a bargain signing in the scheme of things. Rogers has got the best out of his players and i wouldn't be too upset if they won the title as they would have deserved it.
They have tremendous pace where it counts, they're great to watch and it will be interesting to see how they go in the CL next season against Europe's big boys. 
Say what you will about Gerard but there's not an honest Bolton fan who wouldn't have been delighted if he'd spent his career playing for us.

149Liverpool v City - Page 8 Empty Re: Liverpool v City Tue Apr 15 2014, 09:11

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Thin is Gerrard only did that once....

How many times has Rooney threatened to leave Manure over the last couple of years, just to stay with an even larger pay packet?  Plus he isn't the only one at Manure to do that!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum