Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Multi Centre Holidays

+2
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Multi Centre Holidays Empty Multi Centre Holidays Sun May 25 2014, 14:22

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Has anyone on here ever done or known anyone who has done a multi centre holiday?

Since we have had to cancel Vegas, we're now looking at a holiday where we go to either New York for 3/4 nights then down to Florida for 4/5 nights - then back home.

I'm guessing my best bet would be to go to a travel agents.

2Multi Centre Holidays Empty Re: Multi Centre Holidays Sun May 25 2014, 14:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:

No, I think your first instinct to ask the advice of a load of middle-aged geeks on a football forum was correct.

3Multi Centre Holidays Empty Re: Multi Centre Holidays Sun May 25 2014, 14:39

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

aaron_bwfc wrote:Has anyone on here ever done or known anyone who has done a multi centre holiday?

Since we have had to cancel Vegas, we're now looking at a holiday where we go to either New York for 3/4 nights then down to Florida for 4/5 nights - then back home.

Advice from footy mad middle old aged geek -

If you are confident enough then do it yourself over the internet - go to the airlines such as BA or Virgin and see what flights they have out of your nearest airport - Manchester I would assume.

They will also give you a list of hotels you can book at the time and car hire if you want also.

I'm sure you can book to fly to one place (say NY) but fly back from another (say Orlando). You may be able to get a connecting flight too if they fly the route - otherwise book it through American Airlines (AA) or similar.

Check out where the hotels are (distance away from Times Square (42nd Street iirc) and the reviews on them before you book anything.

If you are only spending a few days in NY you don't need a car.

If you are only doing Disney and staying their also you again don't need a car - anything else though, you will.

If you don't want the hassle the travel agent will do exactly the same as above but charge you for doing it.

Not my business but if you are going to the USA for a week you may as well still go to Vegas - it is only another two and a bit hours longer on the plane each way - if Vegas is the place you really want to visit.

Oh nearly forgot - these days you also have to have some sort of US immigration visitor waiver - or something like that, which you have to have in advance of your travel - I assume you already knew about that with your plans to go to Vegas - if not do it know as I think it takes a few weeks to process.

4Multi Centre Holidays Empty Re: Multi Centre Holidays Sun May 25 2014, 14:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Relax Aaron. Get a flight to New York and then take it from there. Travel is easy in the States and you can pretty much go when and where you like and if you ain't overly fussy you can always find accommodation wherever you rock up.
Took the kids island hopping in Greece without booking anything and they still recall it as the best holiday ever. We didn't have to sleep on the beach once.

5Multi Centre Holidays Empty Re: Multi Centre Holidays Sun May 25 2014, 14:52

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
aaron_bwfc wrote:

No, I think your first instinct to ask the advice of a load of middle-aged geeks on a football forum was correct.

I'm not middle aged thanks.

6Multi Centre Holidays Empty Re: Multi Centre Holidays Sun May 25 2014, 18:07

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I have done a few multi-centres and the best way to research where you want to go, then research the hotels and best way of getting there - making sure you are protected (insurance wise) all the way there and back and whilst there, along the lines of IATA and ABTA.  And book it all yourself - you can save hundreds.

In my case the few multi-centres I have done are:-

1. Orlando - Miami - Boston
2. Chicago - San Francisco - Washington DC
2. Sydney - Melbourne - Adelaide - Alice Springs - Uluru - Port Douglas - Hong Kong
3. Singapore - Melbourne - Port Douglas - Sydney - Hobart - Brisbane - Hong Kong
4. Halifax (Nova Scotia) - Cayo Guerillermo - Havanna -

7Multi Centre Holidays Empty Re: Multi Centre Holidays Sun May 25 2014, 18:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chris, please can you start a thread about your meeting with the Bolton News Editors. It has classic written all over it.

8Multi Centre Holidays Empty Re: Multi Centre Holidays Sun May 25 2014, 21:35

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Thanks for the advice chaps, Vegas is off the cards for certain this year - the shine has just been taken off it really, will be going again in the future but not just yet.

Going to price up a few things in the next few days and go from there.

9Multi Centre Holidays Empty Re: Multi Centre Holidays Mon May 26 2014, 10:49

Vegas ain't going anywhere, mate and you'll enjoy it all the more when you eventually do get there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum