Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Worth a punt? - Abdoulaye Faye

+5
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
luckyPeterpiper
bryan458
Sluffy
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Worth a punt? - Abdoulaye Faye  Empty Worth a punt? - Abdoulaye Faye Tue May 27 2014, 18:04

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

FORMER Wanderers defender Abdoulaye Faye has been released by Hull City.

The 36-year-old made 34 appearances for the Tigers since joining from Sam Allardyce’s West Ham two years ago.

Faye, pictured, also played under Allardyce at the Reebok Stadium between 2005 and 2007, when he played 60 games, and then at Newcastle before moving to Stoke City

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Worth a punt? - Abdoulaye Faye  Empty Re: Worth a punt? - Abdoulaye Faye Tue May 27 2014, 18:33

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Not for me, a bit passed it!!!!!!!!

3Worth a punt? - Abdoulaye Faye  Empty Re: Worth a punt? - Abdoulaye Faye Tue May 27 2014, 18:44

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

No, I never think it's a good idea for a former player to return. They almost never do as well the second time around and Faye is well past his prime anyway. I enjoyed it when he played for us and would rather remember him at his best rather than watch him struggle as his age has caught up with him now. I'd swerve this and keep the memories.

4Worth a punt? - Abdoulaye Faye  Empty Re: Worth a punt? - Abdoulaye Faye Tue May 27 2014, 18:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Definitely worth a punt for a couple of years.

Every good team needs a couple of experienced heads, and he'd make a much better captain than Spearing.

5Worth a punt? - Abdoulaye Faye  Empty Re: Worth a punt? - Abdoulaye Faye Tue May 27 2014, 18:52

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No chance, his legs have gone, that's why we got rid of Knight, do you lot know anything about football?

6Worth a punt? - Abdoulaye Faye  Empty Re: Worth a punt? - Abdoulaye Faye Tue May 27 2014, 18:54

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

His son plays five a side football at Smithills, so I'm guessing he's still based in Bolton, and probably well up for a return to the club.

Can't say I've seen enough of him in recent years to say whether he's worth the wages he'd want.

7Worth a punt? - Abdoulaye Faye  Empty Re: Worth a punt? - Abdoulaye Faye Mon Jun 09 2014, 09:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nostalgia abounds.

8Worth a punt? - Abdoulaye Faye  Empty Re: Worth a punt? - Abdoulaye Faye Mon Jun 09 2014, 20:51

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It's a step backwards for me ....

We have enough cover at that position ..... as of today at least.

9Worth a punt? - Abdoulaye Faye  Empty Re: Worth a punt? - Abdoulaye Faye Mon Jun 09 2014, 21:31

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:No, I never think it's a good idea for a former player to return. They almost never do as well the second time around and Faye is well past his prime anyway. I enjoyed it when he played for us and would rather remember him at his best rather than watch him struggle as his age has caught up with him now. I'd swerve this and keep the memories.

Agreed. He is certainly no Ryan Giggs so it's a no from me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum