Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Allardyce's Best player - Semi - Youri Djorkeaff v Per Frandsen

+3
karlypants
Norpig
Sluffy
7 posters

Reply to topic

Next stop the final, so who do you want to see in it?

Allardyce's Best player - Semi - Youri Djorkeaff v Per Frandsen Vote_lcap78% Allardyce's Best player - Semi - Youri Djorkeaff v Per Frandsen Vote_rcap 78% [ 14 ]
 Allardyce's Best player - Semi - Youri Djorkeaff v Per Frandsen Vote_lcap22% Allardyce's Best player - Semi - Youri Djorkeaff v Per Frandsen Vote_rcap 22% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 18

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Well the tightest of all the head to heads so far have given us today's semi finalists - both only got though by a single vote!

Ranked No1, the majestic Youri Djorkeaff, just squoze past Super Kevin Davies by 11-10 votes - did how SKD left the club in a huff cost him the crucial votes he might have needed here?

Up against Youri is now two times giant killer Per Fransen ranked 11th= who once again defied the seedings in a 13-12 victory over 4th ranked Nicholas Anelka.

Seems to me however that Per's ride as come to an end at this stage.

Unless you of course vote otherwise!

So who are you going to put in the final then?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It has to be Youri, probably the best player to ever pull on the white shirt in my humble opinion

Norpig wrote:It has to be Youri, probably the best player to ever pull on the white shirt in my humble opinion
^ This.

:agree:

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've gone for Djorkeaff as well. Smile

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Youri for me too.

6 Allardyce's Best player - Semi - Youri Djorkeaff v Per Frandsen Empty Undecided Wed Jul 30 2014, 19:44

Battersea Wanderer

David Ngog
David Ngog

This one, as for some of the others, is very difficult.

Youri was clearly the better footballer but, for me, Frandsen had the better influence on the club's success (two promotions through to established in the Premier League) over a much longer period.    The same applies when comparing, in the last round, Youri to Davies.

In my opinion, over the years, Davies' and Frandsen's contributions to the club   were better than Youri's and I would say they were better signings for the club but Djorkaeff was sublime.

Undecided.  Let's hope all three play in Davies' testimonial.

Wow!

Two new contributors in one day and it looks like they can both spell and construct an intelligent sentence!

Get in!

Welcome aboard, mate!

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

What are you suggesting? Wanna step outside?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Keegan wrote:What are you suggesting? Wanna step outside?

It's just nice to know we're not all like me and Magoo.

ie, obsessed with bum gags and beer.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I like a nice, cold Red Stripe. Oh - I voted Youri. I suspect some posters are mixing up "best" with "best servant of the club" and "longest serving". If both players were in their prime and available right now, who would you want playing for us right now?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Keegan wrote: I suspect some posters are mixing up "best" with "best servant of the club"

Yes that is what has been confusing me. I am now going with the simple "best" option which makes Youri the obvious choice.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

xmiles wrote:
Keegan wrote: I suspect some posters are mixing up "best" with "best servant of the club"

Yes that is what has been confusing me. I am now going with the simple "best" option which makes Youri the obvious choice.

It's a bit late in the day but when I asked the question 'Who was Allardyce's best player' I left the interpritation of it up to the people who wanted to participate in the polls.

If people thought 'best' in terms of 'world class' then the likes of Hierro, Anelka and Djorkaeff would score highly, if it was in terms of best 'value' to the club then players like Jussi, Fransen and Davies would be at the top of the polls. If it was 'favourite' player then maybe Okocha, Bergsson and Campo would be out front.

The qustion is really who do you think is was Allardyce's best player - and it is up to the individual to interprit that how they feel is best to them and vote accordingly - so a player who as given loyal service to the club as just an equal as chance as a player who could have walked into a world eleven but only did half a season or so at the Reebok - there is no right or wrong answer.

Just your opinion that matters.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Sluffy wrote:
xmiles wrote:

It's a bit late in the day but when I asked the question 'Who was Allardyce's best player' I left the interpritation of it up to the people who wanted to participate in the polls.

If people thought 'best' in terms of 'world class' then the likes of Hierro, Anelka and Djorkaeff would score highly, if it was in terms of best 'value' to the club then players like Jussi, Fransen and Davies would be at the top of the polls.  If it was 'favourite' player then maybe Okocha, Bergsson and Campo would be out front.

The qustion is really who do you think is was Allardyce's best player - and it is up to the individual to interprit that how they feel is best to them and vote accordingly - so a player who as given loyal service to the club as just an equal as chance as a player who could have walked into a world eleven but only did half a season or so at the Reebok - there is no right or wrong answer.

Just your opinion that matters.

Well that clarifies it ... but now we are comparing chalk and cheese rather than two types of cheese.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I disagree.

It is like asking who is best for a team, a goalkeeper, a defender, a midfield general, a tricky winger or a goal scorer - they are all essential to make a side great but but all do different things and without each other the side would be nothing.   Your two types of cheese analagy perhaps.

But then you need to judge between the 'value' that each of the players bring to their certain positions, some are world class but fleeting at the club whilst others are very good but spend the bulk of their career with us.  Is that really chalk and cheese?

Finally you have to mix the two and compare - results shows us that people valued Per Fransen more than they did Hierro and that Kevin Davies lost by just a single vote to Djorkeaff - clearly people place a value on how good a player was AND how long he served at the club to find his 'worth', rather than just how good he was OR how long he was at the club.

Added value I guess that is called and it is that what peoples oponions of players are based on.

So chalk and cheese, I don't think so.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I think "added value" is a good way to sum up your position and it is what I was trying to do by voting for Frandsen rather than Hierro. I keep voting for Youri because he added so much, not just on the field but also in the message it sent about BSA'a ambition for Bolton and his ability to spot talent and potential. One of his best picks that wasn't on your shortlist was Florent Laville and another inspired gamble was Fredi Bobic.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum