Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers

+26
Bolton Nuts
CAMPO
okocha
finlaymcdanger
MartinBWFC
Vendor
bryan458
boltonbonce
Sluffy
doffcocker
JAH
Numpty 28723
Angry Dad
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
terenceanne
carrs
aaron_bwfc
scottjames30
Hipster_Nebula
karlypants
wanderlust
Keegan
Boggersbelief
cairocuz
30 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 8]

61Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 4 Empty Re: Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers Sat Aug 09 2014, 18:56

Who was it who said that the definition of stupidity is to continue doing what you've always done but expect a different outcome?

Can't remember, but he was right.....

62Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 4 Empty Re: Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers Sat Aug 09 2014, 18:57

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Who was it who said that the definition of stupidity is to continue doing what you've always done but expect a different outcome?

Can't remember, but he was right.....
Einstein.

63Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 4 Empty Re: Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers Sat Aug 09 2014, 19:00

Never heard of her.

64Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 4 Empty Re: Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers Sat Aug 09 2014, 19:02

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

65Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 4 Empty Re: Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers Sat Aug 09 2014, 19:08

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Bolton boss Dougie Freedman kept his post-match comments very brief.
Freedman said: "Very uncharacteristic lapses in concentration presented them with two opportunities and when you're dealing with the best two strikers in the division you can't do that, so that's the real disappointment.
"In the second half I thought we came out and gave it a right good go and created opportunities and we didn't take them.
"That was the difference today in a game with two very top strikers. Surprisingly for me, they didn't have to work too hard to get their opportunities and that's what disappointing."

nothing about the shit tactics
shit team selection
shit coaching
etc.
etc.
etc.

66Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 4 Empty Re: Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers Sat Aug 09 2014, 19:34

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Wanderers were undone twice in the opening half when Troy Deeney and Matej Vydra escaped to fire the hosts into the driving seat.

And despite a much-improved second half showing, Fernando Forestieri added a third after the interval in a similar fashion.

“Defensively, our performance was very uncharacteristic of us,” Freedman said after the game. “That’s where we have lost the game today. 

“We were playing against two of the best strikers in the division and what’s frustrating is that they didn’t really have to work for their chances.

“Watford didn’t cut us open, it was more one or two lapses in concentration that has cost us.

“The first half was disappointing, but we got together at half time and moved on and improved from there. 

“We looked a lot better going forward, created a few chances of our own and were denied by a couple of good saves from their goalkeeper.

“We’ve got good characters in our squad, and we kept going right until the final whistle which is encouraging.

“Looking back, the game is now gone. We need to make sure those early errors don’t happen again.

“We’ll move on quickly and now look forward to our Capital One Cup game against Bury at Macron Stadium on Tuesday.”

Read more at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

67Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 4 Empty Re: Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers Sat Aug 09 2014, 19:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As soon as I saw the team I knew we were doomed. Doffcocker is right, same old bullshit team and tactics.

We will never get anywhere under this manager while he is so negative.

68Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 4 Empty Re: Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers Sat Aug 09 2014, 19:51

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

"We have to make sure", it's like fucking Deja Vous!!!!!!!

69Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 4 Empty Re: Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers Sat Aug 09 2014, 19:54

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It seems he's constantly blaming lapses of concentration, yet persists with a system that relies on good concentration levels.

It's useless tryna play "keep it tight at the back, try and nick a goal" if you know one of your defenders or goalkeeper will invariably let you down at some point.

70Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 4 Empty Re: Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers Sat Aug 09 2014, 20:06

It's a fucking stupid system to adopt in our circumstances anyway because it relies on having lightening fast players in midfield who can get into the opposition's box in about three or four quick passes and a striker who is deadly and will convert more than he misses.

We have none of those.

Freedman's a knob and I've properly had enough now.

71Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 4 Empty Re: Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers Sat Aug 09 2014, 20:09

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The one constant with this prick is naivety, today at 2-0 down a good manager would have thrown his heavyweights on, but no Freedman sticks with his 2 holding midfielders...... WHY........ He sticks with Pratley...... WHY........, second half he brings on Feeney, we start to press, all to no avail as he has nobody to aim at, with 15 minutes to go he brings Beckford on, to little too late, I am no football manager, but even I know how to chase a game better than that prick, with him it seems damage limitation is key.

72Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 4 Empty Re: Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers Sat Aug 09 2014, 20:14

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

We must have had the most boring 3 central mid 3 starting in the league today by a mile (Medo,Spearing,Pratley) - 0 creativity and no pace on either wing.

He shot himself in the foot even more by having Danns out wide with Lee, Danns isn't a wide man as long as i've got a hole in my arse.

73Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 4 Empty Re: Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers Sat Aug 09 2014, 20:26

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

aaron_bwfc wrote:We must have had the most boring 3 central mid 3 starting in the league today by a mile (Medo,Spearing,Pratley) - 0 creativity and no pace on either wing.

He shot himself in the foot even more by having Danns out wide with Lee, Danns isn't a wide man as long as i've got a hole in my arse.
But playing players out of position is the way forward, Freedman is way ahead of his time, in 20 years Arsenal, Liverpool, Man U will latch on to this, and Freedman will be classed as a genius.

74Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 4 Empty Re: Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers Sat Aug 09 2014, 20:29

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Seriously though, when was the last time you watched a game, live or otherwise, and were impressed with a Bolton side technically, defensively or otherwise. 

People mention certain games under Coyle and yes we had some good moves in his time but it was extremely rare. 

We haven't had a team that has nailed the basics of pass and move football.... since... ?

Megson could drill a team at times but we also had some pathetic defending under him, and the football was utter garbage. 

I'm a bit bemused that for literally years, we haven't been able to assemble a side that can pass and move and understand the very basics of defensive organisation.

75Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 4 Empty Re: Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers Sat Aug 09 2014, 20:35

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Any ideas where Rob Hall was today?

76Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 4 Empty Re: Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers Sat Aug 09 2014, 20:37

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The conclusion is that Freedman is dim, deluded and illogical. It isn't just that there is no plan B.....there is no plan A either. He talks nonsense, both pre and post match, and his tactics rely on some warped sense of his "genius" for outwitting the opposition, as if soccer is a game of chess. He looks to be able to claim some intellectual triumph for himself when the truth is that he is an imbecile. Football is a simple game that needs de-cluttering of the sort of gobbledygook he spouts. After-match utterings revolve round observations that no sane person could also claim to have seen. 

Today he set out with entirely the wrong focus, watching videos of Watford's strikers to deprive them of the ball; our defenders don't have the ability on the ball to do that. What about trying to cause the opposition some headaches with possession in their half? For the players we have, attack is definitely the best form of defence. We proved a couple of times last season when given a freer rein, unconstrained by inappropriate tactics, that we can cause problems going forward. For god's sake, Dougie, let them off the leash and try to entertain into the bargain. We are going into games with a fearful mindset. Show some touchline zest yourself and rouse the players to a passion rather than reduce the game to some kind of academic exercise.

77Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 4 Empty Re: Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers Sat Aug 09 2014, 20:38

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:Any ideas where Rob Hall was today?
in the crowd watching the game - apparently injured

78Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 4 Empty Re: Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers Sat Aug 09 2014, 20:39

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Seriously though, when was the last time you watched a game, live or otherwise, and were impressed with a Bolton side technically, defensively or otherwise. 

People mention certain games under Coyle and yes we had some good moves in his time but it was extremely rare. 

We haven't had a team that has nailed the basics of pass and move football.... since... ?

Megson could drill a team at times but we also had some pathetic defending under him, and the football was utter garbage. 

I'm a bit bemused that for literally years, we haven't been able to assemble a side that can pass and move and understand the very basics of defensive organisation.

I'd have to go back to the Rioch years to remember being impressed with us 'technically' as a whole unit.

79Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 4 Empty Re: Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers Sat Aug 09 2014, 20:50

CAMPO

CAMPO
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

First game and two of our most skill full, sorry, better players, not available ( Mavies and Hall)

80Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers - Page 4 Empty Re: Watford 3-0 Bolton Wanderers Sat Aug 09 2014, 21:22

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well that was fucking dreadful. I like dougie but cannot defend him today, team selection was crazy, relying on pratley to be our number 9, the mind boggles.  Medo and spearing should not be in the same team, the sooner we get a couple strikers in the better, we will be a different team with a goalscorer just infront of mark davies.

One game in against a very good side, I wont be panicking. If he picks that same side again then I will kick off

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum