Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dougie Freedman is a long-time admirer of Nottingham Forest frontman Britt Assombalonga

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Britt Assombalonga has got a name you won’t forget in a hurry – and Dougie Freedman still recalls the first time he spotted Forest’s £5.5million man.

The Congolese striker opened his scoring account for Stuart Pearce’s side with two goals to earn a point at the Macron Stadium.

And while the size of his fee – a club record in the East Midlands – raised some eyebrows over the summer, Freedman believes the former Peterborough United striker could be worth all the attention. “It looks money well spent. If they have any change in your pocket, pass it my way," he laughed.

“It looks like a good buy. He is young, he looks hungry, he steps up and takes penalties.

“Yes, I am a bit jealous but good luck to the kid. We saw him a couple of seasons ago in Watford reserves,” he added. “So, he has come along at the right pace.”

Freedman had no complaints with the penalty award against his side in the first half as a reckless challenge from Jay Spearing on Assombalonga was punished by referee Eddie Ilderton.

“Jay lives on the line but you can’t criticise because in the game we play sometimes you are going to step over that line,” he said.

Source

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Pointless article. who cares. 

Owen Coyle used to piss me off always going on about how awesome the opposition were.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Standard bland non offensive meaningless drivel designed to avoid offending anyone. Like I said in another thread most statements and interviews by managers now are pointless and scripted.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Given that Forest paid £5 million for him it shouldn't even be on our radar.
It's amazing how they journalists can ask one question, get a one line response and then turn it into an article.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum