Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dougie Freedman hails Whites’ spirit as he switches focus to Nottingham Forest

+2
luckyPeterpiper
karlypants
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie Freedman insists his side are strong enough to cope with the mounting pressures of performing at home.

After an inauspicious start to the Championship season, Wanderers find themselves with some repair work to do when Nottingham Forest visit the Macron Stadium tomorrow.

A midweek cup win over Bury did not go as smoothly as planned and at times supporters showed their displeasure with a disappointing performance.

Nevertheless, Freedman believes his current squad are mentally prepared to cope with the expectation levels – and is looking for an improvement on last season’s haul of just six wins on home soil.

Asked about the mixed reception his side had been given on Tuesday night, the manager was pleased with his players’ response.

“That’s football, it’s why people come and pay their money,” he said.

“At half time the Bury fans were celebrating like they’d won the game. But that’s not how the game works.

“I’ve got a group of players who won’t lie down, and I’m the same. I won’t just take bad results.

“On Tuesday I went in, exchanged some words with the players, and I think we came out and showed a great energy.

“And great credit to our fans, they weren’t booing at 80 minutes, 88, 89, they stayed with us. And then we got the penalty to give them something to cheer about. That’s the difference with this group of players.”

Freedman will run a check on Dean Moxey’s bruised foot before deciding whether to put him in against Forest but is once again likely to be without Mark Davies.

After making nine changes to his side in midweek – compared to just four made by his opposite number Stuart Pearce in Forest’s win at Tranmere – Freedman is counting on his side feeling no ill effects from extra time in the Capital One Cup.

“I’m looking forward to the Forest game,” he said. “We gave one or two youngsters a game on Tuesday night and I thought Conor Wilkinson was fantastic. For a young kid making his debut I thought he held it up well.

“Young Oscar Threlkeld was very good too – especially his strength to keep on going.

“I made the changes knowing I could go into Saturday with fresher legs and that’s what I’ll aim to do.”

Source

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We're two games into the season and already the usual platitudes and drivel are streaming from his mouth. 

Apparently our woeful "performance" against Bury was all part of a master plan to let him rest his "overworked" players so he can bring in "fresher" legs for Forest. I could accept that if we were fifteen or twenty games in but when we've only played ONE league game? 

Words almost fail me. The ones I want to type are ones I don't like to see on the site and use only when I'm completely excised about a serious issue. 

Such as what is this fucking wanker doing and why is this total asshole still here?

We get that you don't like the manager and think we need to sack him - and Gartside - and it's not going to get better - and we're DEFINITELY getting relegated if things don't change - and there's NO CHANCE we'll sign anybody before the end of the transfer window etc etc etc.

But you should apply the 'we've only played one league game' logic to yourself. He's not going anywhere at the moment, if there's no improvement after 5 or 6 then we can seriously start talking about him going but at the minute it's pointless and he's not going anywhere!

If we see another line up like he chose at Watford then it won't be long till you have your wish and we're choosing a new manager.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:We're two games into the season and already the usual platitudes and drivel are streaming from his mouth. 

Apparently our woeful "performance" against Bury was all part of a master plan to let him rest his "overworked" players so he can bring in "fresher" legs for Forest. I could accept that if we were fifteen or twenty games in but when we've only played ONE league game? 

Words almost fail me. The ones I want to type are ones I don't like to see on the site and use only when I'm completely excised about a serious issue. 

Such as what is this fucking wanker doing and why is this total asshole still here?

:clap: Great post!!

Like Freedman is suddenly going to change.

So LPP is Scott's new leader.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:So LPP is Scott's new leader.

Its true, I don't understand why you think that Freedman is just suddenly going to change?

6 games is six weeks wasted imo, we all know that you're an Awkward son of a bitch, just like Dougie, in fact are you he?

He's not going anywhere after 1 game, so it's irrelevant what I or any of us think. 

I'm just willing to wait and see if he can get the necessary striker in to play this system effectively. I don't blame him for not being able to bring in that striker so far this summer as that's clearly down to financial constraints. I don't think this teams as far away from being competitive as a lot of other fans think.

If he brings him in and we're still shit then the fans won't give Gartside and Davies a choice but to sack him.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie won't change for one reason: his ego.

If he starts playing to our strengths and stops picking bellends like Pratley and Lee he'll have to admit he was wrong.

I sense even the happy clappers' hands are hurting now.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I take it that you don't go to any games bwfc1874? '' I don't think this teams as far away from being competitive as a lot of other fans think''.

I go to enough to form my own opinion, which is what this site is for. You on the other hand go with whatever the common consensus on the site is at any given time, rather than risk forming your own opinion.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Scott forms whatever opinion I tell him to.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:I go to enough to form my own opinion, which is what this site is for. You on the other hand go with whatever the common consensus on the site is at any given time, rather than risk forming your own opinion.

A wet drip, if ever I noticed one, BWFC have changed a little from 2002 1874

I'm sure they have Scott, but what's your point?

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:I'm sure they have Scott, but what's your point?

Obviously you've not been to watch them since then, or was it 2003?

Don't know why you're feeling the need to make things up Scott, have I got to you again? 

I go to see my team play plenty thanks. I certainly don't feel the need to prove myself to you of all people!

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Don't know why you're feeling the need to make things up Scott, have I got to you again? 

I go to see my team play plenty thanks. I certainly don't feel the need to prove myself to you of all people!
'To all of you people' you sound like Gartside now, which one are you?

Oh dear.

Try re-reading that Scott.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You're a proper idiotic human being aren't you?

I've just rang a hooker, she'll be round to your bedsit in 10 min's, you need to get laid.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:We get that you don't like the manager and think we need to sack him - and Gartside - and it's not going to get better - and we're DEFINITELY getting relegated if things don't change - and there's NO CHANCE we'll sign anybody before the end of the transfer window etc etc etc.

But you should apply the 'we've only played one league game' logic to yourself. He's not going anywhere at the moment, if there's no improvement after 5 or 6 then we can seriously start talking about him going but at the minute it's pointless and he's not going anywhere!

If we see another line up like he chose at Watford then it won't be long till you have your wish and we're choosing a new manager.
That's a fair point except for one thing mate. He hasn't changed a bit and I doubt even his most ardent supporters can honestly say he's ever likely to. It's not a judgement after one game, it's a judgement after well nigh two YEARS. 

Every week he remains is one week less for someone else to come in and start to undo the damage that's taking place now and has been taking place for a long time. 

In all honesty I'm compelled to admit that I don't just blame him and Gartside either. The players share some of the responsibility as not even SAF has control of what they do once they cross the white line and the game starts. 

However it IS the manager's job to ensure that before they get there they know what's expected and have a clear vision of what to do. In our case the lads don't seem to and that, whether it's a failure of communication or a lack of motivation is down to the manager. He's either failed to reach them or they just don't really care about what he says anymore. Either is a fatal blow to a manager's ability to run the team and I suspect (I admit I can't prove it) that there's an element of both here. 

I would love to be wrong just as I was wrong about Juke but in this case I have a horrid sinking feeling that I'm right on the money. In all seriousness what do you see that makes you believe Dougie either can change or will?

scottjames30 wrote:You're a proper idiotic human being aren't you?

What's idiotic about pointing out your illiteracy?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum