Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds

+26
observer
bryan458
doffcocker
rammywhite
Barryjw
MartinBWFC
BoltonTillIDie
Numpty 28723
Soul Kitchen
boltonbonce
Boggersbelief
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
Jack Russell
NickFazer
Mr Magoo
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Norpig
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
White84
luckyPeterpiper
terenceanne
scottjames30
Bolton Nuts
30 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Sat Sep 13 2014, 14:18

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Unfortunately I'm going to miss this one as I'm on holiday in Italy. I thought that I wouldn't be bothered after the shambolic start to the season- but I'm a bit gutted that I'll miss it.
I don't seem able to get this lot out of my system

42BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Sat Sep 13 2014, 14:19

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Strangely no recognised right back, and none on bench either, tactical genius is Freedman.

43BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Sat Sep 13 2014, 14:28

Sounds like you've got Bolton AIDS, Rammy.

Anyroad, are we having a sweep on how long Mark Davies will be out for after he gets injured today?

I'm going for ten weeks.

44BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Sat Sep 13 2014, 14:29

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breadman wrote:Sounds like you've got Bolton AIDS, Rammy.

Anyroad, are we having a sweep on how long Mark Davies will be out for after he gets injured today?

I'm going for ten weeks.

He'll return in the New Year

45BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Sat Sep 13 2014, 14:51

rammywhite wrote:
Breadman wrote:Sounds like you've got Bolton AIDS, Rammy.

I'm going for ten weeks.

He'll return in the New Year
Which one?

46BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Sat Sep 13 2014, 17:17

Breadman wrote:Wow....that's different!

Looks quite attacking (if this Garvan fella's any good, that is).

I am a gullible prick.

47BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Sat Sep 13 2014, 18:00

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The fact that mark Davies was thrown straight in from the start smacks of desperation to me. Dougies quickly losing the plot

48BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Sat Sep 13 2014, 18:04

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Just got in from the game. Even Jimmy Wagg who normally sits on the fence was laughing at how pathetic we were. Apparently we had 5 shots on goal and Wednesday had 25, but I'm sure Freedman will say we'd have won the game if not for missed chances.

I literally don't know where to start on how shit this was. Mason up front on his own, Feeney on the left, Ream at right back, Spearing was still on holiday, I can't see what major impact Garvan is gonna have.

But the worse thing is the all round mentality of this team. You only need to look at Lonergan's body language taking a goal kick with ten minutes left, then look at that of Wednesday's keeper. They were the only team that really wanted to win it, anybody would have thought we were the away side trying for a 0-0.

49BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Sat Sep 13 2014, 18:13

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Freedmans post match interview, I thought we were very brave, although we didn't do enough to win the game, we didn't deserve to lose it.

I thought we passed the ball very well, and with a bit of luck going our way, we're not that far away from being a good side in this league
, we have players now that are not going to lie down and die anymore, and like I said we have some very brave players out there, we always knew we had the makings of a clean sheet today, and that's how it proved, we have another game coming up in a few days , and we always welcome games coming thick and fast..

Copied and pasted by Freedman from every other post match interview.

Fuck off you deluded as swipe.

50BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Sat Sep 13 2014, 18:39

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

He is just a deluded fucking prick, we were fucking utterly shite today, Moxey is just fucking dire, and now I know why Feeney was in Millwall's reserves, Garvan was fucking awful, it say's it all when the substitutions are being booed, I can't face watching this fucking fucking garbage again on Tuesday, I'm regretting wasting my money on this season ticket!!!!!

Freedman out
Gartside out

51BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Sat Sep 13 2014, 19:02

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

bryan458 wrote:He is just a deluded fucking prick, we were fucking utterly shite today, Moxey is just fucking dire, and now I know why Feeney was in Millwall's reserves, Garvan was fucking awful, it say's it all when the substitutions are being booed, I can't face watching this fucking fucking garbage again on Tuesday, I'm regretting wasting my money on this season ticket!!!!!

Freedman out
Gartside out
You missed out on this rebuilding process.  We're just one point shy of beating last season's dismal start.  That's what Dougie considers progress.  One bloody shot on goal.  Imagine what 1.5 million pounds could have bought with Juke, possibly 1 million if they tried earlier.  Now we are truly f**ked.  League One awaits unless change are made.

52BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Sat Sep 13 2014, 19:16

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Its sad to see a club so much on its arse that they look silly.

53BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Sat Sep 13 2014, 19:21

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

scottjames30 wrote:Its sad to see a club so much on its arse that they look silly.

:agree: Its embarrassing!!!!

54BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Sat Sep 13 2014, 19:22

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Bolton 0-0 Sheffield Wednesday

IN BRIEF

In a game of few chances Bolton Wanderers were forced to settle for share of the points as their first game after the international break against Sheffield Wednesday ended in stalemate.

Dorian Dervite and Jay Spearing had the opportunities for Dougie Freedman’s side, the French centre-back twice coming close from corners, while Owls keeper Kieren Westwood held his ground well to deny the Bolton captain from range.

TEAM NEWS

Owen Garvan came straight into the Wanderers starting XI as manager Dougie Freedman made six changes to the side that lost against Leeds United.

Mark Davies returned from injury to make his first appearance of the season, while there were also starts for Dorian Dervite and Dean Moxey.

Elsewhere Andy Lonergan started in goal in place of the injured Adam Bogdan.

FIRST HALF

In what was an even start to the first half, both sides were keen to press forward when given the opportunity.

The returning Mark Davies looked sharp on the ball for Wanderers, and was linking up well with Lee Chung-Young, Liam Feeney and Joe Mason, but with Wednesday doing well to get bodies behind the ball, the Whites were looking at their most threatening from set-pieces.

Bolton’s first chances of the match both fell to centre-back Dorian Dervite as the Frenchman twice rose highest to connect with two inswinging corners from debutant Owen Garvan, but he was unable to beat Wednesday keeper Kieren Westwood on both occasions.

At the other end Atdhe Nuhiu thought he had given the Owls the lead with a clever turn and volley in the box, only to see his strike chalked off for an infringement, while Matt Mills had to be alert to clear Chris Maguire’s goalbound effort off the line with Andy Lonergan beaten.

Wednesday saw stoppage time penalty claims turned away by referee Andy Haines after Nuhiu went down in the penalty area under pressure from Lonergan, but in a half of few chances both sides went in at the break with the scores goalless.

SECOND HALF

The visitors looked the brighter of the two sides after the break, and were unfortunate not to take the lead after Joe Mattock’s far post diving header somehow failed to hit the target with Lonergan left scrambling.

Wanderers fought back however, and could have taken the lead themselves on the hour-mark as Mark Davies’s blocked effort fell kindly to Jay Spearing on the edge of the area, but the Trotters’ captain could only fire straight at Westwood.

Nuhiu came close with another chance for Wednesday moments later, as Lonergan stood tall to palm the forward’s powerful strike away.

Lonergan was called into action once again soon after when Stevie May tried his luck from range, however the forward’s powerful strike was just off-target with the Whites keeper getting down well to cover his near post.

Jermaine Beckford and Craig Davies were introduced to the action in place of Mason and Garvan, while Darren Pratley replaced Mark Davies as Bolton switched to two upfront in their bid to clinch the win.

But despite an increased sense of urgency with balls being floated into the Wednesday area from either flank, the Owls backline held their nerve to prevent the Trotters from testing Westwood.

Wednesday continued to push and almost snatched a late winner only to be denied by Spearing, the Bolton captain being in the right place at the right time to claw a Tom Lees header off the line.

Substitute Royston Drenthe, May and Nuhiu all came close for Wednesday late on, but ultimately the visitors were also unable to find the breakthrough as Dougie Freedman’s side held on to claim a share of the points.

FULL TIME

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

55BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Sat Sep 13 2014, 19:43

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

This game just showed that Dougie isn't learning from his mistakes, when we first signed Mason, we played him on his own up front and he was more use than a chocolate fireguard. Yet when he brought him on for the 2nd spell he was a lot better due to the fact he was in a 2 man attack.

So what does the fuck does Doug do today, shove the poor bastard on his own up front with 2 huge centre backs behind him!!

I dispare at how bad things are right now.

56BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Sat Sep 13 2014, 20:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The thing that was most obvious today was the lack of heart within the team. I'd go as far as saying many of the players were going through the motions, there really was very little effort.

And that's the crux of the matter for me. In my lifetime watching BWFC there have been loads of shite teams with no ability, but they've always had passion and commitment. It's a cliché, but this team really are a load of overpaid, underperforming ponces, they are a disgrace to the great players of the past that have worn the white shirt.

And when I see the happy clappers literally clapping them off at the end I just despair for the future of BWFC and football in general. When are people going to wake up and realise these players are paid huge wages, the very least we should expect is effort.

Recent shenanigans have shown there is a complete lack of discipline within the club, and you saw the results on the pitch today. And when the manager comes out after the game and calls those lazy fuckwits "brave" you know we're all being conned. I urge everyone not to go on Tuesday.

57BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Sat Sep 13 2014, 20:43

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

aaron_bwfc wrote:This game just showed that Dougie isn't learning from his mistakes, when we first signed Mason, we played him on his own up front and he was more use than a chocolate fireguard. Yet when he brought him on for the 2nd spell he was a lot better due to the fact he was in a 2 man attack.

So what does the fuck does Doug do today, shove the poor bastard on his own up front with 2 huge centre backs behind him!!

Everybody knows Mason was crap first time round because he was up there on his own, and he was great second time round because he had another striker to feed off. Nothing is more obvious about any player in the whole squad, and it's just that that makes the decision so appealing. It's like he has to do what the fans wouldn't do, and show that he's cleverer than them.

58BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Sat Sep 13 2014, 21:28

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

If you've watched Blackadder, you'll know that General Melchet's battle strategy was always to do the exact opposite of what the opposition would logically expect.......despite the fact that the plans were always bonkers and led to disaster. 

I presume that DF didn't realise that we were meant to laugh at this crazy lunatic, because he seems to be trying to copy Melchet, adopt the same persona and disastrous strategies.

It's hard to think of many more ways in which Dougie could have made a mess of team selection with so many players being misused. The only thing left would be to play Lonergan as a striker.

It amazes me that people predict a score before each match, when the choice of players, positions and tactics beggars belief and makes prediction impossible. The only guessable thing today was that our player of the month would not feature.

DF is a master at demoralising players and fans. He and PG are tearing the heart out of a once-proud club and I can't bear to stand by helpless, but can do nothing to stop it.

59BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Sat Sep 13 2014, 22:20

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

as soon as i saw the team i knew it would be a struggle, Mason cannot play upfront on his own. Craig Davies has been praised by the manager recently and his reward? You guessed it - dropped to the bench.
And again square pegs in round holes, why play Feeney on the left and not play Hayden White at right back instead of moving Ream yet again?
We could and should have been beaten today no matter what PR bullshit Freedman comes out with, he needs to go now!

60BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 0-0 Sheffield Weds Sat Sep 13 2014, 22:34

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Another joyous exhibition of all that is wrong with the little Jock shite ( oh bollocks is that racist ? ) Mason up front alone ? does he never learn ? Feeney on the left,please ? Great to see Mavies back though,bossed the game early on whilst playing in the heart of midfield but as soon as our genius pushed him forward he hardly saw the ball. Pratley coming on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beckford coming on ahead of Cavies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are fucked while that little tit is in charge,roll on tuesday for another mystery tour !!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum