Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 3-2 Rotherham

+21
JAH
Reebok_Rebel
bwfc71
observer
boltonbonce
okocha
karlypants
Norpig
Mr Magoo
rammywhite
gloswhite
bryan458
Numpty 28723
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
luckyPeterpiper
Soul Kitchen
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
MartinBWFC
25 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Empty Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Sat Sep 13 2014, 20:13

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Unless Freedman has the skin of a Rhino, he needs to go for this, if he sets up not to lose, the Macron will become very toxic, and he maybe wise to walk at half time, I see nothing in Freedmans armour to suggest he will set us up for a win, wouldn't want to be in his shoes on Tuesday, you're in for a rough ride, totally deserved too.

2Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Sat Sep 13 2014, 20:16

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'm going away for 2 weeks next Friday - I hope to God we are under new management when I come back for the game on the 3rd October, I can't sit through much more of this shit.

3Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Sat Sep 13 2014, 20:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Everyone must boycott this game, I know I am.

Imagine if no one turned up except a few hundred Rotherham fans.

4Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Sat Sep 13 2014, 20:56

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Rotherham will be right up for this one, they'll have a little look at the table and think they can get a result.

1-1.

5Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Sun Sep 14 2014, 00:49

scottjames30 wrote:Rotherham will be right up for this one, they'll have a little look at the table and think they can get a result.

With good reason - we're shite.

6Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Sun Sep 14 2014, 07:40

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Draw at best again, we are shit and we know we are!!
I'll be in the country just, but I'm not putting myself out to rush up to the funhouse.

7Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Sun Sep 14 2014, 10:28

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

aaron_bwfc wrote:I'm going away for 2 weeks next Friday - I hope to God we are under new management when I come back for the game on the 3rd October, I can't sit through much more of this shit.
we won't be. If it was gonna change it would have done it before the main transfer window shut and not when the loan window (which is the only one we can really use for inbound players) is already open. 

DF's safe till at least christmas.

8Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Sun Sep 14 2014, 22:08

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:Rotherham will be right up for this one, they'll have a little look at the table and think they can get a result.

1-1.

Funnily enough, 1-1 is also my prediction.

9Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Mon Sep 15 2014, 12:22

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Head and the league table "that never lies" says Rotherham will win 2 - 0. 

Heart is still praying for the magical transformation that needs to take place for us to hit our target of survival - but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't happen tomorrow.

10Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Mon Sep 15 2014, 12:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A thrashing will see the end of Freedman.

Come on you, er, I have no idea what colour Rotherham play in. But come on you Yorkshire boys!

11Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Mon Sep 15 2014, 12:57

Freedman's going to make another raft of changes, it's going to be another shite 0-0, with us conceding possession and impetus to them for large parts of the game, we'll have one or two shots on target, they'll hit the bar, nothing remotely positive will happen, Mark Davies (if selected and it's a big if) will get injured and he'll bang on about how "brave" and "honest" his players were and blah, blah, blah....

And we'll do it all again next week.

La Tristesse Durera........

12Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Mon Sep 15 2014, 13:07

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

They can play the Chuckle Brothers in defence if they want and we still won't trouble them. Loss.

13Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Mon Sep 15 2014, 13:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Freedman's going to make another raft of changes, it's going to be another shite 0-0, with us conceding possession and impetus to them for large parts of the game, we'll have one or two shots on target, they'll hit the bar, nothing remotely positive will happen, Mark Davies (if selected and it's a big if) will get injured and he'll bang on about how "brave" and "honest" his players were and blah, blah, blah....

And we'll do it all again next week.

La Tristesse Durera........

Why tristesse you miserable so-and-so?

We expect to get beaten.
We know we're shite and our players aren't good enough.
We are only 2 points below our target of survival and there's plenty of time i.e. 30 odd games to claw those back.
And we know the manager will try anything to get a performance out of these donkeys, even though it will probably fail miserably.

So if we're expecting a mullering what is there to be sad or angry about?
Surely we're in a win-win situation?

If we get beat, it's nothing more than we are expecting so there's no reason to be disappointed or angry about it.
If we get a point or even a win FFS, we've exceeded expectations so happy days are here again.

We just can't lose even if we lose!  ::dance::

14Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Mon Sep 15 2014, 13:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We'll all be winners if we lose. No more Dougie.

15Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Mon Sep 15 2014, 14:02

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I'd Support Rotherham for this gams if it meant getting rid of this tool!!!!!!!

16Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Mon Sep 15 2014, 14:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:We'll all be winners if we lose. No more Dougie.
You know that Dougie isn't the problem, that sacking him won't change anything and that the Board won't sack him anyway so why do you say this every week?

Despite being wrong every week?

I guess if you and your tunnel-visioned sycophants keep saying that Dougie is going to get sacked, eventually you will be right. As mentioned elsewhere, a broken clock tells the right time twice a day (unless it's a 24 hour clock)

Wake up and smell the coffee. Dougie has 32 matches remaining to bridge a 2 point gap and even this bunch of donkeys have a chance of doing that.

17Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Mon Sep 15 2014, 14:52

We're going round in circles here.......

For me, there are two distinctly separate things to consider in all this:

(A) The mythical / fabled "Plan" as outlined by Lusty above. (Hang about in the Championship for a few years, let the off-field assets mature and start again.)

and

(B) Does Freedman have the requisite ability as a football manager to achieve this.

If the answer to (B) is a resounding "no", which to all intents and purposes appears to be the case, then (A) is a non-starter.

And that's why I, for one, have changed my opinion about Freedman being bullet-proof in the eyes of Gartside.

I've always maintained that Gartside would accept finishing one point and place above relegation, provided the books started to balance in line with (A), but.........

....it's starting to look like there is a very real risk that even that modest target is unrealistic with Freedman at the helm and that's why I now think Gartside may act at some point, sooner rather than later.

It's starting to look like the players have lost interest in Freedman's constant tinkering and strange selection policy and that's what's really killing us.

I'm not saying that they're deliberately setting out to sabotage his plans, but it doesn't look to me like they're busting a gut to vindicate him either.

I honestly believe that we're at a point now where it doesn't matter who's in charge, it could be freedman, Ferguson or Ancelotti - the malaise and negativity surrounding the team needs sweeping away and I think the only way to do it is with a new manager.

18Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Mon Sep 15 2014, 15:37

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I predict a 3-1 win for us, as that is exactly what we don't need if we want to get rid of Freedman. He's led a charmed life for some time, and I can't see it changing until we hit rock bottom.

19Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Mon Sep 15 2014, 16:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:We're going round in circles here.......

For me, there are two distinctly separate things to consider in all this:

(A) The mythical / fabled "Plan" as outlined by Lusty above. (Hang about in the Championship for a few years, let the off-field assets mature and start again.)

and

(B) Does Freedman have the requisite ability as a football manager to achieve this.

If  the answer to (B) is a resounding "no", which to all intents and purposes appears to be the case, then (A) is a non-starter.

And that's why I, for one, have changed my opinion about Freedman being bullet-proof in the eyes of Gartside.

I've always maintained that Gartside would accept finishing one point and place above relegation, provided the books started to balance in line with (A), but.........

....it's starting to look like there is a very real risk that even that modest target is unrealistic with Freedman at the helm and that's why I now think Gartside may act at some point, sooner rather than later.

It's starting to look like the players have lost interest in Freedman's constant tinkering and strange selection policy and that's what's really killing us.

I'm not saying that they're deliberately setting out to sabotage his plans, but it doesn't look to me like they're busting a gut to vindicate him either.

I honestly believe that we're at a point now where it doesn't matter who's in charge, it could be freedman, Ferguson or Ancelotti - the malaise and negativity surrounding the team needs sweeping away and I think the only way to do it is with a new manager.

Broadly agree although B) doesn't make sense. If the question is "Does Freedman have the requisite ability to keep BWFC in the Championship for a few years until we have some money to spend?" then the answer is maybe. After all he's only 2 points off that target as we stand.

Whilst you may feel that it may be useful to have a new manager to change the mindset of the players (and you're not alone in this) the Board are surely thinking 1) why rush? we were unlucky at Leeds so Dougie's not that far off turning it around anyway - Eddie looked reasonably contented 2) we have invested emotionally in Dougie's approach to dealing with the required austerity so if we pull out now we'll look stupid 3) if we're stuck with a load of crap barrel-scrapings, we might as well keep Dougie as he's the one who has shown faith in them by signing them in the first place and he's known some of them for a while so he's in a better position to deal with them than a stranger 4) it will cost us to get out of our contract with Dougie 5) it will cost us to recruit a new manager 6) a new manager would probably want to sign players which we can't afford to do 7) anyone who would willingly accept the type of contract we as a Board would be willing to offer would have to be shite or stupid or both.

20Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Mon Sep 15 2014, 17:00

Point (B) makes perfect sense.

Is Freedman capable of keeping the team in the Championship whilst all the "off-the-field" stuff gets sorted?

Sorry if it was unclear.

(Not that it was....obviously. I wrote it.)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum