Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 3-2 Rotherham

+21
JAH
Reebok_Rebel
bwfc71
observer
boltonbonce
okocha
karlypants
Norpig
Mr Magoo
rammywhite
gloswhite
bryan458
Numpty 28723
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
luckyPeterpiper
Soul Kitchen
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
MartinBWFC
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41Bolton 3-2 Rotherham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Tue Sep 16 2014, 14:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You guys make me laugh.
Try reading what I wrote instead of jumping to conclusions (which is what I was writing about if you'd bothered to read it properly)
Jah 
1) I said 3 year olds believe in Santa, not "people in the world" believe in Santa
2) At no stage did I ever say that I believe that Dougie will come good given time. Personally I think he's shit and will never improve.
3) If you actually read what I said you'd realise that I am pointing out that conclusions have been jumped to. Not saying they're the wrong conclusions. Just saying we need to think about what happens if they are the wrong conclusions as we've no way of knowing for sure as yet.
Whittam:
1) Not suggesting anyone is crazy. Just saying that anyone who thinks that changing the manager is the panacea that will solve all our problems - as the "majority" clique including you seem to think - is probably living in cloud cuckoo land. It won't IMO.
2) Contrary to your slanderous diatribe I have been quite vocal about Dougie's signings, consistently saying if you pay peanuts you get monkeys and that we shouldn't expect any more than what we've been getting. 
Norpig:
Basically you're right about the problems but wrong about my opinion. I know the problem's on the pitch and that Dougie hasn't improved things, but this nonsense about "getting rid of the troublesome elements" isn't Dougie speaking - it's the PR idiots trying to smooth over why we had to sell our top players to save money who wrote that crap. I don't rate Dougie as a manager but in my opinion he will be given every chance to sort it out whether the fans like it or not. This isn't like Megson when there was lots of cash to switch things around swilling about. And who wants another repeat of what happened last time the Board allegedly listened to the fans and ended up appointing Coyle?

Frankly nobody cares what any of us thinks about it and you can repeat the mantra about getting rid of the manager till the cows come home, but the Board will only sack him when they're good and ready (and only then if it looks like we're heading for relegation) and even if they do sack him it won't be the answer to our problems.

Say it as many times as you like - SACKING FREEDMAN WON'T SOLVE ALL OUR PROBLEMS. even if he is (as I think) shit.

42Bolton 3-2 Rotherham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Tue Sep 16 2014, 14:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

SACKING FREEDMAN WON'T SOLVE ALL OUR PROBLEMS.

Take your own advice - how do you know?

For all you know we could be on the verge of the next golden era - all it needs is a manager like Bruce Rioch.

43Bolton 3-2 Rotherham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Tue Sep 16 2014, 14:57

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Wandy I think sacking Freedman WILL help our situation, as has been said, this group of players, whilst not being world class, they are much better than our league position suggests.

For a starter, if we had a manager that had a gameplan, stuck to a settled X1, played players in their correct positions, keep in form players playing, and had some sort of idea how to switch things, when we are struggling, then I think you'd agree we'd be in a much healthier position.

As it stands Freedman has shown over and over, that lessons have not been learned, constantly tinkering, dropping form players, having a left footed player at right back, and a right footed player at left midfield is just an example of the many, many mistakes this clown has made, yet week after week, he just goes on making them.

It's all well and good him banging on about lowering the budget, which to be fair he had to, but any old Joe Bloggs on the street could have had that one covered, another concern is players fitness levels, never have we had as many niggles and muscle injuries as we have had with Coyle and now Freedman, break it all down, and your theory about not improving should we bin Freedman, seems somewhat challenged.

44Bolton 3-2 Rotherham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Tue Sep 16 2014, 15:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

SACKING FREEDMAN WON'T SOLVE ALL OUR PROBLEMS.

Take your own advice - how do you know?

Quite right - I don't.

I just don't believe it will.

45Bolton 3-2 Rotherham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Tue Sep 16 2014, 15:32

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We'll take a 2-0 lead, blow it after Freedman sacrifices a striker in favour of a defender....... 2-2

46Bolton 3-2 Rotherham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Tue Sep 16 2014, 15:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:Wandy I think sacking Freedman WILL help our situation, as has been said, this group of players, whilst not being world class, they are much better than our league position suggests.

For a starter, if we had a manager that had a gameplan, stuck to a settled X1, played players in their correct positions, keep in form players playing, and had some sort of idea how to switch things, when we are struggling, then I think you'd agree we'd be in a much healthier position.

As it stands Freedman has shown over and over, that lessons have not been learned, constantly tinkering, dropping form players, having a left footed player at right back, and a right footed player at left midfield is just an example of the many, many mistakes this clown has made, yet week after week, he just goes on making them.

It's all well and good him banging on about lowering the budget, which to be fair he had to, but any old Joe Bloggs on the street could have had that one covered, another concern is players fitness levels, never have we had as many niggles and muscle injuries as we have had with Coyle and now Freedman, break it all down, and your theory about not improving should we bin Freedman, seems somewhat challenged.
Was my theory that we won't improve if we bin Freedman?

Well no it wasn't.

It was that it won't solve all our problems. We'll still have the same shit players and no money to replace them for a start. Are these players any better than the league table suggests? No - and there is no evidence whatsoever to suggest that they should be anywhere other than exactly where they are.

You talk about changing systems and playing players out of position as if it somehow undermines the ability of professionals to pass to a team mate, find space, control the ball etc.

Do you really believe that? I don't. I think it's an overused cliche of an excuse.

Some people have mentioned pride, passion and attitude as being an issue. If you look at the journeyman senior players we have, motivation should never be a problem in a month of Sundays - even if Dougie was banging their WAGs on the kitchen table in front of them. 

Freedman is A problem, but being stuck with poor quality players for the foreseeable future is THE problem in my opinion and not a problem that will be resolved by Freedman leaving.

47Bolton 3-2 Rotherham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Tue Sep 16 2014, 15:52

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Was my theory that we won't improve if we bin Freedman?

Is that what they're calling him now? bin Freedman Laughing

48Bolton 3-2 Rotherham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Tue Sep 16 2014, 15:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

Freedman is A problem, but being stuck with poor quality players for the foreseeable future is THE problem in my opinion and not a problem that will be resolved by Freedman leaving.

Perhaps our next manager will be able to differentiate between a footballer and a donkey?

49Bolton 3-2 Rotherham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Tue Sep 16 2014, 15:58

"Freedman is A problem, but being stuck with poor quality players for the foreseeable future is THE problem in my opinion and not a problem that will be resolved by Freedman leaving."

Shit players - Agreed?

Freedman's inability to get them playing well is ONE of our problems - Agreed?

We are currently staring down the barrel of a big gun and if we continue in the same vain, we may well get relegated - Agreed?

If we stick with Freedman, things may improve, but all the empirical data, stats and general trend would suggest otherwise - Agreed?

If we sack Freedman and replace him with another manager, things may improve - Agreed?

If we sack Freedman and replace him with another manager, things may stay the same and we still run the risk of being relegated - Agreed?

So what do we do.......?

If it were me making the call, I'd weigh it all up and probably come to the conclusion that new blood is required, as Freedman's approach doesn't appear to be reaping dividends.

What have we got to lose?

50Bolton 3-2 Rotherham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Tue Sep 16 2014, 16:09

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We'll win easy.

51Bolton 3-2 Rotherham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Tue Sep 16 2014, 16:11

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:We'll win easy.

I'd be gutted, all this banner work and bad attitude , then we win?

52Bolton 3-2 Rotherham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Tue Sep 16 2014, 16:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lots of variables there and yes I agree for the most part.

Except it's spelt "vein" in that context Smile

And what we have to lose is money via the cost of paying off DF and his staff plus the cost of recruiting. Money is not our strongpoint ATM and if the Board refuse Dougie £300k to get an international full back like Dyrekam or a decent striker then there's no way they'd cough up the £2 million or so it would cost to switch managers - especially as we're only 2 points off our target. 

We could actually win tonight and be ahead of target.
Plus Dougie has a track record of turning it around from this position so I'd be surprised if they got trigger happy any time soon. You never know though.

53Bolton 3-2 Rotherham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Tue Sep 16 2014, 16:12

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i admire your optimism Hipster, i'm not so confident

54Bolton 3-2 Rotherham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Tue Sep 16 2014, 19:14

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Here we go again, tinkering for tinkerings sake, another 11 strangers getting trotted out again, I pray we get hammered tonight, I seriously cannot take any more of this loons selections.

55Bolton 3-2 Rotherham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Tue Sep 16 2014, 19:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Shaky Douglas bin Freedman could manage Al Seeya in Qatar perhaps?

56Bolton 3-2 Rotherham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Tue Sep 16 2014, 21:57

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mason is shit.

57Bolton 3-2 Rotherham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Tue Sep 16 2014, 22:12

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Still have 2 listeners on Radio Nuts, they must be enjoying "late night love"! Very Happy

58Bolton 3-2 Rotherham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Tue Sep 16 2014, 22:17

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Smile

59Bolton 3-2 Rotherham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Tue Sep 16 2014, 23:18

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Mason looked very lightweight today. Pushed off the ball too much, yes he scored 3 but how many chances did he scuff? 

Wanker.

60Bolton 3-2 Rotherham - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Rotherham Wed Sep 17 2014, 08:26

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

come on Rebel lighten up, he scored a hat trick for gods sake!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum