Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton v Derby

+16
observer
MartinBWFC
BoltonTillIDie
Bolton Nuts
finlaymcdanger
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
terenceanne
luckyPeterpiper
Copper Dragon
Keegan
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
Norpig
karlypants
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Bolton v Derby Empty Bolton v Derby Sun Sep 21 2014, 13:58

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Our next up and coming game is against Derby at 3pm on Saturday the 27th Sep and also at home.

How do you guys think we will do?

Another loss perhaps?

I feel another defeat with this one, my prediction Bolton 0-2 Derby

2Bolton v Derby Empty Re: Bolton v Derby Mon Sep 22 2014, 08:53

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i feel the same KP, no optimism for this game can only see another defeat. But i live in hope i will be proved wrong!

3Bolton v Derby Empty Re: Bolton v Derby Mon Sep 22 2014, 09:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At the moment, it's hard to see us winning any games. Dougie has tried different players and different systems and there's been a lot of huffing and puffing but it's just not come together yet, even when we scraped past Rotherham. 
I do think the results have been getting a little closer though recently and there's a case to say that some games we lost could have gone our way with a bit of luck, but there's no way we can have much confidence in getting that luck or seeing a sudden upturn in the quality of the team.
Logically, Derby will play us off the park. Illogically, we'll suddenly find form and everything will come together on the day for once.
Whilst we should in theory lose to a well-balanced Derby side, I'm going to predict a draw.

4Bolton v Derby Empty Re: Bolton v Derby Mon Sep 22 2014, 18:41

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think Derby will just edge it. Bolton 0 Derby 1

5Bolton v Derby Empty Re: Bolton v Derby Mon Sep 22 2014, 20:18

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Bolton 2 - Derby 0. Beckford brace.

No, I'm quite sober and totally serious. Neutral

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

6Bolton v Derby Empty Re: Bolton v Derby Mon Sep 22 2014, 20:45

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Derby are by far the best footballing side in the division, but they can be got at and they've conceded 10 goals already.

I believe that Derby will have at least 60% possession over the whole game and unfortunately will run out 1-3 winners.

Unless Douglas activates a cunning plan that is.

7Bolton v Derby Empty Re: Bolton v Derby Tue Sep 23 2014, 08:05

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

us 0 - 2 derby

8Bolton v Derby Empty Re: Bolton v Derby Tue Sep 23 2014, 20:38

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

And to quote a Bolton legend .... "We were below Derby when I took over"  Ginger.

Now still below Derby and hoping to nick a point......Grand int it.

9Bolton v Derby Empty Re: Bolton v Derby Tue Sep 23 2014, 20:39

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think this will be high scoring as both teams are shite at the back. Fully expecting ibe to rip team to shreds. 3-3

10Bolton v Derby Empty Re: Bolton v Derby Tue Sep 23 2014, 20:40

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If we can draw with Forest we can get a point against this lot , if we up our game .

But we wont, Bolton 1-3 Derby.

11Bolton v Derby Empty Re: Bolton v Derby Fri Sep 26 2014, 12:45

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Bolton v Derby

SETTING THE SCENE

Following Wednesday’s resolute display against Premier League leaders Chelsea, Wanderers head into Saturday’s game with Derby County keen secure back-to-back home victories having beaten Rotherham United the last time out at BL6.

However, in the form of Steve McClaren’s Rams, they face one of the toughest teams in the Championship and a side that has just lost just once so far this season.

While it is Derby who hold the superior record in this fixture, it Bolton who have had the best of recent meetings having not lost against their East Midlands opponents since 2002.

ALL-TIME RECORD

Bolton winsDrawsDerby wins
League402157
League Cup200
FA Cup302
Total452159

TEAM NEWS

Kevin McNaughton could make his first appearance since last month’s clash with Middlesbrough, having been an unused substitute in Wanderers’ last two matches.

Elsewhere, Chris Herd could make his maiden Whites’ league appearance having made his Bolton debut in the midweek clash with Chelsea, while Max Clayton could also come into contention to make his first appearance for the club.

Meanwhile, Adam Bogdan, Liam Trotter and David Wheater remain long-term absentees for Bolton, while Marc Tierney and Sanmi Odelusi will also miss out.

LAST TIME OUT

23/09/2014: Derby County 2-0 Reading (Russell 67, Pearce OG 82)

Goals from Johnny Russell and an Alex Pearce own goal ensured Derby clinched a rather straight-forward victory over Reading as they secured their path to the Capital One Cup fourth round.

After a goalless first half, striker Russell fired the Rams in front midway through the second half, running onto Chris Martin’s flick-on and beating two defenders before finding the back of the net with a low drive.

Martin turned provider again late on as Derby wrapped up the win, the forward whipping a cross into the six-yard box which was deflected into his own goal by Pearce.

Derby:Roos, Forsyth, Keogh, Shotton, Christie, Hughes (Martin 64), Bryson (Eustace 83), Mascarell, Ibe, Best (Dawkins 76), Russell.

ONE TO WATCH

With five goals to his name already this season, Derby County forward Jamie Ward has started the campaign in fine form.

An Aston Villa youth team graduate, the Northern Ireland international joined Torquay United in July 2006, however, a change of manager saw him depart for Chesterfield just six months later.

Ward signed for Sheffield United in January 2009, before joining Derby, initially on loan, little over two years later.

After scoring five goals in 13 appearances during what was a successful loan spell at the iPro Stadium, Ward made the move permanent in May 2011, and has been a consistent supplier of goals for the Rams ever since.

LAST TIME THEY WERE HERE

17/09/2013: Bolton Wanderers 2-2 Derby County (Bapitste 5, Eagles 41, Russell 7, 18.)

Wanderers came from behind to draw against Derby at BL6 as goals from Alex Baptiste and Chris Eagles cancelled out as Johnny Russell brace.

Baptiste actually fired the Whites in front after just five minutes, the defender shooting home from the edge of the area.

But two simple finishes from Russell turned the game on its head inside the opening quarter, before Eagles’ 25-yard strike levelled the scores once again just before the break, ensuring Bolton went away with a share of the points.

MAN IN THE MIDDLE

East Yorkshire-based referee Mark Brown takes charge of Wanderers’ home clash with Derby County this week as Dougie Freedman’s side return to Championship following their midweek trip to Stamford Bridge.

Mr Brown has taken charge of two Whites’ fixtures in the past, while Saturday’s match will mark his second at Macron Stadium, having overseen Bolton’s 3-2 victory over Bristol City in October 2012 – a game in which club captain Jay Spearing scored his first goal for the club.

Simon Barrow and Darren Strain will run the line, while Mark Astley is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

12Bolton v Derby Empty Re: Bolton v Derby Fri Sep 26 2014, 13:02

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:If we can draw with Forest we can get a point against this lot , if we up our game .

whats all this "we" business? When did Chelsea play Forest recently Very Happy

13Bolton v Derby Empty Re: Bolton v Derby Fri Sep 26 2014, 15:08

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:If we can draw with Forest we can get a point against this lot , if we up our game .

whats all this "we" business? When did Chelsea play Forest recently Very Happy
Urm Urm, I mean you. Suspect

14Bolton v Derby Empty Re: Bolton v Derby Fri Sep 26 2014, 19:47

It's hard being a Billy bullshitter isn't it. You're no nat yet

15Bolton v Derby Empty Re: Bolton v Derby Fri Sep 26 2014, 20:08

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:It's hard being a Billy bullshitter isn't it. You're no nat yet
And who would want to be a shit stirring, woman pretending, Preston living pleb like her? absolutely nobody.

#justdontgetit.

16Bolton v Derby Empty Re: Bolton v Derby Fri Sep 26 2014, 20:25

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:
And who would want to be a shit stirring, woman  pretending, Preston living pleb like her? absolutely nobody.

#justdontgetit.

This isn't twitter.

17Bolton v Derby Empty Re: Bolton v Derby Fri Sep 26 2014, 20:41

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:
And who would want to be a shit stirring, woman  pretending, Preston living pleb like her? absolutely nobody.

#justdontgetit.

This isn't twitter.
But you're still a twat.

18Bolton v Derby Empty Re: Bolton v Derby Fri Sep 26 2014, 20:43

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Still waiting for my apology from when I embarrassed you in the head to head poll

19Bolton v Derby Empty Re: Bolton v Derby Fri Sep 26 2014, 21:01

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

From the biggest Bolton fan on here, fuckoff!!!

20Bolton v Derby Empty Re: Bolton v Derby Fri Sep 26 2014, 21:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:You're no nat yet

One more comment and it's official death threat time for you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum