Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 3-1 Brentford

+20
bryan458
doffcocker
observer
Keegan
Sluffy
Barryjw
ege66
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
Numpty 28723
Jack Russell
terenceanne
boltonbonce
karlypants
wanderlust
Norpig
gloswhite
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
BoltonTillIDie
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Bolton 3-1 Brentford  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Brentford Sat Oct 25 2014, 14:13

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lonergan, McNaughton, Dervite, Mills, Ream, Spearing, Pratley, Danns, Chung-Yong, Beckford, Mason 

subs: Kenny, Moxey, Hall, Clayton, M Davies, Vela, C Davies

22Bolton 3-1 Brentford  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Brentford Sat Oct 25 2014, 14:15

There's goals in that, there team !

NLSWA!

23Bolton 3-1 Brentford  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Brentford Sat Oct 25 2014, 14:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mason made it but otherwise as expected - Moxey scored but was otherwise dodgy but I'm not sure Ream will do better at LB but I hope he gets forward. Thought Mavies had a poorly knee so surprised he's on the bench. Wonder if they'll play this 433, 4132, 442, 4312 or what?

24Bolton 3-1 Brentford  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Brentford Sat Oct 25 2014, 14:36

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Couldn't care less what system is used today as long as we win! Preferably by a country mile.

25Bolton 3-1 Brentford  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Brentford Sat Oct 25 2014, 14:54

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Pratts three games in a row now......they must see somat the rest of us can't see.

COYWM

26Bolton 3-1 Brentford  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Brentford Sat Oct 25 2014, 14:55

He's our emergency left winger.

27Bolton 3-1 Brentford  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Brentford Sat Oct 25 2014, 14:55

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Baffling.

28Bolton 3-1 Brentford  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Brentford Sat Oct 25 2014, 15:00

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Live streaming link available in the Chatbox (thanks to LG).

29Bolton 3-1 Brentford  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Brentford Sat Oct 25 2014, 17:15

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

The second half was far more entertaining than the first. The touch on display by Mavies for his goal was awesome and the presence of mind and composure by Lonners and Cravies for the third goal brought joy to an old man's heart. I won't say we've turned the corner by any means yet, but it was refreshing to see passes being strung together by our players! When did they learn to do that?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

30Bolton 3-1 Brentford  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Brentford Sat Oct 25 2014, 17:26

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Keegan wrote:The second half was far more entertaining than the first. The touch on display by Mavies for his goal was awesome and the presence of mind and composure by Lonners and Cravies for the third goal brought joy to an old man's heart. I won't say we've turned the corner by any means yet, but it was refreshing to see passes being strung together by our players! When did they learn to do that?
In 3 weeks, we have learned that we should not be in the bottom 3 and that the players would not play for Dougie.  Let's hope Lennon improves our defense and our finishing.  I love watching the attacking game and our passing looks like a totally different team on the pitch.  Lonnie really controlled the box today and his confidence level is sky high.  Cravies found the net from midfield... a far cry from that miserable attempt on the penalty.  Mavies showed why he should be playing every game with great moves in the box before scoring. Of course, we won against some of the easier teams, but we need the confidence and the points.  The next four games are all winnable, and perhaps we can get enough points to get out of the basement.

31Bolton 3-1 Brentford  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Brentford Sat Oct 25 2014, 17:28

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Solid performance but nothing more.

Much better pressing higher up the pitch, Danns in particular was good + a small improvement in passing and movement. The quality in the final third is still extremely poor and needs work. 

All in all we deserved the points, good start for Lennon with plenty to do.

32Bolton 3-1 Brentford  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Brentford Sat Oct 25 2014, 17:37

Calm down, Hipster, being over exuberant and getting all excited like that, you might have a stroke........

33Bolton 3-1 Brentford  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Brentford Sat Oct 25 2014, 17:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Calm down, Hipster, being over exuberant and getting all excited like that, you might have a stroke........
.. or several... Shocked

34Bolton 3-1 Brentford  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Brentford Sat Oct 25 2014, 17:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Six bookings today. Need to get that under control or by the time they hit top form everyone will be suspended!

Thanks to Brum's 8 goal thrashing we;ve actually overtaken them. Didn't expect that.

35Bolton 3-1 Brentford  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Brentford Sat Oct 25 2014, 18:16

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

At last some passion on a football pitch at the Reebok Macron, we didn't make it easy for ourselves after they scored and to be honest I expected the equaliser to come but fair play to the lads, they defended well.

Chungy and Danns were fooking superb! :clap:

36Bolton 3-1 Brentford  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Brentford Sat Oct 25 2014, 18:24

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Thoroughly enjoyed the match.
Can't say we always looked like scoring - there is a lack of quality up front - but we were organised, played with urgency and there were flashes of fantastic football.
It's such a breath of fresh air seeing Lennon on the touchline shouting, bawling, pointing, after two years of Dougie standing there lifelessly as he came up with his next cunning chess move.

Plenty of teams as poor as Brentford have come to the Macron and looked like the home team. Apart from a spell towards the end, they were never really in it.

37Bolton 3-1 Brentford  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Brentford Sat Oct 25 2014, 18:27

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Excellent second half, More, well everything, went away happy for the first time since Blackburn last season, the passing was so much better, and Lennon kicking off in the dugout was priceless, more of this please!!!!!

38Bolton 3-1 Brentford  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Brentford Sat Oct 25 2014, 18:28

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

My eyes did not deceive me.... Lonnie passing the ball out instead of the hoof on many occasions.....then the throw to Cavies was the topper.  Mavies showed what he can do in less than 5 minutes on the pitch.  And for those that like a good shift...it was there IMO. 
Overall we deserved it. Becks gets brushed off the ball to easily for my liking. The final third is still a problem. 
Good job Neil & the lads.....carry on.

39Bolton 3-1 Brentford  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Brentford Sat Oct 25 2014, 18:36

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't see what anyone who went to the game has to moan about - the second half was top notch entertainment, two teams both playing to win. It's called entertainment, the sole reason football was invented.

True, we lack quality all over the pitch but a bit of effort can reap results, as it did today. Can't be arsed with any negatives today, I go to football games to be entertained and see some passion on the pitch. I got both today.

Fuck off Dougie you disgrace to the game of football.

40Bolton 3-1 Brentford  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 3-1 Brentford Sat Oct 25 2014, 18:43

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I don't see what anyone who went to the game has to moan about - the second half was top notch entertainment, two teams both playing to win. It's called entertainment, the sole reason football was invented.

True, we lack quality all over the pitch but a bit of effort can reap results, as it did today. Can't be arsed with any negatives today, I go to football games to be entertained and see some passion on the pitch. I got both today.

Fuck off Dougie you disgrace to the game of football.

You pissed?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum