Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wylde One!

3 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Wylde One! Empty Wylde One! Tue May 01 2012, 14:06

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Wylde has been left to kick his heels on the training pitch after FIFA failed to rubber-stamp the Scotland U21 international’s move to Bolton from the administration-hit club outside of the transfer window.

“Frustration doesn’t cover it now,” said Coyle.

“We’ve submitted everything that we feel needs to be submitted for Gregg Wylde to be made available to play in games.

“If I can draw a comparison to Mervan Celik – I think they left Glasgow Rangers on the same day, probably in similar circumstances, I would imagine. (Mervan Celik was given immediate clearance after leaving Rangers at the same time as Wylde and has since played 5 games)

“I think Gregg hadn’t been paid for coming up for a month, I would imagine that Mervan was the same and both of them left with no pay-off, so it was obvious that they were made redundant by a team in administration.

“I just can’t get my head round why we have not had the clearance for Gregg to be involved.”

From Bolton News -

And are we paying him then all this time? I think Fifa should be compensating us, not only are we paying wages but we are a player down!

2Wylde One! Empty Re: Wylde One! Tue May 01 2012, 14:08

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't fully understand it, clearly the lack of pay comes into it.

but we signed him "illegally" I.E outside the window, so that would mean we need special clearance to play him which they clearly aren't keen to give.

3Wylde One! Empty Re: Wylde One! Tue May 01 2012, 14:21

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Can anybody explain the law that's blocking the move?

I can understand a big fuss over whether a signing was made within a transfer deadline and stuff like that, but we're talking about a player who was released by his club and another came knocking.

I think FIFA just enjoys making a mountain out of a molehill. It's sport at the end of the day.

4Wylde One! Empty Re: Wylde One! Tue May 01 2012, 14:24

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's more about precedents isn't it.

If they grant us this, then clubs will see it as a right to sign anyone they want outside of the window as long as they waive pay for a couple of weeks.

I want Wylde to play as much as anyone but I'm not sure (unless I'm totally wrong on the rules) we can complain too much?

5Wylde One! Empty Re: Wylde One! Tue May 01 2012, 14:24

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

We did not sign him illegally. Clubs can sign free agents outside of the transfer window and clearance is pretty much instant. Another player was released from Rangers under the same circumstances but was given clearance immediately. We are still waiting and, it would appear, we have not really been told what the delay is.

6Wylde One! Empty Re: Wylde One! Tue May 01 2012, 14:28

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes but he wasn't released from his contract in the window, which i understand to be the rule.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum