Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lee stretchered off!

+16
Norpig
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
White84
Natasha Whittam
terenceanne
Boggersbelief
scottjames30
rammywhite
Mr Magoo
xmiles
luckyPeterpiper
Vendor
karlypants
Keegan
Sluffy
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

61Lee stretchered off! - Page 4 Empty Re: Lee stretchered off! Sat Jan 24 2015, 10:53

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:it would be nice to keep him until the end of the season but there is no way he will be playing for us next season.

Even if we somehow gain promotion?

62Lee stretchered off! - Page 4 Empty Re: Lee stretchered off! Sat Jan 24 2015, 10:57

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
Norpig wrote:it would be nice to keep him until the end of the season but there is no way he will be playing for us next season.

Even if we somehow gain promotion?
 thats a big if Boggers, but i suppose that would be the only way he would sign a new deal

63Lee stretchered off! - Page 4 Empty Re: Lee stretchered off! Sat Jan 24 2015, 11:00

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Big ask I grant you but we are only 11 points from 6th. And with le Fondre coming in we now have a goalscorer. I believe

64Lee stretchered off! - Page 4 Empty Re: Lee stretchered off! Sat Jan 24 2015, 11:07

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Big ask I grant you but we are only 11 points from 6th. And with le Fondre coming in we now have a goalscorer. I believe
 i hope so Boggers i really do  :pray:

65Lee stretchered off! - Page 4 Empty Re: Lee stretchered off! Sun Jan 25 2015, 08:41

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Big ask I grant you but we are only 11 points from 6th. And with le Fondre coming in we now have a goalscorer. I believe
 i hope so Boggers i really do  :pray:

......and whilst I don't want to decry last nights performance at Liverpool, the need for a goalscorer became much more obvious Two of the three men upfront (Heskey and Wilkinson) looked impotent in front of goal

66Lee stretchered off! - Page 4 Empty Re: Lee stretchered off! Sun Jan 25 2015, 09:08

Wilkinson didnt really get chance though. He came on to hussle and close down. Make it a bit more difficult for them to get the ball forward. We was already on lockdown by the time he came on. I think the one half chance he did get was too close and acute an angle.

Heskey on the other hand looked like a couple of times he could have got.him self in the box when feeney was out wide with the ball but didnt. He stood about 10-15 yards outside the box.

Dont know if this was what he was told to do but it was only ever eidur in the box

67Lee stretchered off! - Page 4 Empty Re: Lee stretchered off! Sun Jan 25 2015, 09:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

For my money Wilkinson simply isn't good enough. He had 30 mins last night and I'm not even sure he touched the ball. He can't hold the ball up, doesn't have the pace to beat defenders, and doesn't get into good positions in the box.

It's frustrating that Craig Davies has caught ponce disease, he looks to be the only forward we have with the skills to trouble the opposition.

68Lee stretchered off! - Page 4 Empty Re: Lee stretchered off! Sun Jan 25 2015, 09:22

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Natasha Whittam wrote:For my money Wilkinson simply isn't good enough. 
I agree. He may only have had a few games and is developing and all that business but he just doesn't have enough about him to cut it at the level we need him to. If he was going to be good enough he would be showing his potential by now and for me he isn't. I could see him playing for a team like Oldham a little lower down the ladder maybe, but the championship is too big for him and the premiership, no chance.

69Lee stretchered off! - Page 4 Empty Re: Lee stretchered off! Sun Jan 25 2015, 10:44

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

lets not write him off just yet, he needs a loan spell in maybe league 1 to get him used to a bit of rough and tumble, but i think he will come good in the near future.

70Lee stretchered off! - Page 4 Empty Re: Lee stretchered off! Sun Jan 25 2015, 10:49

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Brilliant. A young player gets 20 odd minutes against a top side and now has been written off. It would have been difficult for aguero to get into that game!

71Lee stretchered off! - Page 4 Empty Re: Lee stretchered off! Sun Jan 25 2015, 10:55

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought he did well, the second half was all about discipline front to back.

72Lee stretchered off! - Page 4 Empty Re: Lee stretchered off! Sun Jan 25 2015, 11:05

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought he did well, tasked with closing the defenders down to stop Liverpool having time to set up a meaningful attack

73Lee stretchered off! - Page 4 Empty Re: Lee stretchered off! Sun Jan 25 2015, 11:10

Natasha Whittam wrote:For my money Wilkinson simply isn't good enough. He had 30 mins last night and I'm not even sure he touched the ball. He can't hold the ball up, doesn't have the pace to beat defenders, and doesn't get into good positions in the box.

It's frustrating that Craig Davies has caught ponce disease, he looks to be the only forward we have with the skills to trouble the opposition.

I don't think he's ready for the first team yet, but that doesn't mean he's not going to develop into a decent player he's only just 20 after all.

He's obviously never going to be rapid so if he's going to be a 'target man' striker experience is vital, he'll also fill out a bit over the next few years which will help him with holding the ball up. Both of these things will come with games and training. We know he's a decent finisher, so give him time to improve the rest of his game, after all you wrote off Vela too and he's gone on to show he's more than capable.

74Lee stretchered off! - Page 4 Empty Re: Lee stretchered off! Sun Jan 25 2015, 11:15

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Boggersbelief wrote:Brilliant. A young player gets 20 odd minutes against a top side and now has been written off.
I'm not basing my whole opinion on the 20 mins against Liverpool Boggers. I've watched how Connor had done for a while. Looking at the 3 clubs he was on loan at and performances there and what I've seen in a wanderers shirt i'm just not convinced he's  got what it takes. I hope I'm wrong, I really do. I like nothing more than to see our youngsters come good. Time will tell.

75Lee stretchered off! - Page 4 Empty Re: Lee stretchered off! Sun Jan 25 2015, 11:31

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It would have been a big ask for Connor to come in and make a huge impact in the last half hour against Liverpool. We were pretty solidly on the back foot by then and I thought what he did he did quite well. I take people's point about him perhaps needing to get physically stronger and that he isn't Usain Bolt but for my money he has some potential that could well be honed. He has decent instincts for a start and in a different match with a little more room to get forward he'd have had a better chance to shine. 

That said I've only seen him when he's played for the first team not week in week out so I can't say categorically whether or not he'll make it. As others have said on here a loan spell in League One might just be what the doctor ordered. Either way I'm not going to denigrate the lad for not blasting Liverpool to shreds. He did a decent job in tough circumstances and that's really all we could reasonably ask him for at this stage in his development.

76Lee stretchered off! - Page 4 Empty Re: Lee stretchered off! Sun Jan 25 2015, 11:58

Bwfc1958 wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Brilliant. A young player gets 20 odd minutes against a top side and now has been written off.
I'm not basing my whole opinion on the 20 mins against Liverpool Boggers. I've watched how Connor had done for a while. Looking at the 3 clubs he was on loan at and performances there and what I've seen in a wanderers shirt i'm just not convinced he's  got what it takes. I hope I'm wrong, I really do. I like nothing more than to see our youngsters come good. Time will tell.

In fairness he's just turned 20 and has only made 16 senior appearances! (according to wiki) I'd imagine the majority of those are off the bench too so still hope for him yet.

77Lee stretchered off! - Page 4 Empty Re: Lee stretchered off! Sun Jan 25 2015, 12:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Unlike Hipster and Boggers I've been going to real live Bolton games since I was 6. I know when a player has potential and when a player is simply not good enough.

I'm happy to bet £500 with anyone on here that Wilkinson doesn't make it at BWFC or any Championship club.

78Lee stretchered off! - Page 4 Empty Re: Lee stretchered off! Sun Jan 25 2015, 12:05

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Lennon at this point sees something in Wilkinson so end of discussion, however to write a striker off at 20 years old well say no more. so much harder up front for a youngster.

79Lee stretchered off! - Page 4 Empty Re: Lee stretchered off! Sun Jan 25 2015, 12:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:Lennon at this point sees something in Wilkinson so end of discussion, however to write a striker off at 20 years old well say no more. so much harder up front for a youngster.

What a load of crap. Very few players were absolute donkeys at 20 but world beaters at 25.

At 20 it's obvious whether a player has potential or not.

80Lee stretchered off! - Page 4 Empty Re: Lee stretchered off! Sun Jan 25 2015, 12:14

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wessy wrote:Lennon at this point sees something in Wilkinson so end of discussion, however to write a striker off at 20 years old well say no more. so much harder up front for a youngster.

What a load of crap. Very few players were absolute donkeys at 20 but world beaters at 25.

At 20 it's obvious whether a player has potential or not.

You wrote off Vela at 19.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum