Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Books.

Books.

+21
Sluffy
wessy
gloswhite
Bwfc1958
Chairmanda
Cajunboy
karlypants
Lard Lad
Bollotom2014
Bread2.0
finlaymcdanger
Norpig
wanderlust
xmiles
Keegan
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
Mr Magoo
Reebok Trotter
okocha
boltonbonce
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 14]

81Books. - Page 5 Empty Re: Books. Wed Jan 11 2017, 19:30

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

He lived in that mill at the top of the hill on the left as you dropped down to the bus terminus behind the park.

82Books. - Page 5 Empty Re: Books. Wed Jan 11 2017, 19:42

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:He lived in that mill at the top of the hill on the left as you dropped down to the bus terminus behind the park.
Have you been stalking him? Shocked

83Books. - Page 5 Empty Re: Books. Thu Jan 12 2017, 10:05

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Books. - Page 5 830a1f10

84Books. - Page 5 Empty Re: Books. Sun Jan 22 2017, 15:29

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Norpig wrote:not got to that but yet but i remember the fuss in the press when he said he was a battered husband just after she died.

I've read the Hacienda one and the Joy Division book as well, both good reads and the Hacienda one is an eye opener, they didn't have a clue how to run a business.

If you like that kind of thing a book called the Shadowplayers is well worth a read, it's a very in-depth account of factory records from start to bitter end

Just finished Shadowplayers. As you say a definitive account of every thing Factory. Tony Wilson comes across as an even bigger prat in reality than when he was played by Steve Coogan in 24 Hour Party People.

85Books. - Page 5 Empty Re: Books. Sun Jan 22 2017, 16:36

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Tony Wilson-----You're Entitled  To An Opinion----- by David Nolan is worth a read too.

86Books. - Page 5 Empty Re: Books. Sun Jan 22 2017, 16:39

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Recently received this in the post. A friend of mine thought it might interest me.
Probably not my cup of tea,but I'll give it a go.
Books. - Page 5 51iB6BMLllL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_

87Books. - Page 5 Empty Re: Books. Sun Jan 22 2017, 20:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is it your autobiography?

88Books. - Page 5 Empty Re: Books. Sun Jan 22 2017, 20:57

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Is it your autobiography?
Razz Bastard!

89Books. - Page 5 Empty Re: Books. Mon Jan 23 2017, 10:51

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:Recently received this in the post. A friend of mine thought it might interest me.
Probably not my cup of tea,but I'll give it a go.
Books. - Page 5 51iB6BMLllL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_

Let me know how it is Bonce. I could be tempted to give that a go.

I'm reading Murakami's The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle. All a bit bonkers but I'm hooked on his stuff.

90Books. - Page 5 Empty Re: Books. Mon Jan 23 2017, 19:02

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

91Books. - Page 5 Empty Re: Books. Mon Jan 23 2017, 19:25

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

When you've finished reading it do let us know what you think.

92Books. - Page 5 Empty Re: Books. Mon Jan 23 2017, 19:29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:When you've finished reading it do let us know what you think.
No way am I trying to read that. It was produced in the 15th century. I'll ask Brucie if he has any info.

93Books. - Page 5 Empty Re: Books. Mon Jan 23 2017, 19:43

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:Anyone else ever heard about this book? I must admit,it's new to me.

https://www.abebooks.co.uk/books/the-voynich-manuscript/?cm_mmc=nl-_-nl-_-U170120-h00-voymanAMTRADE-_-herogr&abersp=1

Never heard of it before but looks amazing.

It's probably just the scribblings of a mad bastard and as you're here you won't have to go far to find more of that.

94Books. - Page 5 Empty Re: Books. Mon Jan 23 2017, 20:05

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:rofl: Shocked

95Books. - Page 5 Empty Re: Books. Sat Jun 17 2017, 18:58

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I'm reading The Graveyard book by Neil Gaiman (the American God's novelist). Turns out it's a reimagining of The Jungle book but about a real kid who lives with the dead in a graveyard. Tough start but turning out to be a cracking read.

96Books. - Page 5 Empty Re: Books. Sat Jun 17 2017, 19:05

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'Timbuktu' by Paul Auster is a great read. Nice little book to take away on holiday.

97Books. - Page 5 Empty Re: Books. Sat Jun 17 2017, 19:17

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:'Timbuktu' by Paul Auster is a great read. Nice little book to take away on holiday.

Sounds like a bit of tearjerker, Bonce.

98Books. - Page 5 Empty Re: Books. Sat Jun 17 2017, 19:22

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:'Timbuktu' by Paul Auster is a great read. Nice little book to take away on holiday.

Sounds like a bit of tearjerker, Bonce.
Just one of those books that give you a lift. No bad thing these days.

99Books. - Page 5 Empty Re: Books. Sat Jun 17 2017, 20:00

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:'Timbuktu' by Paul Auster is a great read. Nice little book to take away on holiday.

Sounds like a bit of tearjerker, Bonce.
Just one of those books that give you a lift. No bad thing these days.

Trying to ween myself off Murakami books at the moment so I may give it a try.

100Books. - Page 5 Empty Re: Books. Sat Jun 17 2017, 20:04

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:'Timbuktu' by Paul Auster is a great read. Nice little book to take away on holiday.

Sounds like a bit of tearjerker, Bonce.
Just one of those books that give you a lift. No bad thing these days.

Trying to ween myself off Murakami books at the moment so I may give it a try.
I'm still trying to ween myself of the Famous Five books. I'm sure there's something funny going on between Dick and George.
And why is Uncle Quentin so secretive?

Sponsored content



Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum