Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fags: The World Has Gone Mad

+4
Jake McHale
Hipster_Nebula
Bwfc1958
Natasha Whittam
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Fags: The World Has Gone Mad - Page 2 Empty Re: Fags: The World Has Gone Mad Thu Jan 22 2015, 22:42

wanderful life wrote:If you go in every town centre,anywhere in the Uk,you see big fat birds about 22 arses as wide as a ten tonne truck in the standard black leggings,pushing a buggy with her equally fat friends.

So what are there kids eating.Surely Nutrition should be put on the National corricoleum along with learning about the pitfalls of drink,drugs and smoking.
I think nutrition should replace literacy on the corricoleum Wink

22Fags: The World Has Gone Mad - Page 2 Empty Re: Fags: The World Has Gone Mad Fri Jan 23 2015, 10:23

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

1874, my point was less about tax and costs, and more about people who, by abusing their own health, clog up the NHS so that folk who become ill through no fault of their own may not get the prompt care they deserve.

23Fags: The World Has Gone Mad - Page 2 Empty Re: Fags: The World Has Gone Mad Fri Jan 23 2015, 11:44

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:1874, my point was less about tax and costs, and more about people who, by abusing their own health, clog up the NHS so that folk who become ill through no fault of their own may not get the prompt care they deserve.

And do you include obese people in that? Which I think was the point made earlier.

24Fags: The World Has Gone Mad - Page 2 Empty Re: Fags: The World Has Gone Mad Fri Jan 23 2015, 12:26

okocha wrote:1874, my point was less about tax and costs, and more about people who, by abusing their own health, clog up the NHS so that folk who become ill through no fault of their own may not get the prompt care they deserve.

You could level that criticism at any number of perfectly legal things, aside from the obese people you could even apply that logic to adrenaline junkies who put their bodies in danger. People are free to do what they want with their own bodies in my eyes.

25Fags: The World Has Gone Mad - Page 2 Empty Re: Fags: The World Has Gone Mad Fri Jan 23 2015, 13:25

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

And do you include obese people in that? Which I think was the point made earlier.
Yes, of course, unless there is some good reason for the obesity beyond the individual's control. Living a selfish, inconsiderate life is hardly something to be proud of, especially if you expect the NHS to come to your rescue to the detriment of others who have tried to live healthily. Inability to cope in an  over-stretched A+E department is often the result of an influx of preventable issues. In a civilised society we all have a duty to look after ourselves and other people responsibly, leaving the NHS able to cope with the more unavoidable problems. Shouldn't  hospitals give lower priority to drunks, drug-users, smokers etc?

26Fags: The World Has Gone Mad - Page 2 Empty Re: Fags: The World Has Gone Mad Fri Jan 23 2015, 13:38

okocha wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Yes, of course, unless there is some good reason for the obesity beyond the individual's control. Living a selfish, inconsiderate life is hardly something to be proud of, especially if you expect the NHS to come to your rescue to the detriment of others who have tried to live healthily. Inability to cope in an  over-stretched A+E department is often the result of an influx of preventable issues. In a civilised society we all have a duty to look after ourselves and other people responsibly, leaving the NHS able to cope with the more unavoidable problems. Shouldn't  hospitals give lower priority to drunks, drug-users, smokers etc?
The beauty of the NHS is that the people with the most needs are prioritised regardless.  That's why it is the envy of the modern world and why we have so many people coming into the country

I hardly ever go to the doctors or the hospital, yes i am overweight of my own doing, but i have worked since i was 16 and paid tax and national insurance since.  So if i was to get ill and somebody who was svelte like Scottjames for example, do you think he should be prioritised over me because i'm podgier and don't have a six pack.

27Fags: The World Has Gone Mad - Page 2 Empty Re: Fags: The World Has Gone Mad Fri Jan 23 2015, 15:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

If a propensity to substance abuse or an "addictive personality" is genetic is that not "illness" or is it learned behaviour? Should it be treated any differently from any other hereditary condition such as sickle cell disease, muscular dystrophy or haemophilia?
If children are brought up in a home where their parents smoke and drink - and learn to do so themselves as a result - should they be penalised as you suggest?
In fact if a child is brought up in a working class family, especially in certain areas of the country where it has been proven irrevocably that there is a link between where/who you were born to and a reduced anticipated lifespan, is it acceptable to use these criteria to differentiate the service offered?

Need to be very careful if the NHS varies from the actuarial approach it currently takes to patient care. These arguments are on similar lines to the case against DNA profiling in medical records as it could lead to e.g. higher insurance premiums for people with any kind of genetic predisposition (so if your dad died of a heart attack your health insurance is doubled) or worse still terminating foetuses with unfavourable genetics (designer babies)

Creating a link between drink/drugs and healthcare services is fraught with moral danger although if they legalised/nationalised drugs, drink and tobacco and put the profits into the NHS that would create a direct link between the two elements and would ensure the NHS is sustainable.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum