Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rate the Ref - Mark Haywood v Reading

+11
Natasha Whittam
Barryjw
Reebok_Rebel
wanderlust
Norpig
scottjames30
Keegan
doffcocker
bryan458
rammywhite
Sluffy
15 posters

Reply to topic

Only one vote to use.

Rate the Ref - Mark Haywood v Reading Vote_lcap0%Rate the Ref - Mark Haywood v Reading Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Rate the Ref - Mark Haywood v Reading Vote_lcap21%Rate the Ref - Mark Haywood v Reading Vote_rcap 21% [ 5 ]
Rate the Ref - Mark Haywood v Reading Vote_lcap50%Rate the Ref - Mark Haywood v Reading Vote_rcap 50% [ 12 ]
Rate the Ref - Mark Haywood v Reading Vote_lcap29%Rate the Ref - Mark Haywood v Reading Vote_rcap 29% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 24

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rate the Ref - Mark Haywood v Reading Empty Rate the Ref - Mark Haywood v Reading Tue Mar 03 2015, 22:55

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Only one vote to use!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I was at the match and his refereeing was bizarre to say the least. I suppose he must understand the rules of the game, but  his decisions were atrocious. He's the sort of bloke that causes games to disintegrate into farce. Simply appalling performance from him .

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

rammywhite wrote:I was at the match and his refereeing was bizarre to say the least. I suppose he must understand the rules of the game, but  his decisions were atrocious. He's the sort of bloke that causes games to disintegrate into farce. Simply appalling performance from him .

Can't argue with that, I've seen some dire reffin this season, but that was one of the worst I've seen in living memory What a Face

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Fair play to the referee. He had basically no big decisions to make yet managed to wind the crowd up more than any ref seen at the Reebok for a number of years.

There seemed to be a situation in the second half where he pointed for a Bolton throw then allowed a Reading player to get on with taking it. 

Awful performance from start to finish.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Which of those options equals shite? That's my vote.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Keegan wrote:Which of those options equals shite? That's my vote.

Barry Knight.

THAT Ipswich play off game.

Bolton - 2 Red Cards, 12(TWELVE) Yellow Cards, 3 (THREE) Penalties given against us.

Ipsich - 0 Red Cards, 0 Yellow Cards, 0 Penalties given against.

Final Score Ipswich Knights 5 (3 pens), nine men Bolton 3.

Within weeks of the match we had to sell Jenson, Eidur and Mark Fish.

Thanks Barry.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I didn't go so i can't comment.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Red cards make us lose players for one game but injuries make us lose players for extended periods. I voted Worse than Shite. That was some effin Reffing!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sluffy wrote:
Keegan wrote:Which of those options equals shite? That's my vote.

Barry Knight.

Bolton - 2 Red Cards, 12(TWELVE) Yellow Cards, 3 (THREE) Penalties given against us.

Thanks Barry.

At that time a bloke called David Sheepshanks was Ipswich chairman.

He was also head of an "independent" panel which assessed Football League referees and decided which ones were good enough to make the step up to officiating in the Premier League.

Barry Knight was promoted to the Premier League's bank of match officials in August 1999.

This game (in May 2000) was the first one involving Ipswich that he'd presided over since being moved up.

About a month after this game was played, Knight was appointed to the Premier League's "Select Group" of referees, a decision which was again overseen by Sheepshanks.

Draw your own conclusions.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it was the worst performance by a ref i have seen in years! The tackle on McNaughton was a bad one but not evan a foul given and as mentioned letting Reading take a throw in when he had clearly signalled it was ours was just laziness and incompetance.

His mobility was shocking, he couldn't get up and down the pitch and was always lagging behind.

Also i never associated Reading with being a dirty cynical side but last night thats exactly what they set out to do.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think any ref could ever have as biased a game as Barry Knight because he was blatantly partisan. The guy last night was apparently just incompetent and as it turned out his incompetence favoured Reading so I guess Knight was worse, but I can't really tell from my armchair.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

That ref should be fucking banned for life from ever setting foot on a pitch again. Useless. 

I just thought he was the usual biased towards a southern club wanker at first... then the throw in incident came, I nearly got thrown out of the stand I was that angry, along with hundreds of others in the ESL, it actually nearly led to a small pitch invasion... 

Not seen anger like that in the stands since Freedmans last few games.

Looked like Matt Mills was slightly pissed off about something too...

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Looked like Matt Mills was slightly pissed off about something too...

No shit. I'm not a gambler but seeing as that was a game which was obviously targeted as winnable, I'd definitely consider a punt on Matt getting sent off at Rovers.

Can you bet on that? Where would I find the odds?

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Probably the most incompetent refereeing performance I can remember in the last fifteen years. The only consistency was the number of repeated bad or non decisions. Hoped the referees' assessor would have visited his dressing room at half time to administer a bollocking but doubt this happened.
Interested to see Steve Clarke's Chelsea influence where his players' surrounded the referee at every incident and clearly influenced him with the pressure.
The kindest thing that I can say is that he refereed `By committee`.
He should be both ashamed and embarrassed by his performance but no doubt is too arrogant to accept responsibility!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Barry Knight.

Thanks Barry.

This Barry Knight thing is an urban myth.

I was at the game and all I saw was a Bolton Wanderers team who completely lost the plot in ways I have not witnessed since. Totally unprofessional and towards the end of the game it was clear they were making these stupid tackles so they could blame the referee for their shit performance rather than themselves.

If you weren't there, don't be mislead. If you were there, you know what happened.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

A man was found in a cupboard under the stand with his ref kit missing and his mouth taped up, the guy in the middle was shit in any way you want to asses him, probably the worst i have ever seen.

You can't compare it to the Ipswich game that night we were stitched up (cheated), had it been United v Liverpool an inquiry would have folllowed, Nat your deluded.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Barry Knight.

Thanks Barry.

This Barry Knight thing is an urban myth.

I was at the game and all I saw was a Bolton Wanderers team who completely lost the plot in ways I have not witnessed since. Totally unprofessional and towards the end of the game it was clear they were making these stupid tackles so they could blame the referee for their shit performance rather than themselves.

If you weren't there, don't be mislead. If you were there, you know what happened.
I was at the match. I still have nightmares.
Knight was down to ref us in the prem in a home game against Aston Villa,but was relieved from duty on police advice. Still got the match programme with his name down as ref. Was so looking forward to seeing him again.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I have it on good authority from Mystic Meg(son) that Mr Haywood's mum gave him a referee's costume at Halloween and the FA didn't realise he wasn't actually qualified when he showed up in it at FA HQ to ask which game he was going to be in charge of. They also misread his form where it said Home Town. They thought it said Hobbies: Reading.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I had a feeling when Clough went down that Mills was going to lose it big time. It kicks off at the RL pretty regular with yellow cards to cool it off and it was the same vibe, Mills fuse must have been almost gone.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum